The Rumour Thread

Is it too late for pirate vampires though?

On a side note, glad the new warband finally discovered that walking barefoot on a battlefield full of spikes and debris may not be a good plan. Kind of wonder whats up with GW and making bald bare chest, bare feet miniatures XD

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kugane said:

On a side note, glad the new warband finally discovered that walking barefoot on a battlefield full of spikes and debris may not be a good plan. Kind of wonder whats up with GW and making bald bare chest, bare feet miniatures XD

"Welcome to the Eightpoints Spitoon how tough are ya?"

"I walked here from Aqshy"

"Ye-haa so?"

"Without any suncream or sandals...."

"Whaa uhh right this way sorry about that"

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Kugane said:

Crab vampires maybe?

Yeah if they revisit IDK I would love for them to expand the current Order ranges to the same amount of models as the other Grand Alliances. I know, I know, those other ones already had models and not many new ones have been added, but I would still like for the various "new" factions in Order and other alliances be brought up to 20+ warscrolls. Not kits, just warscrolls.

3 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

"Welcome to the Eightpoints Spitoon how tough are ya?"

"I walked here from Aqshy"

"Ye-haa so?"

"Without any suncream or sandals...."

"Whaa uhh right this way sorry about that"

“Welcome to the Eightpoints Spittoon, how tough are ya?”

*looks down and sees it’s Gotrek*

”Right this way sir.”  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Guessing the claw is from an IDK underworlds or warcry band. We're seeing new DoK models now that we've circled back around, so it makes sense if we're going in order of releases.

Sort of - it would be nice to see proper second wave model releases. Genestealer Cults really came into their own visually and rules wise when they got their second wave. DoK are doing ok with one new unit for Warcry - wil lbe interesting to see if they turn out as a chaff unit or an elite style unit (they sound, theme wise, more like an elite band than chaff - like the Warcry Slaves to Darkness forces are). 

well i feel like they be playable in DoK and have a warscroll like everything else that comes out from the spin off games but that just about it. unless there a new battletome coming out that gives them  better implementation to the army and even they  probably have very limited uses in AoS.

maybe this time around they decided to change it up, make the unit leader a wizard hero with a separate warscroll but i have a feeling they going to be just one combined unit with mishmash weapon profile and their leader is  just two wounds

I agree that it would be nice to see a second wave where most of the existing factions get new units/models, particularly the smaller ones.

But, to me, it's critical that these are actually designed to be AoS units, rather than Warcry/Underworlds bands that get ported in. That leads only to disappointment IMO. Take the warcry chaos bands. While I love the models,  dumping them into a single warscroll straight sucks. It's clearly because they weren't going to make new sprues or...like put in any effort, but still. With the Cypher Lords, for instance. The Thrallmaster should be a hero, and there should be a unit of Mirrorblades.

(And like, if the faction doesn't need something new, like seraphon, update some of the old stuff that's still in finecast!)

• Like 4

I think the Warbands work quite well as they are. I think the issue is that they do have somewhat of a duel design aspect in that they are designed to be showy and have more individual character by design; however when ported to AoS they tend to have simpler unit profiles. I think this is sensible and makes them of far more use - more people use Underworld Warbands as stand-in units rather than as the warband because the warbands are clunky and messy to control as they are like adding 5 or so heroes to your army - each with different weapon profiles and stats. 

Meanwhile the warcry bands so far are quite simple; one or two special units (that often have only minor differences) with hte bulk being from a single weapon profile and single set of stats. Making them easy to operate in AoS. 

I do agree that there's a difference between Warcry Warbands and dedicated new units and I'm sure that in the fullness of time we will get both. I think one warcry band per army/faction (in the fullness of time) would be a nice thing. Gives each army a single Warcry battlebox to buy (which can also be adapted in the future for skirmish or other stand alone skirmish games). Even Slaves to Darkness shows that this is in the pipe line; even though they got a lion share of warcy warbands, the monsters released for them are pretty much perfect ports game to game and Slaves have had regular releases too (new getting started set)

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, rbstr said:

I agree that it would be nice to see a second wave where most of the existing factions get new units/models, particularly the smaller ones.

But, to me, it's critical that these are actually designed to be AoS units, rather than Warcry/Underworlds bands that get ported in. That leads only to disappointment IMO. Take the warcry chaos bands. While I love the models,  dumping them into a single warscroll straight sucks. It's clearly because they weren't going to make new sprues or...like put in any effort, but still. With the Cypher Lords, for instance. The Thrallmaster should be a hero, and there should be a unit of Mirrorblades.

(And like, if the faction doesn't need something new, like seraphon, update some of the old stuff that's still in finecast!)

I know its not a rumor.  But I agree with your first sentence. I want malerion elves as much as the next. But the pace of army releases is leading me to fatigue both financially and excitement-wise. it also makes me a bit wary of the support of those factions where they have been left with very few kits for so many years (fyreslayers, ironjawz, deepkin I am sure there are more) yet they keep adding entire new armies. That being said the new factions have a large number and variety of kits which is very nice (bonedaddies and looking like lumineth had very full ranges on release). I would like to see some revisited support for the smaller factions and some do-overs for the struggling factions (stormcast, Beasts, KO, Khorne etc,).

Edited by TheCovenLord
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, El Antiguo Guardián said:

What other rumours are expected this year (or in 2021 bcs of Covid)?

BT´s for the rest of AoS 1.0 armys (LoN changed into Soulblight with skeletons, zombies and company?) and anything else?

There’s no more AoS 1.0 BTs, at best 1.5 or 1.9, some of those don’t even need much of an update like DoK.
While I welcome an Idoneth wave-2 wouldn’t be weird to come before a wave-2 of Fyreslayers, KO or Ironjawz?

Warcry models are amazing and extremely nice in Warcry context, really disappointing used as they are in AoS. The problem of using this approach is that most skirmish games give you a taste and then you can expand from the skirmish to the main army. Warcry does not work that way with the new warbands, although works perfectly with the cards only.

If we are going to see a managerie of sea beasts Warhammer Underworld does not scale well enough, you would end up with another Mollog sized warband that works really well for Mollog, but from sea beasts I would expect a different size than a biting stalagmite and a flying squig...

19 minutes ago, xking said:

A lot of 40k fans really don't like that "consequences" short story over on WH community, looking at 40k facebook comments. You think that they forgot that the Imperium kills it's own soldiers all the time over nothing.

I await with anticipation the first traitor Stormhost.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, xking said:

Those are not traitor stormcast, they are redeemed chaos followers, celestant Prime Smacks the chaos out of dudes and they get reforged into stormcast eternals.

But they no doubt still have traces of chaos in them, which is why they’re being watched by everyone from knights Excelsior to Hallowed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, xking said:

Also I don't think it is possible, as stormcast have a part of sigmar's very being and divine essence infused into them.

Remembering the short story about a Stormcast being reforged after death in battle and the fact that the mages who oversee the process are now often away fighting, it is possible that some are resisting the stripping of memories that is part of the process and being reforged without the obligatory memory-wipe required for their unthinking loyalty to Sigmar.  Whether the spark of immortal life is part of Sigmar's essence or part of the Realm is unclear, since both are intrinsically linked to each other.   Such individuals could band together, possibly secretly to form a fifth column - not necessarily for Chaos, but perhaps a new less autocratic form of Order.  It would be an interesting development.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, xking said:

I don't, traitor Stormhost are a terrible idea and  I would like Age of Sigmar to not be 40k.   Also I don't think it is possible, as stormcast have a part of sigmar's very being and divine essence infused into them.

Well, maybe someone got the divine essence of Sigmar before morning coffee?

Also, susceptibility to chaos corruption is just about the only thing making Space Marines interesting.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

Remembering the short story about a Stormcast being reforged after death in battle and the fact that the mages who oversee the process are now often away fighting, it is possible that some are resisting the stripping of memories that is part of the process and being reforged without the obligatory memory-wipe required for their unthinking loyalty to Sigmar.  Whether the spark of immortal life is part of Sigmar's essence or part of the Realm is unclear, since both are intrinsically linked to each other.   Such individuals could band together, possibly secretly to form a fifth column - not necessarily for Chaos, but perhaps a new less autocratic form of Order.  It would be an interesting development.

Yeah, as things stand the memory wipe means that stormcast really can't fall unless they were to spend a really long time between reforgings in order to get disillusioned. I feel like most don't get that chance. If the "quality control " stage of the reforging process were to become less effective and they retained the parts of their soul that no longer wish to serve then I could definitely see stormcast rebels becoming a thing. especially if the others learn what happens to their memories, and what is being done to them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1