The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, amysrevenge said:

That's a barrier for some (most?) people but not for me.  I bulk buy MDF bases, and would have no problem putting dudes on Marauder sized bases (or with having a handful of excess dudes left over at the end).  Realized I don't even know if Marauders are on 25s or 32s haha, I'd have to look it up haha.

they are 25 mm

technically you could proxy the smaller Corvus cabal (10 of them) or Unmade (8 of them) models  as marauder. people don't do it though because is easier to buy the one Marauders  box then spend 2 box of more expensive Warcry boxes. plus i think people really distain the fact that marauder spams happens to be one of the strongest part of S2D over classic Chaos warriors and knights

2 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Yeah I don't see Morathi sharing that kind of power with anyone. I wouldn't be surprised if the "shadow daemon possession" in their lore so far winds up being the Umbraneth allies are under her power and can't report back to or do anything for their real master, Malerion and his empires of shadowy devil aelves.

It even goes back to the naming conventions you mentioned. She personally created several races of aelves, Melusai, Khinerai and the Gorgai's. They belong to Her and bow to no other, only those she permits them to for her grand plans.

It could go the other way too. This could just foreshadow the events of Broken Realms, where Morathi achieves godhood, units all her forces under the name of Umbraneth, and is a more formal leader of most of the aelves in Ulgu, while Malerion sticks to his daemons. 

In Soulbound, Malerion was not depicted very favorably. Just sitting on his throne, not leaving his city much, losing control of the fight against Chaos in Ulgu (with Morathi and the DoK doing all of the heavy lifting there), loosing followers everywhere, while Morathi is getting stronger and stronger. 

So, at least in the short term that could be what's happening. Of course they can turn around the story whenever they want, and go the opposite way. And Broken Realms could also have the opposite outcome. 

Will be interesting to see how the story evolves. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Yeah I don't see Morathi sharing that kind of power with anyone. I wouldn't be surprised if the "shadow daemon possession" in their lore so far winds up being the Umbraneth allies are under her power and can't report back to or do anything for their real master, Malerion and his empires of shadowy devil aelves.

It even goes back to the naming conventions you mentioned. She personally created several races of aelves, Melusai, Khinerai and the Gorgai's. They belong to Her and bow to no other, only those she permits them to for her grand plans.

I am of the opinion that the design plan was for each aelves gods to get there own army since each got a portion of souls from Slaanesh.

Tyrion has his side of Pointy aelves yet unseen

Teclis has Deepkin but stuff happens and he had to use some of Tyrions to make his side of Pointy aelves

Morathi has daughter of Khaine

Malarion has Umbraneth spiky goth punk Aelves

Allarielle didn’t get any souls but has Sylvaneath and maybe Kurnothi in the future 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

You can't select the tribe so:

- The artifact restrictions are not applied.

- You can't select the Breaker tribe skills...

I wonder why this is the case?....maybe GW have just thrown them in quickly while they work on updating the rest of the app......you still cant put Morgoks krushas in an Ironjawz list and they have been out for months

If we assume that "-Neth" essentially means "kindred of elves" the I guess Daughters of Khaine could be considered "Sanguineth" if you want to keep with the latin prefix theme. Basically the "elves of blood " to go with the elves of light, shadows, wood, and whatever "Idon" is, presumably something sea related, but my somewhat limited latin is failing me on th derivation of that one. Anyone know where it comes from?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, novakai said:

plus i think people really distain the fact that marauder spams happens to be one of the strongest part of S2D over classic Chaos warriors and knights

True,

yet I haven‘t made a big unit of Marauders out of Iron Golems due to already having converted and painted 40 Marauders out  of Bloodwarriors 😵

And I do not need another 40. I am not into spamming

P.S.: It triggers me that freakin Apple autocorrect ONLY changes correct words to incorrect ones while ignoring wrong words. Out is changed to only while words like „inly, Wsrhammer yirself „etc are ignored -_- 

Edited by JackStreicher

47 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Maybe an army of two keywords (Mawtribe style😞Umbraneth (main keyword) and Shadowkin/Daughters of Khaine (second keyword)??

I'm expecting that the DoK will be rolled into umbraneth, which will be a book that does the multifaction thing (like LoN, GSG, Ogors, Orruks, Cities, Skaven, etc...), since there's a definite precedent for it. We can probably assume they'll still be separated for buffs and command abilities, with maybe faction rules for running "pure" armies of one or the other. Though they might surprise us with something completely different. 

Personally I would be surprised if Malerion is not ‘keeping his powder dry for something huge’ rather than ‘being manipulated and usurped by mom’, but I enjoy all speculation on subject. I’d like the Ms to stay related but fractious

I’m also particularly hoping to learn more about Ulgu humans who by necessity serve / respect big Mal. Soulbound opened up v interesting vista of squabbling petty kingdoms

I mean if we get yet another aelf release before a single human update that will be a real shame.

I still am not certain how popular the lumineth were/are. I dont know anyone around my group that has collected them. Some got the first box but no one I know has bought teclis or a big cow. Surely umbraneths main foes would be the tyrionic lumineth of which we have seen nothing.

I have a feeling both tyrion aelves and 'umbraneth' are years away. 

• Confused 1

I'd prefer that DoK stayed separate from Malerions forces. I like DoK, thy have a cool aesthetic/narrative and dont think that would be well served by being a diluted part of a bigger faction.

I could see the more aelven forces like Witch Aelves being able to be used in Malerions faction as part of a narrative where BR ends with it becoming clear Khaine really is gone, Morathi ascending to full god-hood and some of her forces feel betrayed and join Malerion whos full army comes in at this point.

As much as I love elves and particularly Malekith/Malerion I dont think we need another brand new elf army at this point. I think we can wait at least a year and give that time to expand dwarves or freeguild or soulblight or something completely new.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, novakai said:

I am of the opinion that the design plan was for each aelves gods to get there own army since each got a portion of souls from Slaanesh.

Tyrion has his side of Pointy aelves yet unseen

Teclis has Deepkin but stuff happens and he had to use some of Tyrions to make his side of Pointy aelves

Morathi has daughter of Khaine

Malarion has Umbraneth spiky goth punk Aelves

Allarielle didn’t get any souls but has Sylvaneath and maybe Kurnothi in the future 

I'm guessing if the Kurnothi appears might be through a broken realms book associated with Allarielle with the return of her consort Kurnoth.. 

Another thought around Morathi and Malerion -they could be twin shadow gods mirroring the Teclis and Tyron on the light side. ..  

21 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Warcry Catacombs Map.

FB_IMG_1603287101083.jpg

I wonder what the symbols mean, maybe new war bands this season? Theres 9 of them - one of them has a blood drop and crossed halberds, maybe a reference to the Rumour engine images with bold drop rapiers and the Halberd -maybe VC? There's a  forge there too -maybe something for Duardin?  Grungni's scouts?

Also the chain looks a little the chain from the last few rumour engine images.Theres a spiral -which I would have put in Life forces [Sylvaneth] but its in a chaos star I think- maybe beastmen ? Skaven are obvious..

9 minutes ago, mojojojo101 said:

As much as I love elves and particularly Malekith/Malerion I dont think we need another brand new elf army at this point. I think we can wait at least a year and give that time to expand dwarves or freeguild or soulblight or something completely new.

honestly that, to me at least, is one of the best reasons for combining any Malerion faction with DoK..

we already have so many factions (not just Aelves) that if you're not collecting half a dozen armies most people will be waiting years between new models, consolidating several of the smaller ones that make thematic sense means you can bring out new stuff that lots more people can use and so buy and feel good about their life choices.

and in my dream, fantasy world it would mean you can do more regular, smaller releases that more people can use. imagine rather than waiting ages for a huge release to come out, every few months they just added 1 or 2 kits to ranges (I know there are very, very very good reasons for GW not to do this but I'd love it).

combine Malerion's faction with DoK and suddenly you don't need to do a massive full range at release, they could bring out 5-6 kits of shadow demon types to start with enough for a basic army if needed but when combined with the existing DoK range that's suddenly an interesting sized army (especially if you look at releases like the Warcry war band being an aesthetic middle ground between DoK and shadowy creatures)

that can be easily expanded as they go on, and if at some point there's so many units that you need to split them up again that's easily done.

essentially what Gloomspite, CoS, Orruks, Ogors all were. and all the better for it.

likewise would mean you could introduce Tryion's Aleves, or Kurnothi for sylvanth without needing to do a massive range to start with, a few kits here, a few kits there that all builds up.

I'd be all up for them doing more of that, where they can still balance armies at least.

I mean easy enough to come up with some story about some stunty dude uniting the the Duardin again, merge Fyreslayers with Kharadron.

People that just like one aesthetic can and will stick to that but it also allows people to play with more toys, and you have the tools with things like conditional battleline depending on your general and sub factions abilities to make things still feel distinct within one army. 

Anyway I'm almost certain it will happen in some cases and not in some but there you go... lunch time aimless ramble over.

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

I don’t get the elf stuff in AoS, actually. I mean, they are all Order, they squabble a bit as to who is the most well-liked elf flavor of this god or that, but they can all ally all the same. There is no REAL conflict, which makes them narratively a bit samey. I mean, High and Dark Elves killed each other on sight, and for good reason, while the Woodsies would kill both if they came near their forest. AoS elves seem comparably rather tame.

• Thanks 2

If Broken Realms: Morathi is a November release, we might begin to hear new stuff from that soon. The preview was very vague and it will be interesting to see how much content these books will have, as that book might just set a very clear expectation on what to expect the following year for AoS. If only 2 factions are represented in each book with 1-2 models every 3 months, then it will be a very long year(s) indeed for AoS players. 

But yea would really appreciate expansion and improvement of current factions instead of too many new ones at this point. They could for example easily redo the entire beasts of chaos book and include an entire wave of releases without coming up with an entirely new faction. I think at best we will see some sub faction tweaks, in line with the recent squig and troggoth allegiances seen in white dwarf, just for other factions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OkayestDM said:

Almost commented to that effect, but I figured the pun spoke for itself :D

No I’m from the GW train of thought. If the pun doesn’t hit you in the face and knock you teeth out like a hammer strapped to said train, it isn’t a pun 

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 2