The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Why would that be a waste?

sure we have the bonereapers, but unlike them Skeletons very likely only need a summoner unlike bonereapers that get somewhat forged.

so having skeletons as a cheaper but worser options, that can be considered dire summoning units to protect your lines kinda makes sense.

also there are a ton of people that gw might anger with throwing those guys into the bin

This is purely from a lore point of view, as I said GW would probably anger a lot if Nagash was split from the old school undead. The bonereapers take all bones and use them as raw material, even during the warfare with Archaon in the eight points, their priority is to use the bones and skeletons of the dead to create fortresses and now Bonereapers. This is simply a choice of how to best use a resource, do we animate the skeleton as a soldier or grind it down for materials and so far it appears a skeleton is worth more as raw materials for the bonereapers. We have also only heard about the only limitation of the Bonereapers being access to this raw material, so right now everything points to animating skeletons being the less efficient use of them.

Of course there will be areas without any Bonereapers where Necromancers and Soulblight have no other option than to use skeletons and zombies as soldiers, they do not command the bonereapers, but Nagash ultimately does. We do know Nagash manifests himself where he pleases, so of course he could still pop up in an area where no Bonereaper legions are currently present and the only standing forces are ye olde skeletons and zombies, which is what I assume is the case if Nagash leads such a force, otherwise why would he not bring his Bonereaper legions instead and use every material available to reinforce them.

Stormcasts and humans have a very different dynamic, and having the regular and the elite makes complete sense, but in the case of Nagash, skeletons and bonereapers, you have a finite material and you can use it to make knives or machine guns, knives being much cheaper and easy to pick up and use, however clearly inferior and Nagash himself would have few reasons to go with the inferior use.

8 minutes ago, shinros said:

Wow the lore behind the Myrmidesh Painbringers is a really awesome step away from the excess = sex trope that people so intensely dislike about Slaanesh. I have always found something hedonistic about asceticism and this is such a great interpretation of that notion. I still am very smitten with the uncanny and abject horror of Twin Souls... maybe I will falter for Sigvald and company. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Wow the lore behind the Myrmidesh Painbringers is a really awesome step away from the excess = sex trope that people so intensely dislike about Slaanesh. I have always found something hedonistic about asceticism and this is such a great interpretation of that notion. I still am very smitten with the uncanny and abject horror of Twin Souls... maybe I will falter for Sigvald and company. 

They're aren't ascetic in my opinion, they're excessive in the sense their addicted to murdering people in contrived ways that's their indulgence. They just don't get off at bodily pursuits anymore, they're more obsessed with killing people in awesome and pretty ways. 

Edited by shinros
  • Thanks 1

Another redundant echo on my part for Vampires. The bat skull says it all.

The next one I also think's Bonesplitters. The green background, skull motif (ironically next to Ossiarchs) and their not having a warband thus far makes it a solid guess imo.

I'm admittedly gutted it does nothing to confirm Soulblight for AoS proper, but it doesn't hurt the chances either.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The next one I also think's Bonesplitters. The green background, skull motif (ironically next to Ossiarchs) and their not having a warband thus far makes it a solid guess imo.

3 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

The Green one could be the Silent People warband. It is quietly insectoid in shape and match the bone like structure we saw on the card refering them.

Very excited for April if either of these are correct, and I'll be excited still if it's something completely different and unexpected. 

1 minute ago, Grim Beasties said:

Very excited for April if either of these are correct, and I'll be excited still if it's something completely different and unexpected. 

It would be nice to be something unexpected, because right now it screams bonesplitterz everywhere