AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

1 hour ago, Eevika said:

So I'm currently building a troggoth army. I have 15 Fellwater troggorths, Gargant and a Hag. I will add a Troggboss and the Troggherd battalion but I was thinking about adding Gordrakk to the army as that would let all my troggoths charge 3d6 instead of 2d6. Whats everyones opinion on this idea?

A list using the Gloomspite Gits allegiance with Gordrakk allied into it wouldn't be legal for matched play as he costs too many points. You could use them together in a Grand Alliance Destruction army though but you would loose the Gloomspite Gits allegiance abilities.

9 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

A list using the Gloomspite Gits allegiance with Gordrakk allied into it wouldn't be legal for matched play as he costs too many points. You could use them together in a Grand Alliance Destruction army though but you would loose the Gloomspite Gits allegiance abilities.

I actually didnt even check how many points gordrakk is is he really over 400

3 hours ago, Eevika said:

So I'm currently building a troggoth army. I have 15 Fellwater troggorths, Gargant and a Hag. I will add a Troggboss and the Troggherd battalion but I was thinking about adding Gordrakk to the army as that would let all my troggoths charge 3d6 instead of 2d6. Whats everyones opinion on this idea?

If you add gordrakk you’d have to play as GA Destruction and then you’d have no battleline. 

9 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

I just hope they learned their lessons from BoC. There sure were some....interesting design choices made there (I'm looking at you Beastlord Command!)

What was the problem with the beast lord command? I run one and he is a solid hero. He's really really good in gavespawn, since you can give him the unique artifact and he can pretty reliably one phase kill most heroes and trigger reroll failed hits and wounds. Sure, it can be situational, but it's a powerful buff to breyherd. Plus in gavespawn when he dies you get a spawn on anything but a one.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

What was the problem with the beast lord command? I run one and he is a solid hero. He's really really good in gavespawn, since you can give him the unique artifact and he can pretty reliably one phase kill most heroes and trigger reroll failed hits and wounds. Sure, it can be situational, but it's a powerful buff to breyherd. Plus in gavespawn when he dies you get a spawn on anything but a one.

The command ability isn’t bad at all. The problem it just has, is that it has to be activated after the beastlord attacked somebody, meaning that the unit you wanted to buff with the command ability will recklessly be slaughtered befor they get a chance to attack.

(then again with a small bit of cunning and meathsields, you can easily avoid getting your heavy hitters slaughtered)

17 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

What do you guys think the tome will have for gargant? Just a keyword or actually some synergy??

Would be cool. I still have a box of two Gargants which need to be build. 

My idea was removing the top of head of one of the Gargants and maybe use the top of the endless spell mushroom (if it isn't to big) like a hat in the same way the Fungoid-Cave Shaman is designed. And after that maybe put spare bits (mushrooms) from  all the other Gloomspite boxes all over the gargant so that I have a Fungoid-Gargant conversion.

But I still don't know if the endless spell mushroom might be too big or maybe look a bit odd on top of the head of a gargant.

Edit: By the way. New preview is up: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/01/04/4th-jan-gloomspite-gitz-preview-3-warscrollsgw-homepage-post-1/ 

It seems like the white Dankhold Troggoth is the Dankhold Trogboss:

AoSGloomspiteUnits-Jan4-TroggbossWarscroll52tvrh.jpg

It also sounds like both the Trogboss and the normal Dankhold Troggoths are hero units.

Edited by Infeston
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Infeston said:

My idea was removing the top of head of one of the Gargants and maybe use the top of the endless spell mushroom (if it isn't to big) like a hat in the same way the Fungoid-Cave Shaman is designed. And after that maybe put spare bits (mushrooms) from  all the other Gloomspite boxes all over the gargant so that I have a Fungoid-Gargant conversion.

But I still don't know if the endless spell mushroom might be too big or maybe look a bit odd on top of the head of a gargant.

Worth knowing about these bad boys

https://bitsofwar.com/home/98-mushrooms-.html

https://bitsofwar.com/home/971-goblin-forest-mushrooms.html

https://bitsofwar.com/home/953-goblin-forest-toadstools.html

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

But it is just so odd to have such a strange command.

Not even Khorne Mortals or DoK have such a trigger condition. Heck even the Doombull (who are far more brawn than brain) just goes "so yea fight harder my bull bros even if I haven't hurt anyone yet". The Beastlord's command feels far too much fluff vs gameplay.

I'm not saying everyone should have boring "+1 wound" or "+1 attack" command abilities. but I just felt the Beastlord's command was a bit too unique.

3 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

The command ability isn’t bad at all. The problem it just has, is that it has to be activated after the beastlord attacked somebody, meaning that the unit you wanted to buff with the command ability will recklessly be slaughtered befor they get a chance to attack.

(then again with a small bit of cunning and meathsields, you can easily avoid getting your heavy hitters slaughtered)

10 bestigor without the buff (using 4+/3+) do exactly the same expected damage as 5 bestigor with the buff (using the 3+/3+ is very close to the same as well).

Rerolling failed hits and wounds is a very very powerful ability, and it gives it to all brayherd units in a 36 inch bubble around the beast lord. 

It's very powerful, but situational. It also gets better the more and more units you are charging.

So if you charge your bestigor and beast lord in you might not want to risk it (that said, you are also talking about a dead enemy hero here which really isn't nothing), but if you are charging two bestigor units alongside the best lord then even if they wipe out one with their first activation, the second strikes at double effectiveness.  

I really like that there are powerful abilities that have potential downsides. 

• Like 3

looking at the Boingrot Bounderz warscroll and I was wondering something about their movement (2D6)

Just thinking about unit cohesion, I'm assuming with units like this you roll once each turn for the whole unit not for each individual model (hilarious as that could be)?

• Haha 1

The Biongrot Bounderz Boing! Smash! Ability is stupid good. It's basically the Gaunt Summoner's horde unit killing spell, but on a cavalry unit. Essentially it wipes out 50 percent of any unit of 1 would models. 

I get them doing D3 wounds on a charge, but crashing into a unit of 30 Plaguebearers, Witchelves, or Bestigors and killing half of them is ridiculous.  It's so good I almost feel they failed to playtest it and it's bound to get nerfed after a year of abuse. Unless the unit is incredibly expensive.

39 minutes ago, Infeston said:

Edit: By the way. New preview is up: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/01/04/4th-jan-gloomspite-gitz-preview-3-warscrollsgw-homepage-post-1/ 

It seems like the white Dankhold Troggoth is the Dankhold Trogboss:

AoSGloomspiteUnits-Jan4-TroggbossWarscroll52tvrh.jpg

It also sounds like both the Trogboss and the normal Dankhold Troggoths are hero units.

Oh god this is just Orgasmic. He's literally everything I want in a hero!

One important thing to note, if Molog is a Dankhold Troggoth Hero then you can use this ability on him. The lack of the Monster Keyword is so massive it's unreal, I just hope they remove it from the Hag as well.

For the first time ever the Beastcaller's Bones just became good, you have a fantastic combat hero who isn't a Monster that can realistically kill monsters.