The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, SirSalabean said:

What are the contents of the army battle boxes for IDK, COS, SCE, and STD ?

https://ageofsigmar.com/broken-realms/?utm_source=Warhammer Community&utm_medium=Post&utm_campaign=SundayPreview01112020

Scroll down to the tab under the "featured factions" which has a halfdozen or so options; scroll across and you can see the battalions. They vary a lot. Slaves to Darkness is just 3 Chariots whilst the Stormcast is a whole host of things. So they vary in how diverse they are and will likely feature different prices; but it remains to be seen on the price side of things.

I have to say the art showing almost what looks like a DoK rider on a dragon is very annoyin g- cause darn it I want dragons in my DoK forces for real! 

1 minute ago, Overread said:

https://ageofsigmar.com/broken-realms/?utm_source=Warhammer Community&utm_medium=Post&utm_campaign=SundayPreview01112020

Scroll down to the tab under the "featured factions" which has a halfdozen or so options; scroll across and you can see the battalions. They vary a lot. Slaves to Darkness is just 3 Chariots whilst the Stormcast is a whole host of things. So they vary in how diverse they are and will likely feature different prices; but it remains to be seen on the price side of things.

I have to say the art showing almost what looks like a DoK rider on a dragon is very annoyin g- cause darn it I want dragons in my DoK forces for real! 

They actually are all nearly the same price normally with two at 105€ and the other two at 109.5€ so I expect all four of them to be the same. Now how much they actually will be thats another question

@Overread  the themed box set for Morathi's forces is a sorceress on Black Dragon and two squads of Druchii infantry by the looks of it.

Ach, I was wrong. Sad panda. 😔

If I have read correctly each of these boxes is a self contained warscroll battalion for the 'core faction'. 

Screenshot_20201101-182627_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Souleater

@Souleater nope she's for the Cities of Sigmar force, the mage on a dragon is Drusa Kraeth and she's part of one of the many free cities forces. So whilst they might be strong allies of Morathi in this, they are still a separate force. The Slaanesh and DoK forces I wager will be the ones in the duel army pack or a getting started set etc... 

@Matrindur ahh that surprises me a bit, but then I guess its the stormcast throwing me as it looks like they have more, but then some of that might be already bundle/discounted/pushfit/whatever sets making them look more than the others. The Idoneth one certainly looks fun with two sharks and a seahorse monster! 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Lord of the Isle said:

Well we don’t know if the sorceress is in with Morathi, right?

the sorceress is not with Morathi. That's Drusa Kraeth, the leader of one of the cities of sigmar armies the book is going to support with a warscroll battalion. 

I really like the concept of the boxes but they seem a little scarce in terms of models/units, wonder what we'll be looking at for a pricepoint

Edited by Mcprowlington

So sad see a old hero as bugmann back but he isnt a dispossesed.........i guess if ungrim come back gonna be as a fyreslayer lol

Whats the points in dispossesed then if we never gonna get models new and only get our roster deleted little a little in each general handbook

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Bugmans descendant is one of the best ko models. He is waaaay better than the normal Xmas models and could easily just become a permanent aos ko character model.

Seriously.

If I don't see everyone using this as a KO anvil of Apotheosis Character, I'm going to be wildly disappointed in the community. 

Edited by Athrawes
  • Like 5

I honestly wasn't expecting the Morathi book to drop so soon! I've got a Stormcast and Cities army, and a friend who has Idoneth. I'm really excited to see what they do for the different armies!

As a side not, it is generally believed or understood that Broken Realms is the AoS Psychic Awakening that will likely lead into our third edition. The new 40k edition launched with a huge update to 2 different armies. Are we expecting to see something similar here? Will the culmination of Broken Realms be the release of Slaanesh, and will their mortal forces herald in the new edition? Or do we think that Destruction will be taking center stage, and their armies will receive a substantial boost? (I certainly wouldn't complain if Ironjawz were hit with a big expansion!)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Athrawes said:

Seriously.

If I don't see everyone using this as a KO anvil of Apotheosis Character, I'm going to wildly disappointed in the community. 

I just love how it fills out the model range and adds depth. I've had Bugman since 1st Edition WFB so love seeing such a brilliant model of him. 

19 minutes ago, Doko said:

So sad see a old hero as bugmann back but he isnt a dispossesed.........i guess if ungrim come back gonna be as a fyreslayer lol

Whats the points in dispossesed then if we never gonna get models new and only get our roster deleted little a little in each general handbook

I love this model but I was hoping they might expand or revisit Bugman's rangers in AoS- could be an interesting dwarf force..