Oddly enough the Executioners' special ability (severing strike) has been nerfed: it only inflicts 1 mortal wound per 6 to-hit (instead of 2 MW before) and the attack sequence ends.

Meanwhile the Freeguild Greatswords gained a similar ability which not only inflicts 1 mortal wound per 6 to-hit, but also doesn't end the attack sequence. Not to mention that Greatswords have -1 rend and now hit on a 3+ (2+ with a hero nearby).

So aelf Executioners are now less skilled than human Greatswords in slaying enemies? Color me surprised. o.O

• Like 1

Phoenix Guard Annointed on foot is still a thing, presumably the one you build from the Phoenix kit. Speaking of the Phoenix,They're both on a base 4+ Save now, mostly the same otherwise, but Wake of Fire changed from a die roll to on a 2+ does a flat amount of damage. 5 guaranteed mortal wounds at full health dropping on per health tier.

Black Ark Fleetmaster sadly, seems like a side-wise buff at best. Sea Dragon Cloak is buffed, command ability is...different. Corsairs also still fishing for fives, the poor dears. Only real upgrade is to the cloak and their +1 to hit working as long as they have 15 and not being melee only. Really makes that new SC box a lot less appealing.

Edit: Honestly Dreadswords are flatly superior to Corsairs. I'm not sure what the Pirates did, I guess somebody likes them being a huge hoard of natures weakest aelves.

Edited by madmac

2 minutes ago, Forrix said:

Looks like the dwarf rumors were wrong :(... Can anyone read the Hammerers warscroll? It won't download for me.

Yeah, no 2W dwarfs, shame. Also longbeards now have to choose between axe and shield, or two handed axe - no 2H axe and shield combo any more.

Link for hammerers on NZ site is broken (just points to unit itself) - using same pattern as other units, this is the hammerers warscroll.

Screenshot_2019-09-28 aos_hammerers_eng pdf.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, The Golem said:

Oddly enough the Executioners' special ability (severing strike) has been nerfed: it only inflicts 1 mortal wound per 6 to-hit (instead of 2 MW before) and the attack sequence ends.

Meanwhile the Freeguild Greatswords gained a similar ability which not only inflicts 1 mortal wound per 6 to-hit, but also doesn't end the attack sequence. Not to mention that Greatswords have -1 rend and now hit on a 3+ (2+ with a hero nearby).

So aelf Executioners are now less skilled than human Greatswords in slaying enemies? Color me surprised. o.O

That surprised me as well- as far as I can tell executioners look much worse than greatswords now? Perhaps points or other buffs will make sense of that.

Most of the darkling infantry looks to be a bit weaker now (no charge or save rerolls, fewer bravery buffs and hitting in 4+ for bleak swords). Meanwhile Phoenix guard have been buffed, and eternal guard look a fair bit stronger as well. 

33 minutes ago, madmac said:

Corsairs also still fishing for fives, the poor dears. Only real upgrade is to the cloak and their +1 to hit working as long as they have 15 and not being melee only. Really makes that new SC box a lot less appealing.

Edit: Honestly Dreadswords are flatly superior to Corsairs. I'm not sure what the Pirates did, I guess somebody likes them being a huge hoard of natures weakest aelves.

That sucks; they're a natural choice based on my City's fluff. I'm still going to field them but maybe not in the numbers I'd previously planned.

hmm, I think I still would need a book before I start really thinking about this. The elves just seem... i dunno, pretty lackluster? am I the only one who thinks the dreadlord isn't that good for what he does? 

also good lord the amount of mortal wounds... i wasn't a believer in MW creep but now I think I am

2 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

hmm, I think I still would need a book before I start really thinking about this. The elves just seem... i dunno, pretty lackluster? am I the only one who thinks the dreadlord isn't that good for what he does? 

also good lord the amount of mortal wounds... i wasn't a believer in MW creep but now I think I am

High Aelf/Wanderer changes look really good almost across the board, oddly it seems the Dark Aelves and Dispossessed didn't make out as well overall. Ironbreakers for example picked up + 1 save, but lost their spell immunity, their rend protection, their shield wall re-rolls...streamlining is one thing, but they're arguably just weaker model for model than they were before.

We'll see tomorrow if something is missing from the puzzle, there may be subfaction bonuses or whatever that fills in some of the gaps.

13 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

I think the darkshard look amazing. Combine with run and charge from the sorc and potantially auto run six, they have so much reach. Can put 10 wounds on a hero just about anywhere on the table. More would if they arnt getting look outsir. 

49 minutes ago, Azamar said:

eternal guard look a fair bit stronger as well. 

They have  4+ save base according to the new scroll, so 2 up in cover if they haven't moved - put mystic shield on to re-roll ones.  This maybe a printing mistake, though.   So much depends on the new points values for all units.  RIP Waywatcher.