The Rumour Thread

Just now, Sleboda said:

Which is total, complete BS. Make enough product to meet demand. Full stop.

A big problem is that gw is still growing. Earlier this year gw gave a profit warning but profits have actually gone up. Most companies make estimates about production based on past sales. The decisions about production were probably made a year ago. These estimates always err on the cautious side. Better to make to few and sell them all than have extra product filling up warehouses. In GW’s caw the lack of warehouse space is such a problem that they are building new facilities in both the uk and America. Until those new facilities are completed and GW’s sales level out, we will continue to have these shortages. 

• Like 3

I don‘t see any point in this „GW, stock and demand“ discussion.

Things are as they are, no discussion or assumptions that try to reason why the situation is as it is will change anything except add more „best guesses“ which are no information at all.

the only real information could be given by GW which they won‘t. So I‘d suggest to put this „stock and demand“ discussion into a different thread. 🙂

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

+++ MOD HAT +++

Am putting stake in the ground now - no stock discussion regarding the new paint range please.  We don't know the reason or the story so it's just supposition and guesswork and ultimately will result in a massive negative conversation.

Thanks folks

• Thanks 8

1 hour ago, RuneBrush said:

ultimately will result in a massive negative conversation.

That is precisely the point because GW did it. ;-) 

Ok Back to rumors. I hope that now, sunday will tell us what's next for middle of june week-end. It's been a while without a propoer new mini. Maybe the admech transport...

I Think it is taking quite a while for GW to start the news about the GHB like they did last year. Also hope there wont be another fiasco about "Aelves" on the last day AGAIN.

"We saved the best for last! Nothing changed!" was the coldest ice bucket ever. Tho to be honest i expect the same for this year since we still got no BT suport.

1 hour ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

Any rumors about the release time of the GHB 2019? one third of June has been passed.

I heard talk from an off duty gw employee that the trade dispute is really hurting gw's distribution. Apparently a lot of books are being held up beyond sylvaneth, which is making things wonky.

Just now, Acid_Nine said:

I heard talk from an off duty gw employee that the trade dispute is really hurting gw's distribution. Apparently a lot of books are being held up beyond sylvaneth, which is making things wonky.

Oh no. Man Trump is even messing up AoS and 40k. Messing with politics is one thing, but messing with paints and models is another! The madman has to be stopped. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

5 hours ago, alghero81 said:

Reality is that some miniatures will never be released alone

Terrible idea.  All this does is create a divide in the community between those who have the model and those who don't.  Then, you have a second hand market that will charge ridiculous prices for the model, which is unacceptable.  GW needs to release these models separately so that everyone who wants one can have one.

You can't expect discounted boxes to be available forever

True, but what we CAN expect is that during "Pre-Order" week, they'll be available for said "Pre-Order" and not sell out in 3 days.

Returning on topic of Contrast paints, Tom and Vince from Warhammer Weekly mentioned a couple of weeks ago to set the right expectations as it will take the entire month to GW to ship and stock all paints to all distributors (they also mentioned a 3 layers distributors where only the top one would receive them next week). So even if you pre-ordered from a distributor, you are not guaranteed you are going to find them next week on your door step... Just patience I guess, what concerns me is that the Battle Ready tutorial they promised are not here yet, so I can wait to see what they recommend before launching myself in 34 new pots :)

This is delusional and all I see here is buying up the marketing B.S. that GW continues to feed us.  Being sold out of 9 different colored pots in the first day is asinine.  GW really needs to get a grasp on their market.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, the_master288 said:

Terrible idea.  All this does is create a divide in the community between those who have the model and those who don't.  Then, you have a second hand market that will charge ridiculous prices for the model, which is unacceptable.  GW needs to release these models separately so that everyone who wants one can have one.

True, but what we CAN expect is that during "Pre-Order" week, they'll be available for said "Pre-Order" and not sell out in 3 days.

This is delusional and all I see here is buying up the marketing B.S. that GW continues to feed us.  Being sold out of 9 different colored pots in the first day is asinine.  GW really needs to get a grasp on their market.

Wow, such negativity in here, I was not used to it!

Chill out man, those models will eventually be available to everyone (just like the 40k equivalent in the past) ;)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Ghark said:

Wow, such negativity in here, I was not used to it!

Chill out man, those models will eventually be available to everyone (just like the 40k equivalent in the past) ;)

The issue is that right now, we're just putting faith in the fact that GW WILL do something, instead of them showing us that they have.  It's incredibly frustrating to sit here and watch people just accept things as they are.  I'm upset and disappointed as it seems that people are willing to just accept GW and the way they operate, instead of trying to offer reasoning or discontent as to why they need to change their view on the playerbase.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

8 minutes ago, the_master288 said:

The issue is that right now, we're just putting faith in the fact that GW WILL do something, instead of them showing us that they have.  It's incredibly frustrating to sit here and watch people just accept things as they are.  I'm upset and disappointed as it seems that people are willing to just accept GW and the way they operate, instead of trying to offer reasoning or discontent as to why they need to change their view on the playerbase.

Well, not trying to be rude, but I don't think a hobby in any form should ever put you in the state of "upset and disappointment" you're describing. It's a hobby after all right?

Just enjoy the things you currently have in this hobby, the miniatures in the two last box set will be out eventually, trust me. And if the situation you're in is THAT intolerable to you, just convert your model to match the one you want to play. I repeat, it's a hobby ;)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, the_master288 said:

GW is struggling hard with logistics and/or knowing what their customers want.  I am not sure why, but to say they aren't ignores clear evidence.  I don't even know if it is hurting them that much since they continue to make massive profits lately.

I do know that everyone who says the Looncurse fiasco isn't a big deal because of course GW will release the new models separately is totally ignoring that you STILL after three  years cannot buy a Lord-Relictor from the initial starter set.  If you want a mounted Knight of Shrouds- better buy that full box.  Or more recently the Skaven box is a warning sign.

The interesting thing is that 40k boxes with unique models stay in stock much longer so the problems are not mirrored on that side. 

Hopefully the paint becomes available again, but I sort of agree the attitude that "I will be overjoyed with whatever my GW overlords give me when they give it to me" is strange.  You can love the product and think the company is doing much better and ALSO think they are not so hot in some areas.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, the_master288 said:

I think the problem stems that GW used to be worse and that the community tends to always compare them to those days. So while GW doesn't operate in the best consumer-friendly way, people always say that it is better than the dark old days. I feel like we should always have a realistic expectation of any company's ability to do stuff for consumers but still put out criticism where criticism is due. it doesn't help to defend GW by saying "back in my day Army books took 6 years to release" it like "No Duh, if they didn't release thing in a reasonable interval they wouldn't have stayed in business and been sold to Hasbro"

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ghark said:

Well, not trying to be rude, but I don't think a hobby in any form should ever put you in the state of "upset and disappointment" you're describing. It's a hobby after all right?

Just enjoy the things you currently have in this hobby, the miniatures in the two last box set will be out eventually, trust me. And if the situation you're in is THAT intolerable to you, just convert your model to match the one you want to play. I repeat, it's a hobby ;)

I respect this opinion.  The issue stems from that fact that I want everyone to be able to enjoy the hobby, and anything that impedes on that ability, especially when it comes to getting access to models that you need for said hobby, infuriates me.  I also don't like this "sit here and wait" approach, when it's been shown that GW hasn't done what I and members of the community thought they would have done.  We shouldn't have to do a conversion of a model to try and reproduce a model that GW has sold in box sets in the past.  GW should make that model available to everyone.

8 minutes ago, Austin said:

GW is struggling hard with logistics and/or knowing what their customers want.  I am not sure why, but to say they aren't ignores clear evidence.  I don't even know if it is hurting them that much since they continue to make massive profits lately.

I do know that everyone who says the Looncurse fiasco isn't a big deal because of course GW will release the new models separately is totally ignoring that you STILL after three  years cannot buy a Lord-Relictor from the initial starter set.  If you want a mounted Knight of Shrouds- better buy that full box.  Or more recently the Skaven box is a warning sign.

The interesting thing is that 40k boxes with unique models stay in stock much longer so the problems are not mirrored on that side. 

Hopefully the paint becomes available again, but I sort of agree the attitude that "I will be overjoyed with whatever my GW overlords give me when they give it to me" is strange.  You can love the product and think the company is doing much better and ALSO think they are not so hot in some areas.

I agree with you completely.  It seems that the community is under the ASSUMPTION that GW will do something and release the new box models separately at some point.  I don't like sitting here and watching players not be able to get the models they want because they were held hostage to a box set months ago, and have no sign of being released as a separate unit anytime soon.

Your last paragraph outlines exactly what I'm thinking right now.  I just don't understand why members of the community accept this as the norm, and continue to defend GW's practices regarding this.

12 minutes ago, novakai said:

I think the problem stems that GW used to be worse and that the community tends to always compare them to those days. So while GW doesn't operate in the best consumer-friendly way, people always say that it is better than the dark old days. I feel like we should always have a realistic expectation of any company's ability to do stuff for consumers but still put out criticism where criticism is due. it doesn't help to defend GW by saying "back in my day Army books took 6 years to release" it like "No Duh, if they didn't release thing in a reasonable interval they wouldn't have stayed in business and been sold to Hasbro"

Very good points.  I think you are right that members of the community who have been around the GW block are happy that they aren't as "rough around the edges" as they once were, however, we are living in an age where any normal company would be able to get the metrics to back up their production and distribution systems to handle the demand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Acid_Nine said:

How? It sounds a little weird to me, I know that the hard copy battletome is printed in China and the new terrain and endless spell is produced in China. However, GW locates in UK, so shipping from China to UK should not affected. The only possibility I can think of is that GW shipped the US's portion of new slyn book and model directly from China to US. If so.....

Well, we'd better just wait then, gw will finally figure out a way......

33 minutes ago, the_master288 said:

I agree with you completely.  It seems that the community is under the ASSUMPTION that GW will do something and release the new box models separately at some point.  I don't like sitting here and watching players not be able to get the models they want because they were held hostage to a box set months ago, and have no sign of being released as a separate unit anytime soon.

No one is making any assumptions. GW has explicitly told us that the models in Looncurse will be made available individually. I can't recall but they probably said the same about Carrion Empire as well.

• Like 1

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/06/09/coming-soon-the-generals-handbook-2019/?utm_source=YouTube&utm_medium=YouTube&utm_campaign=WHTV&utm_content=WHTVGHB2019InterviewJune9

Good news for the new General's Handbook! Whether it actually comes out on time is another matter...

edit- looks like they are publishing points updates for free as an online download, so we won't have to wait for those! Very handy if the bulk of the book gets delayed by shipping issues.

Edited by overtninja

YouTube video is already out and there’s a digital version of the pitched profiles! 

A bit upsetting that the printed version is outdated as far back as Gloomspite!!! Basically you can almost throw the booklet as soon as you get it but luckily digital is the way to go in future