The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Does the box seem a little lighter on contents than previous ones? Only two units and the hero for Gloomspite....

I guess it’s probably value rather than unit numbers that determine what goes in there. 

Well the GSG units come in min size of 5 and 6 so you could potentially have 4 units , monetary however it is a bit uneven

it probably goes by wounds since the GSG side is about 50 wounds total  while the Sylvaneth (bar any updates to the Revanants HP) is 25 plus an estimate 6 wounds for the hero would be 31.

Not counting the individual costs of the new hero kits there seems to be about 40 USD difference in value on the two sides (Two kits of Revanents at 37 each and a unit of hunters at 57 brings the Sylvaneth up to about 132, while the GSG are a bounderz kit at 50 and a herd kit at 45 for a grand total of 95). That's a pretty big discount assuming the price is similar to Carrion Empire. 

Edited by CitizenX

11 hours ago, Kaz said:

interesting, because all the Dryads, the Spite Revenant Sarge, the Branchwych and Branchwrajth, Alarielle herself, Ylthari and now this Hero are all girls, 

Then everybody else, including the Treelords are dudes.

Makes sense. 

Wood.

(Gawd, I'm like, 14 or something.)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, DrJekyll325 said:

Working on Ylthari's Guardians this weekends had already got me excited to build some Tree-Revenants, and this just pushes me over the top!

I'm in the same boat. 

I bought into Sylvaneth heavily (2? 3? Battleforces) and got distracted. This is the perfect re-entry.

Fingers crossed for Wanderer reintegration.

Also, hi buddy!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Very cool, although I am surprised the pose isn't very dynamic based on the art reveal yesterday. I think I might have to try to pick this guy up despite not collecting Sylvaneth.

Any guesses what the giant skull is?

I bet it is a squigg!

RE : White dwarf scenery leaks

So, do you think that new scenery range "Dominion Of Sigmar" coming with Forbidden Power (cf. the Chinese shipment orderhttps://spruesandbrews.com/2019/04/23/new-age-of-sigmar-scenery-evidence-spotted/ and that trailer at 00:21 sec https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MyB1a8iWqY  ...) will be revealed Saturday 4th May at the Australian Championship preview seminar ? 

AusChampsWeekend-Apr27-Feature2ujs-320x320.jpg.e05a8e328915a6d4f77ab3069b063e9e.jpg

IMO, Warhammer Fest will have enough stuff to show with 40k, the new paint thing and WARCRY.

As Looncurse, Slaanesh, Underworlds and Fyreslayers are out or on pre-pre order, and as the new range scenery and Forbidden Power are already in White Dwarf, I guess it's gonna be the next announcement... Or something else ???

Edited by HorticulusTGA

1 minute ago, HorticulusTGA said:

It seems to me that Warhammer Fest in two weeks will have enough stuff with 40k, the new paint thing and WARCRY. As Looncurse, Slaanesh, Underworlds and Fyreslayers are out or on pre-pre command, and as the new range scenery and Forbidden Power are already in White Dwarf, I guess it's gonna be the next announcement...

Unlike most previous events, this time they have separate preview seminars for 40K, AoS, and "other" (and another seminar about paints). So they should have enough announcements for a full hour for each.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

21 minutes ago, Raviv said:

Unlike most previous events, this time they have separate preview seminars for 40K, AoS, and "other" (and another seminar about paints). So they should have enough announcements for a full hour for each.

That's pretty exciting (for all game systems) actually.

But still, I don't think they will keep Forbidden power for WHF. Well in fact I hope they show it this week end... I don't see what else could be preview yet for AOS !

We still have six-seven other factions that need battletomes. Could announce Sylvaneth book proper. Updates on the other 1.0 armies with times.Talk more about forbidden power and warcry in detail.

Pull a Blizzard-Activision and announce a long awaited game... for cell phones.

Edited by King Taloren

For now, as the Looncurse gloomspite+sylvaneth has already been anounced, I'm confident that there will be some new Sylvaneth anouncement THIS week: endless spells, eventually decor but essentially battletome 2.0  with several themed armies (revenant armies, trees armies, dryad armies, hunter armies  mix match) like the FEC did (horror army, ghouls army, Dragon/gheist army...). This is the way of the "short number of entries army" in 2.0.

Edited by GeneralZero

I see 6-8 probable Battletomes coming between now and 2020 : 

Sylvaneth ; Kharadron ; Ironjawz (with or without Bonesplitterz ?) ; Disciples of Tzeentch - and of course Slaves to Darkness (Warriors of Chaos + Darkoath + Everchosen). ... Maaaaybe Maggotkin of Nurgle too (but they were created with AOS2 in mind so) - EDIT : and Seraphon of course !

There is 4-5 other "legacy" armies yet in need of an update :

Gutbusters (with or without Beastclaw Riders ?) ;  Freeguild and Co. (College, Ironweld, etc.) ; Dispossessed ; Aelves (with or without Wanderers ?) - I hope Devoted Of Sigmar becomes a proper AOS faction like Gloomspite Gitz or Daughters of Khaine.

And there is 3-6 fluff-rumored armies that could come someday : 

Shadow Aelves (Malerion) ; Light Aelves (Tyrion & Teclis) ; Grotbag Scuttlers ; a new Death army ? ; a new Duardin united / Golem race from Chamon ? And last but not least, a controversial Slaanesh Mortal release.

---

With WARCRY and Forbidden Power coming soon, and probably WH Underworlds Season 3 starting this autumn, there's plenty of things that could be previewed. The last SCE podcasts also hinted that a proper AOS Warhammer Quest was in the work... BRING. IT. ON. :P:D

.... And that's not counting third party boxed games like AOS Munchkin, video games and the AOS RPG by Cubicle7... 

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

What does everyone think of the dominion of sigmar: the eternal stormvault - terrain sets then ?

i quite like the ziggurat and giant stone gryph hound

I’m not entirely convinced they are terrain sets. Or more accurately, I’m not convinced they’re all terrain sets.

The ziggurat is actually what’s throwing me. I mean, it could just be a custom build by the scenery team made out of foambord. It certainly doesn’t look any more complicated than that and if it is a terrain kit then it’s going to need a lot more to it to tempt me. If I’m going to buy scenery, it’s got to be something I couldn’t make for myself at home.

Nothing wrong with the look of any of it, just a bit boring in my opinion.

38 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I see 5-7 probable Battletomes coming between now and 2020 : 

Sylvaneth ; Kharadron ; Ironjawz (with or without Bonesplitterz ?) ; Disciples of Tzeentch - and of course Slaves to Darkness (Warriors of Chaos + Darkoath + Everchosen). ... Maaaaybe Maggotkin of Nurgle too (but they were created with AOS2 in mind so)

There is 4-5 other "legacy" armies yet in need of an update :

Gutbusters (with or without Beastclaw Riders ?) ;  Freeguild and Co. (College, Ironweld, etc.) ; Dispossessed ; Aelves (with or without Wanderers ?) - I hope Devoted Of Sigmar becomes a proper AOS faction like Gloomspite Gitz or Daughters of Khaine.

And there is 3-6 fluff-rumored armies that could come someday : 

Shadow Aelves (Malerion) ; Light Aelves (Tyrion & Teclis) ; Grotbag Scuttlers ; a new Death army ? ; a new Duardin united / Golem race from Chamon ? And last but not least, a controversial Slaanesh Mortal release.

---

With WARCRY and Forbidden Power coming soon, and probably WH Underworlds Season 3 starting this autumn, there's plenty of things that could be previewed. The last SCE podcasts also hinted that a proper AOS Warhammer Quest was in the work... BRING. IT. ON. :P:D

.... And that's not counting third party boxed games like AOS Munchkin, video games and the AOS RPG by Cubicle7... 

When I was looking at the recent releases, I noticed that it seems GW focuses on the armies in general’s handbook. 

Nighthaunt: Technically they had allegiance abilities a LONG time ago

Beasts of chaos: the second,  mostly just Brayherd had an ability

Skaven (Pestilens and Skye’s were in the handbook)

flesh eater courts (only had allegiance abilities in book)

same wih fyreslayers

and now hedonites of Slaanesh, are technically the Hosts of Slaanesh, but rebranded, and they also had allegiance abilities in book

sylvaneth is a bit different having their allegiance stuff in their book, it gives me reason to believe beastclaws and bonesplitterz will get updates eventually, along with Ironjawz and Seraphon, then maybe kharadrons. 

I wonder if the Dispossessed, Darkling covens, wanderers and free people’s will get books similar to Skaven

While armies that never had allegiance abilities (all of high aelves, the gutbusters), might get an eventual Gloomspite release? It’s something I was thinking about.  

The Slaves to darkness upcoming release is likely to have Everchosen, Archaon and all the Darkoath in it, and probably modifies the Slaves to darkness allegiance abilities heavily. 

And I think disciples of Tzeentch and Maggotkin May get updated.

Hellstriders arent Daemon anymore, gives me reason to believe Tzaangors on discs may lose Daemon keyword, same with guys like harbinger of decay, or Pusgoyle Blightlords. 

Furthermore, the locus of all the gods are getting streamlined. All of Khorne Locus got removed for just one Locus, same with Slaanesh. I feel they’ll do the same with Tzeentch and Nurgle, while giving Tzeentch terrain, endless Spells, then give Nurgle endless Spells, and update old models: Epidemius, harbinger of decay, fatemaster, Blue scribes etc. 

so far, the Chaos Daemon stuff makes me think there’ll be a 40k chaos Daemons 2.0 book, with terrain for all 4 gods, and updated models. 

And I wonder for sylvaneth: GW might do a Skaven style terrain, a box of 3 Wyldwoods, that are same size as original Wyldwood, so veteran players can still use their own, but limit the ability to create more, so as to reduce cost of entry? Because the Fyreslayers cost of entry has decreased MASSIVELY (from 120 models in a list to 50!!!!). So I feel GW is focusing on making the armies more accessible to new players. 

Sorry for my ranting, i’ll shaddap now :) 

• Like 2

Just now, WarbossKurgan said:

It didn't exactly. They said they were sure WHQ  would go back to AoS at some point.

Well there is at least two podcasts (or was it in some White dwarf article too ?) talking about a future revamped AOS WHQ. 

So, knowing that GW already have materials and feedbacks (from Silver Tower, Shadow Over Hammerhal and Blackstone Fortress) to work from, and  that the creative process usually takes years (firstly in terms of models designing), it's quite clear they are already working on it - otherwise they wouldn't even mention it.

I think 2020 is a realistic expectation for a release date.

6 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Well there is at least two podcasts (or was it in some White dwarf article too ?) talking about a future revamped AOS WHQ. 

So, knowing that GW already have materials and feedbacks (from Silver Tower, Shadow Over Hammerhal and Blackstone Fortress) to work from, and  that the creative process usually takes years (firstly in terms of models designing), it's quite clear they are already working on it - otherwise they wouldn't even mention it.

I think 2020 is a realistic expectation for a release date.

This is how we get situations where people get uppity about things that never happened.  Pete Foley said on stormcast that Warhammer quest was 40k at the moment, but that he was sure it would come back one day, everything else you've added is conjecture

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BobbyB said:

This is how we get situations where people get uppity about things that never happened.  Pete Foley said on stormcast that Warhammer quest was 40k at the moment, but that he was sure it would come back one day, everything else you've added is conjecture

My only statement is : I think that a new AOS version of WHQ is currently in the work at GW.

Does that idea annoy you ? No need to get all worried about it and to respond harshly, uh ;)

And to be more precise, my statement is based on a few important points : firstly the talk from Pete Foley, yes, but also from Jes Bickham, the whole AOS studio Manager, who also talked about it in the last Stormcast Podcast episode. It makes two GW rep talking about it already : knowing that GW watch carefully the informations and news about future releases (and that they like giving hints), the fact they are allowed to discuss this in a podcast is already meaningful. IIRC there is also a recent White Dwarf article about AOS and WHQ.

Anyway, as I said above, such games design and models development takes months and even years to complete, and they have source materials to work with already, so a new AOS edition for WHQ is surely coming in the future. I'll dare to add that given the current pace of release, it could very well come as soon as 2020, but that's pure conjecture ... :P