Warcry is Killteam/Mordheim... ?

eekamouse

Just now, Still-young said:

There’s 3 of each of the other Grand Alliances present, so order representation is only as limited as death and destruction are. 

I also really like that the warbands aren’t god specific. 

You're not wrong, but relative to the number of playable factions, Order is in more of a squeeze. You can play all of the currently released Death Factions, all of the Destruction factions except Ogors, or a small fraction of available Order factions.

In the long run, I'm sure we'll get more card packs or boxes or however they plan to add additional factions to the game, but out the gate you're going to see the most complaints from Order players.

Just now, madmac said:

You're not wrong, but relative to the number of playable factions, Order is in more of a squeeze. You can play all of the currently released Death Factions, all of the Destruction factions except Ogors, or a small fraction of available Order factions.

In the long run, I'm sure we'll get more card packs or boxes or however they plan to add additional factions to the game, but out the gate you're going to see the most complaints from Order players.

Im happy seeing order players complain. They have more support than any other faction. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Just now, Gwill_of_the_Woods said:

So are we interpreting the release schedule as all of the shown warbands are up for pre-order on Saturday?

It seems like each warband set gets their own rules/cards included. What are we guessing for prices?

I think pre-order day, I'm going to get Core book, Corvus Cabal, and Deepkin cards.

No, just the starter and the Cypher Lords on Saturday (and all the non chaos Warband cards). 

Well it’s a week away from preorder and it’s officially “Kill Team for AoS”. So my wallet started crying during the video, will continue to cry throughout the release schedule, and will still be simpering and weepy when “the next big thing” catches my eye... but I’m already planning to grab all the warbands, battlezones, and cards... being a completionist is such a pain at times 😞

• Haha 2

no one else is mentioning this but we got our first idea of a stat block for warcry. the look of the card for the chieftan looks pretty different from a regular AoS warscroll, and I dig it. Can't wait to see how it's played, and I hope there is more variation for weapons like we saw for the iron golems

Also, I like the single packs of Other warbands being in a booster pack style format. Hope those wont cost too much, maybe like around 10 bucks?

WarCryPreview-Jul14-CardsAccessories7jhce.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

no one else is mentioning this but we got our first idea of a stat block for warcry. the look of the card for the chieftan looks pretty different from a regular AoS warscroll, and I dig it. Can't wait to see how it's played, and I hope there is more variation for weapons like we saw for the iron golems

Also, I like the single packs of Other warbands being in a booster pack style format. Hope those wont cost too much, maybe like around 10 bucks?

WarCryPreview-Jul14-CardsAccessories7jhce.jpg

After all my initial excitement, pragmatism has stepped in. Sure, the starter set looks amazing, and I'm a sucker for terrain. But it'll be interesting to see how popular Warcry is based on the big differences between the AoS warscrolls and these stat cards. After all, AoS has a perfectly serviceable Skirmish ruleset that doesn't require an investment of time and money to learn, unlike 40k, which really did need Kill Team, and unlike Warhammer Quest in the absence of an RPG/adventure system set in AoS.

But I'll be honest, that investment is a turn off. Sure, the models look cool and if they get the Warhammer Quest/Underworlds treatment of AoS warscrolls, I'll buy the occasional war band, but not as Warcry.

There's so much you can do with a game system like AoS. The flexibility of abilities and traits and artefacts makes it completely customisable from small skirmishes to campaigns, that you don't need another game system. This is GW doing what GW does, trying to get more money out of gamers, which I can't fault them doing. It's just a little... unnecessary, when they could put more of that effort into AoS with factions and models, than be distracted with something that could be unplayed in a year or two.

I'm glad there's people here on the forum who are still excited about this, as it won't tank and that's good for GW and the hobby. After all, while GW remain successful our main focus, AoS, will keep going and improving.

Edited by Mcthew

On 7/11/2019 at 1:49 AM, Moldek said:

33797A8F-5A9C-4315-8DA6-2D2C5AFFA065.jpeg

How does this guy...or girl...or whatever hides beneath that cloth, go to the toilet, eat, drink, or do anything else? Seems pretty dependet on others 😅

@Moldek I had a similiar thought, some of the designs remind me of Conan Exiles a lot. Though I`m not a fan of the super grim dark, dark, dark, dark, dark, dark, dark, dark stuff. The hobby triggered me maily visualy and that was, because it was colorful. I can't understand most people's fascination for super dark settings, as to me that seems pretty depressive. Making it gritty and giving it a belivable feel though is something else.

• LOVE IT! 1

31 minutes ago, Mcthew said:

After all my initial excitement, pragmatism has stepped in. Sure, the starter set looks amazing, and I'm a sucker for terrain. But it'll be interesting to see how popular Warcry is based on the big differences between the AoS warscrolls and these stat cards. After all, AoS has a perfectly serviceable Skirmish ruleset that doesn't require an investment of time and money to learn, unlike 40k, which really did need Kill Team, and unlike Warhammer Quest in the absence of an RPG/adventure system set in AoS.

That's definitely an option you can take, but I at least feel that the AoS skirmish rules are extremely lacking. Yes, you can slot in different leader abilities from battletomes and do the same with artifacts and what not, but the game just doesn't offer much in terms of content or anything exciting. AoS works much better as a game played between armies, because that was what it was meant for. Kill Team is a pretty good skirmish rules set because it was specifically designed to work at a small levle.

• Like 3

What I actually hear within the video:

1. Warcry is for AoS, what KT is for 40K
2. SKirmish game with predetermined warbands ( don't like that so much tbh )
3. Campaign system
4. Motion and interaction with the actual map, just like in KT ( what was abandoned with KT:Arnea basically )
5. Fluff
6. Fluff
7. Fluff
8. Bla Bla
9. Fluff
10. Adds on for the background of Chaos
11. starts in "turn 2", already in charge range
12. Takes less than 1h to play a game
13. Narrative Campaign
14. has Monsters

To be honest, I am a little sceptical, if this game will really be the more skill based AoS title, I was wating for.
Hopefully it isn't just like "charge your enemy in turn 1, whoever rolls better wins either way", where there is no movement or strategy necessarry.

Only m yown opinion here, but maybe someone else thinks like this.

12 minutes ago, DinoTitanedition said:

How does this guy...or girl...or whatever hides beneath that cloth, go to the toilet, eat, drink, or do anything else? Seems pretty dependet on others 😅

@Moldek I had a similiar thought, some of the designs remind me of Conan Exiles a lot. Though I`m not a fan of the super grim dark, dark, dark, dark, dark, dark, dark, dark stuff. The hobby triggered me maily visualy and that was, because it was colorful. I can't understand most people's fascination for super dark settings, as to me that seems pretty depressive. Making it gritty and giving it a belivable feel though is something else.

With great difficulty I'd say, but seriously I can really only think of three options as to how it does all that. It's probably in a position of power where it would have slaves or loyal tribesmen/family that would assist with that, it's got a completely different set of prosthetics for everyday use and this is just it's war gear that it get's changed into with the help of slaves/servants or it's far along along the path to glory that it no longer needs to eat, drink, sleep or go to the toilet. I think the later isn't the case though, these warbands don't really look like they're that far along, or if they do have any gifts they're really subtle.