The Rumour Thread

As a Drukhari player: 

IMO the current model is better (barring the silly thong).

Given all the special character models that Drukhari are missing (or are less well sculpted finecast) this is a disappointment.

The Hedonites look better in the darker red scheme used in the video.

Great style, particularly as a counterpoint to the 'Greek' style of the DoK.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, shinros said:

I can tell the person who chose the music for both Slaanesh trailers has great taste in music. Yes, I like classical, including Mozart and rock. 

That said, this sounds pretty inspired by Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata's 3rd movement (yes kids, there's not just the Moonlight sonata you know from Resident Evil). 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I do expect now a Mortal Tzeentch release like the Slaanesh one though. It's your own fault, GW. Fatemaster, Curseling, Forsaken, Sorcerer-warriors. Do it!

Hedonites are probably a special case since their God-book was the only one without any new Mortals in it (and the only ones in it were Hellstriders). Tzeentch didn't get Kairics and Tzaangors that long ago in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

30 minutes ago, Overread said:

Khorne got something like 3 Battletomes between launch and 2.0 though one or two of them were very bare-bones battletomes. That said even though its a very short lived tome I think most Hedonite players will welcome it. It's near enough doubling the army model variety count so its a huge addition and its right in the troops section which was basically untouched last time. This gives Slaanesh a big roster of heroes and a big roster of cavalry and infantry. About the only things missing are some big (not keeper) beasties and artillery. 

I'm not claiming it's a bad thing, it was clear previous hedonites book was missing a mortal part that should have been there. It's just a weird way to update things and a bit unexpected. It's much better than giving them all the new units in the next broken realms, because that leads to situations like with Mechanicus in 40k where they have at this point as many units outside of their book as in it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dekay said:

I'm not claiming it's a bad thing, it was clear previous hedonites book was missing a mortal part that should have been there. It's just a weird way to update things and a bit unexpected. It's much better than giving them all the new units in the next broken realms, because that leads to situations like with Mechanicus in 40k where they have at this point as many units outside of their book as in it.

I would've put money on GW getting people to buy two books (Hedonites + Broken Realms) and take advantage of the hype. I'm surprised I was wrong given how being cynical towards GW rarely leads to surprise. Luckily they seem to be a lot more careful with trying to milk the AoS playerbase so brazenly, probably by virtue of it's smaller size - I'm not complaining mind you.

15 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I do expect now a Mortal Tzeentch release like the Slaanesh one though. It's your own fault, GW. Fatemaster, Curseling, Forsaken, Sorcerer-warriors. Do it!

Tzeentch was 4 years ago right? 
2015 - Khorne Mortals
2016 - Tzeench Mortals
2017 - Nurgle Mortals
2020 - Slaneesh Mortals 

Tzeentch also had the silver tower minis which I feel like a lot of those wound up in circulation.  All the Chaos gods now have modern mortals, I personally think they'll focus on other stuff except for maybe an odd hero here and there, and won't revisit these for 5+ years. 

Skaven is definitely the next Chaos thing to get updated. 

• Like 3

Really love that Lileth model- especially how hard and cold the expression is on her face. 

The Slaaneshi stuff is amazing as well -the riders especially very dynamic looking. 

Not my factions but great to see these models coming out. I'm pretty sure they will do a bigger preview, streamed etc.., of what's coming in 2021 around New Year, nice to have more to look froward to.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Hedonites are probably a special case since their God-book was the only one without any new Mortals in it (and the only ones in it were Hellstriders). Tzeentch didn't get Kairics and Tzaangors that long ago in the grand scheme of things.

Well, Tzeentch is the only God without his own armored mortal  troops now. I love Tzaangors but IMO we only got basic Mortal troops so far. Every other Chaos God got their own elite Mortal Warriors now and and nothing would fit more than Sorcerer-Warriors (think exalted sorcerers in fantasy) and heavily mutated ones. It's not a priority but with Finecast being so, so bad, we need new versions of the Curseling (which I love... wish I had him in metal tho) and the Fatemaster. A few nice followers would make for a cool wave. Plus: Have you seen how terribly cool Tzeentchian warriors look in the art? They're definitely the coolest looking ones outta the bunch.

Anyways, I will not stop whining about these things cause they might stumble across the demand. Tzeentch is the best thing about Warhammer to me! B)

Edited by MitGas

5 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Tzeentch was 4 years ago right? 
2015 - Khorne Mortals
2016 - Tzeench Mortals
2017 - Nurgle Mortals
2020 - Slaneesh Mortals 

Tzeentch also had the silver tower minis which I feel like a lot of those wound up in circulation.  All the Chaos gods now have modern mortals, I personally think they'll focus on other stuff except for maybe an odd hero here and there, and won't revisit these for 5+ years. 

Skaven is definitely the next Chaos thing to get updated. 

Yes but:

Khorne Bloodwarriors, Nurgle Blightknights, Slaanesh Double-kit. We got no mortal equivalent of an elite unit. What we do have is more beastmen but I'll gladly see beastmen for the other Chaos factions (Slaanesh got those now as well) and then more mortals for Tzeentch. Compare the Slaanesh and Khorne release to the Tzeentch one. It's not fair as it is now.

Edited by MitGas

The Slaanesh release is shaping up to be excellent. The new steeds are way better than the current ones. I wonder if the archers on foot will also be a dual kit with hand weapons like the mounted options. The palaqin on the  cover seems promising. 
I will say I had hoped for more harem pants like the dread pageant troopers have. 

• Like 2

Okay, the new Slaanesh models are absolutely gorgeous. And am I the only one who think the Seekers look really, really cute??? Probably their big puppy/kitten eyes. Like, I want one as a pet!

Also, man, the Hedontes....gnnnh they are gorgeous!!! I am in love! And guess that is exactly the reaction Slaaneshi followers would, well, try and elicit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Khorne got something like 3 Battletomes between launch and 2.0 though one or two of them were very bare-bones battletomes. That said even though its a very short lived tome I think most Hedonite players will welcome it. It's near enough doubling the army model variety count so its a huge addition and its right in the troops section which was basically untouched last time. This gives Slaanesh a big roster of heroes and a big roster of cavalry and infantry. About the only things missing are some big (not keeper) beasties and artillery. 

I truly hope we get a Massive Beast for Slaanesh!! Perhaps in scale to a KoS but perhaps thicker.

43 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Of the 4 Classic Chaos Alliegences Tzeentch is my favourite and I hope to see it bolstered!! More Bird Men!!

14 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The return of Greasus Goldtooth confirmed. Lock it in, boys!

That would actually be amazing if it were an Ogor, just to have another race in amongst Chaos as we know almost all can fall to it!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I think the multi-part Slaves to Darkness stuff is probably first.

Not so sure. I like that they made the new sculpts for the start collecting box but it was not a clear indication that its part of a larger release. The existing kits are a bit old, but at least plastic. Half of skaven is still metal. Plus skaven is a lot more popular thematically than STD.  With all the warcry stuff the unaffiliated Chaos stuff is just in a weird spot. 

24 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Okay, the new Slaanesh models are absolutely gorgeous. And am I the only one who think the Seekers look really, really cute??? Probably their big puppy/kitten eyes. Like, I want one as a pet!

Also, man, the Hedontes....gnnnh they are gorgeous!!! I am in love! And guess that is exactly the reaction Slaaneshi followers would, well, try and elicit.

Yeah I love the new steeds , I actually like the current steeds but their mortal riders aren't great- looks like you might get two sets of riders from this kit so you can swap them over. But the new steeds Rea;;y are something else.

18 minutes ago, El Syf said:

Death players about to rage quit and burn our armies. Lolz.

On serious note the new Slanesh stuff all looks pretty good. 

Merry Christmas everyone :)

I'd say they have held some stuff back so they can do a larger "what's coming in 2021" around new year and some of that is bound to be death..personally I could be persuaded by lady warrior vampires .. they were my inspiration for my VC army..