The Rumour Thread

But surely divining the words on a bit of artwork is rumour - its seeing if GW left us hints as to the future buried within the depths of hidden messages in artwork.

Then again we could end up all going a little mad hunting after such hints. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Skreech Verminking said:

So basically what we’re doing right now😂

In the interests of keeping things semi-current this reminds me - you should go read Inferno 3 - there's a neat skaven story that shows how, crazy those pestilens ratties are!

• LOVE IT! 1

GW seems to have a skaven in their rules team I think. A lot of the terrain we see gives a bonus for keeping a hero back in the deployment zone and basically not moving them forward so that you can get the bonus. The Pernumbral Engine is one such terrain feature, IF you can get it to earn you the command point; if not then its sitting them whirring away giving you a re-roll on saves of a 1; but at the same time its a static terrain feature deployed in your deployment zone; so unless the enemy is alphastriking you in turn one chances are that ability won't be "as much use" since its going to fast be behind the actual battle lines.

So your'e taking it for the gamble of a free command point each turn; but at a sacrifice of the mobility of at least one hero unit from your army. Now granted if you can pair this with the Fane and then a Slaanesh Infernal Enrapturess it might be a good thing. 

They've not mentioned a points cost; kinda hoping it has one as I don't really want every single army ever fielded to want to take one just because you can. 

So - if Nagash is looking for an old ally, I wonder if that is going to narrow down the pool to one of his remaining loyal Mortarchs from the End times.

And considering Luthor Harkon is the lauded Mortarch of the Abyss - and we're getting teases about the thing lying in the bottom of the lake next to that city.... I mean that seems pretty straight-forward, right?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Barbossal said:

So - if Nagash is looking for an old ally, I wonder if that is going to narrow down the pool to one of his remaining loyal Mortarchs from the End times.

And considering Luthor Harkon is the lauded Mortarch of the Abyss - and we're getting teases about the thing lying in the bottom of the lake next to that city.... I mean that seems pretty straight-forward, right?

He'd alao be perfect to revamp Soulblight/ deathrattle/ deadwalkers

• Thanks 1

AoS news of the year, right here!

Forget about Forbidden Power. Consider your Gutbuster rumours busted. Warcry me a river, because...

😲THE HALFLING HOT POT  IS ON MADE TO ORDER NEXT WEEK 😲🍗🍰🍽️🌽🥩😲

GWPreviews-May19-HalflingHotpotMTO21tcw.jpg

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/05/17/forge-world-previews-halflings-and-heroes/

I hope it gets a warscroll!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Man I hope that there is some catch to that Penumbral Engine. Whatever it has  a point value or maybe it replace other faction scenery or  it could be for campaign games only. If not I expect to see these golden globes come in pairs in every single game in the future. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Overread said:

GW seems to have a skaven in their rules team I think. A lot of the terrain we see gives a bonus for keeping a hero back in the deployment zone and basically not moving them forward so that you can get the bonus. The Pernumbral Engine is one such terrain feature, IF you can get it to earn you the command point; if not then its sitting them whirring away giving you a re-roll on saves of a 1; but at the same time its a static terrain feature deployed in your deployment zone; so unless the enemy is alphastriking you in turn one chances are that ability won't be "as much use" since its going to fast be behind the actual battle lines.

So your'e taking it for the gamble of a free command point each turn; but at a sacrifice of the mobility of at least one hero unit from your army. Now granted if you can pair this with the Fane and then a Slaanesh Infernal Enrapturess it might be a good thing. 

They've not mentioned a points cost; kinda hoping it has one as I don't really want every single army ever fielded to want to take one just because you can. 

I mean, it is 12" within the terrain piece, and I assume it can be placed in your territory, so that is a decent place on the battlefield to cover. Perfect for a support character or wizard. It doesn't have to be the hero who is USING the command point. 

Overall, seems solid. Place it near a backfield objective with a wizard and a blocking unit, either keeps them alive or starts giving you command points. My only problem is it is a bit harder to build around with it being random. Would have loved it being able to switch like Cogs or something.

I have a feeling it will be free, which... should be interesting. Otherwise, people would complain that "their" free terrain piece isn't free. I do rather wish they had SOME point values, but hey...  I am intriguied. It does kind of push me back towards my armies without battletomes, see how well I can abuse it, but not to such a degree that I am going to start buying more models. Forbidden Power is already SUPER expensive for what is in it, IMO. I might try my hand at scratchbuilding some of the spells...

10 minutes ago, flamingwalnut said:

I have a feeling it will be free, which... should be interesting. Otherwise, people would complain that "their" free terrain piece isn't free.

I am not following why you would think that.  Why would anything that can optionally be taken by any army to buff themselves be free?  If this were free it would no longer be "optional", it would be basically mandatory for everyone to have it on the table at all times otherwise they just voluntarily gimp themselves.

Edited by Zanzou
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Barbossal said:

Tin foil hat on.

Obviously it could be anything, but after that kraken type thing on the forbidden power art vampire Coast is what my moneys on. Lots of the development work (concept, digital design on the new units, old world lore etc) has already been done for total war. So it would just seem to make business sense to convert that into TableTop. 

7 minutes ago, Zanzou said:

I am not following why you would think that.  Why would anything that can optionally be taken by any army to buff themselves be free?  If this were free it would no longer be "optional", it would be basically mandatory for everyone to have it on the table at all times otherwise they just voluntarily gimp themselves.

You mean like every terrain piece for all the latest armies? The Carnel Throne, the Gnawholes, The Herdstone? No matter if your army can really USE it, all of those terrain pieces are free, but still very much optional. You don't HAVE to take it, but they are free. 

I am not saying I WANT it to be free, I mentioned all of them should have SOME cost to their buffs, but this feels like a free Terrain piece, just for everyone that doesn't have one. Maybe it would replace the Faction terrain piece so people can't have both, but my guess is that it will be free. We shall see soon enough.

• Confused 1

49 minutes ago, flamingwalnut said:

You mean like every terrain piece for all the latest armies? The Carnel Throne, the Gnawholes, The Herdstone? No matter if your army can really USE it, all of those terrain pieces are free, but still very much optional. You don't HAVE to take it, but they are free. 

I am not saying I WANT it to be free, I mentioned all of them should have SOME cost to their buffs, but this feels like a free Terrain piece, just for everyone that doesn't have one. Maybe it would replace the Faction terrain piece so people can't have both, but my guess is that it will be free. We shall see soon enough.

I think those "free" terrain pieces are really just allegiance benefits.  You "pay" in the way of having to stick to that army only, which is the only thing stopping them from being played in every game.  If an any-faction model was free it would sort of break the game because, as said earlier, you would have to be into purposefully gimping yourself to not put it on the table every game.

Edited by Zanzou
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Zanzou said:

I think those "free" terrain pieces are really just allegiance benefits.  You "pay" in the way of having to stick to that army only, which is the only thing stopping them from being played in every game.  If an any-faction model was free it would sort of break the game because, as said earlier, you would have to be into purposefully gimping yourself to not put it on the table every game.

Yes, I believe that this is the case.

Also, remember that "balanced" play is not the only goal of AoS. Narrative play is very important to these developers. They expect that if it doesn't fit the narrative of your game for your army to have erected a herdstone (or whatever) you won't play with one because that's what the story demands.

• Haha 1

The new decors: the more I'm looking at them, the more I'm  doubtful on how I can use them.

Don't take me wrong, they are beautiful. But except the mood & view, what will they add to my table?

What I want in a decor in addition to  mood & view : 2 mainn points.

- LOS blocking : height/large enough to  block the enemy vision

- forbid positionning : make the players move around it., so again, height/large enough.

The new decors are just a little hill. If we put them on a hill or a rock/cliff, I'm afraid that they have a too big footprint and it'd look a bit weird (stairs all around.

The only thing that I'm thinking about is to "finish" the temple à la greek, making a roof/top or something and add some inside walls like the pantheon.

• Like 1

Guys first post in awhile, so hello!  
So, while I am really strong on the World-that-Was lore, I am admittedly weak on AoS lore.  Anyhow is there any suggestions in the current narrative and/or supplement materials on who the "mighty ally" that Nagash is trying to free from the Stromvaults mentioned in that text extract might be? Any thoughts on whether it is some from his former Mortarchs for which we still don't have models for or something completely else? Also, does it tie up with the couple of rumor engine teases with deathly aesthetics in any way?  

9 minutes ago, Sir Grimm said:

Guys first post in awhile, so hello!  
So, while I am really strong on the World-that-Was lore, I am admittedly weak on AoS lore.  Anyhow is there any suggestions in the current narrative and/or supplement materials on who the "mighty ally" that Nagash is trying to free from the Stromvaults mentioned in that text extract might be? Any thoughts on whether it is some from his former Mortarchs for which we still don't have models for or something completely else? Also, does it tie up with the couple of rumor engine teases with deathly aesthetics in any way?  

Settra!😝

(Edit: the lore from forbidden chambers are rather well unknown right now. If I’m not mistaken than we just got a few interesting short story’s telling us how the skaven purposely opened the chamber (definitely on purpose) as for anything else, we’ll i think will be getting more information and maybe a new army, or re-ruled Faction that rises from the pits of  darkness (maybe) in the upcoming weeks, when Sylvaneth hopefully are being officially released)

Edited by Skreech Verminking