The Rumour Thread

9 hours ago, the_master288 said:

Still waiting for that Slaves to Darkness Battletome.  I find it hilarious that with all this Warcry excitement, they decided to go a different route with the reveals.  I'm happy for those Battletome reveals, don't get me wrong, but I mean.............. Slaves could've used a Battletome reveal now too.

Idk, considering the most recent new models (not counting single heroes and terrain/endless spells) before this were for Slannesh, and we've got Warcry going on now, plus 40k got a bunch of Chaos and Chaos Knights, I think getting StD next would be a little bit overkill and demoralize non-Chaos fans of the game. It is better to mix stuff in-between IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Idk, considering the most recent new models (not counting single heroes and terrain/endless spells) before this were for Slannesh, and we've got Warcry going on now, plus 40k got a bunch of Chaos and Chaos Knights, I think getting StD next would be a little bit overkill and demoralize non-Chaos fans of the game. It is better to mix stuff in-between IMO. 

Not sure that it's fair to count the 40k stuff, and it's very likely that we will see Free Cities and Orruks before any unannounced tomes, and Ogors will probably be either before or concurrent with an unannounced tome, I'd think.

5 minutes ago, Turin Turambar said:

and zelda is a knife-ear, hysh aelves are knife ears

triangles are geometric shapes, AOS hysh lore has a lot of geometry and mathematics in it

candles = light = hysh

its a hysh aelf rumour engine confirmed ;)

Argumentation Level of over 3000 🤣

Fish have scales and swim in water

water is blue

so the sky has to be water

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Austin said:

I’m so confused that there is a legit, honest to goodness, highly credible rumor of a Tomb Kings-esque army IN THE NEXT THREE MONTHS.  And people aren’t freaking out.

LIKE I AM. 

My only concern is that the "tombstone" is actually Hysh thingy and new Teclis Aelves related, but yeah... We should hear something official soon from GW if kings are actually only 3 months away.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Austin said:

I’m so confused that there is a legit, honest to goodness, highly credible rumor of a Tomb Kings-esque army IN THE NEXT THREE MONTHS.  And people aren’t freaking out.

LIKE I AM. 

As much as I love Tomb kings, hyping up for it won’t do me any good, unless the evidence would be going towards a skaven release because that’s basically the time when I would go crazy.

2 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

As much as I love Tomb kings, hyping up for it won’t do me any good, unless the evidence would be going towards a skaven release because that’s basically the time when I would go crazy.

But if you don’t hype yourself up about it how can you feel the crushing despair that follows when the ‘release’ turns out to be one model (Apophas flying on a pile of gryph-hound skeletons) and a book that has five pages of reused fluff?  I gotta say- you are missing out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Austin said:

LIKE I AM. 

If and when it happens I'll be very excited. Until that point experience has taught me not to get my hopes up about anything. I basically don't buy new releases anymore. so I'll be waiting for a battleforce or start collecting regardless of when the new Death Army arrives. Thus whether its here in three months, or twelve doesn't make too much difference...

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 minutes ago, Austin said:

But if you don’t hype yourself up about it how can you feel the crushing despair that follows when the ‘release’ turns out to be one model (Apophas flying on a pile of gryph-hound skeletons) and a book that has five pages of reused fluff?  I gotta say- you are missing out. 

I got hyped up for the skaven release, and believe me it was great, but it’s basically what your describing.

a book full of reused fluff from the old world (exactly what I wanted), story’s about the greater clans , and what aspect they worship of the great horned rat (fantastic), rules are fantastic (probably one of the best fluffwise rules)

the warscroll updates, with the exception of 1-3units are fantastic.

and then there are our 20-40year old  halve available range of the skaven army.

I believe to have had a lot of dissatisfaction with the company, especially after we got another space marine chapter for the wrong game system. 

Edit: although I that was at the beginning, and my attitude towards that factions has changed, although only based on the lore and when playing against them.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

48 minutes ago, Austin said:

LIKE I AM. 

Not getting on the hype train just yet, we're still in the "dealing-out-opinions-like-they-are-facts" stage. 😛

Spoiler

On 6/4/2019 at 4:00 AM, FFJump said:

Hello everyone, so I've been a long-time lurker, first time poster. So, for the past half a decade (been in the hobby for 10 years), I've been collecting and cataloging rumors in my spare time for fun. Literally all rumors I come across from any source, trusted rumor-lords to even /tg/ ones just to piece things together because I like making predictions based off the data. Most of its 40K related, so not much AoS (Attached so you can see I'm not lying lol). Anyways, I come today because in the past few years I've had a friend who has been telling me things that have increasingly come to pass. Now, to be honest a lot can be considered "obvious", but a few stand-out examples was when he told me shortly after the release Legions of Nagash that Warherd and Brayherd were being combined into a battletome in a similar format, and 2 years ago he told me in a couple years we'd get a Keeper of Secrets and daemons seperate from an Emperor's Children release (something else he says is coming next year but has been repeated by many). Now, the thing is, most recently, he has come to me with a very particular rumor. I trust the guy complicity, but even I had to swallow a bit when he told me. Going through my collection, only one other non-4chan rumor-lord that I know of has posted anything similar, and that was over a year ago in the comments of Naftka by a person that hardly posts rumors. (Which I attached with info redacted as I don't think the person wants to be put on the spot). So I've decided to post my friend's rumor, because if it comes to pass he get's bragging rights. The following is from my friend paraphrased by me:

"Tomb Kings" are returning, being re-done not as a new army, but a "new " one. In the same manner as Daughters of Khaine and Gloomspite Gitz, with a mix of new and old models and re-named. So, they won't be "Tomb Kings" they'll be AoS-fied Egyptian army in the vein of Tomb Kings.  He also heard about some more Deathrattle, of which The Sepulcharal Guard are a preview at how some of the new skellies will look. Of this part he is not certain, but in his opinion the two are one and the same.

Not to add fuel to the fire, but this matches with what I posted last month. The only thing is that my friend had heard separately that Tomb Kings were returning, and that a Deathrattle army was incoming. He just assumed they were one and the same. Of course, this does mean his assumption has some more corroboration behind it.

Edited by FFJump
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

I really don't get this "keep low your expectations attitude". It's not our job to adjust our expectations to GW products. It's GW's job to deliver products suitable to OUR expectations. That's how a company should work if it wants to sell its goods. It's not about overreacting and shitsto.rming but one might be dissatisfied with X release. After such great releases like Kharadron Overlords, Nighthaunt, Idoneth Deepkin (and MANY more!) I won't pretend I'm cool with 1 new model for Deathrattle and a battletome or past 2019 releases like updated Fyreslayers. I simply skip those armies and buy those that required some effort. It has nothing to do with hate or negative emotions. As a customer I want to be appreciated and feel that these minis are worth my money.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

If and when it happens I'll be very excited. Until that point experience has taught me not to get my hopes up about anything. I basically don't buy new releases anymore. so I'll be waiting for a battleforce or start collecting regardless of when the new Death Army arrives. Thus whether its here in three months, or twelve doesn't make too much difference...

Are you an old monk sitting on a river and letting the stream of rumours just flowing by? Because that is the picture that I have of you now :)

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Sonnenspeer said:

Are you an old monk sitting on a river and letting the stream of rumours just flowing by? Because that is the picture that I have of you now :)

Lets go with yes!

At least as far as upcoming stuff is concerned at any rate. When the rumours are about old stuff being discontinued I tend to not be quite so zen, since I'm a collector first and foremost. I know there is no rush to collect the new stuff.

43 minutes ago, Blightzkrieg said:

Slaves to Darkness have been three weeks from a tome release since last year, I wouldn't get my hopes up about anything specific until GW puts out a community article.

And to be fair that's been the case for a lot of factions since last year. Skaven, Seraphon, KO, All the Chaos sides etc... Basically everyone is sitting on that fence line (except poor greenskins who fell off and vanished). It's being in the case of when rather than if with the when being within a reasonable amount of time since 2.0; but rather unreasonable if one counts from when AoS launched.

4 minutes ago, Overread said:

And to be fair that's been the case for a lot of factions since last year. Skaven, Seraphon, KO, All the Chaos sides etc... Basically everyone is sitting on that fence line (except poor greenskins who fell off and vanished). It's being in the case of when rather than if with the when being within a reasonable amount of time since 2.0; but rather unreasonable if one counts from when AoS launched.

Jeah. I mean Gutbuster Ogors never had anything since the release of AoS. No new models, no rules rewrites, even no significant points upgrades and adjustments, even though they were really needed. And they did split most of our models into unnecessary sub-factions. For a long time most of our models were even sold on square bases.

I really hope we get a decent battletome and a good upgrade. Maybe also a new Butcher, please? 😄 

Edited by Infeston

5 hours ago, Austin said:

LIKE I AM. 

I wouldn't call that gravestone Tomb Kings aesthetic, unless you're referring to something else?

edit: I've been looking, and I can't find any Tomb Kings art that uses candles... I know this is a bit semantic but I don't think it's a TK faction based on that. I do think that picture is Death related though.

Edited by CommissarRotke

16 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I wouldn't call that gravestone Tomb Kings aesthetic, unless you're referring to something else?

edit: I've been looking, and I can't find any Tomb Kings art that uses candles... I know this is a bit semantic but I don't think it's a TK faction based on that. I do think that picture is Death related though.

Not referring to the picture at all. Talking about where @Thomas Lyons says TK are coming. 

No evidence just a feeling that we're over due for an army consisting of either entirely new models or mostly new models. I think that will be the "Tomb Kings" release though I don't think we'll see any of the old Tomb Kings models besides the old Sphinx kit (just because it was plastic and awesome).