AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

So just to check we’re all allying in a Loreseeker right?

170 points was good for objective control before all the 3.0 changes which:

* Gives him a self heal and Finest Hour through Heoric Abilities

* Counts as 2 models for scoring (or 5 with metamorphisis)

* Benefits from new arcane bolt

* Changes to VP scoring make it beneficial to hold more objectives than your opponent.

Great lad

• Like 1

I just realised but vindictors don't have the "reroll1 for save rolls" ability from the stormcast shields.

It's fine since they got native 3+ armor save but i fear rules such as this one might disapear for units like: sequitors, liberators, dracoth, lord celestant...etc due to the easy access to +1 to save.

It might stay to give some relevance to these units but reroll become really strong with the core rule changes.

What do you guys think? Should we expect some drastic nerf or change?

Edited by jeanfluflu

2 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Im expecting them to change all Shields to give +1 to save characteristic

Dracoths and Stardrakes at 2+ would be dope

would seem logical to me that units getting reroll1 to saves (just like the old mystic shield used to do) would get a +1 to save instead (to conform to new mystic shield).

If all new battletome have access to cheap MW like they seem to get into this would not be too much of a problem

8 minutes ago, Colgado said:

Sequitors at a 3+ are looking good if that change happens. They'll still get to reroll saves in combat, and can get to a 2+ pretty easily.

could be a real problem for some armies that don't have access to high rend or MW easily though, that's why i think it will depend on the rest of the META shifting to more MW or not.

Knights Excelsior seems more appealing with the limit on 1 command per phase. Being able to buff a unit with reroll wound1 in the hero phase (for both shooting & melee attacks) then use other commands like All Out Attack in Shooting/Combat is nifty. It also lasts until your next hero phase, so it would work on Unleash Hell.

• Like 1

I think SCE as well as Orruk Warclans are basically prone to change within another month or so. So expect more changes to the old stuff that will probably put everything in the right context.

Right now I like Sequitors and Liberators better than the new guys (rulewise, modelwise I don’t want to play the old bodybuilders) but I‘m pretty sure that will change soon.

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

Knights Excelsior seems more appealing with the limit on 1 command per phase. Being able to buff a unit with reroll wound1 in the hero phase (for both shooting & melee attacks) then use other commands like All Out Attack in Shooting/Combat is nifty. It also lasts until your next hero phase, so it would work on Unleash Hell.

with the upcoming boost to monsters the appeal to play astral templar is huge as well!

Do we know yet if the new SCE models represent a newly opened chamber or just new units within the existing chambers? So the new spear guys (Vindicators) could be say Redeemer Conclave guys with new armor or the Redeemer Conclave specific to, idk, Devastation Chamber?

edit: please tag me if someone replies to this. This board is moving too quick with the new edition info so I have trouble scrolling through multiple pages trying to find answers to queries. 

Edited by Lior'Lec
Edit

20 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

Oh great, they made total commitment again, yay...

image.png.ca0305dd91baf394179c55f12b21cf41.png

Really hate this kind of battle plan, it totally shutting down one faction allegiance ability. Shouldn’t battle plan supposed to be balance and effect equally to all faction?

• Like 2

I think there are a lot more armies in the game other than Stormcast who also use reserves.  Gravesites, Legion of Night and Kastelai all have natural reserves built in. 
It’s a really smart play or why wouldn’t everybody just take the Imperatus and max Annihilators?  It’s to stop the spammy nonsense and I’m all for it.  If your army absolutely needs some movement try on the soul scream bridge or maybe Lauchon.  My list is 20 Sequitors, 10 Evocators, all the endless spells, and 4-5 characters and I’ll have to find a way to make it work.  Or play the gamble and take that loss while trying to win a bit short handed.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Andalf said:

It’s a really smart play or why wouldn’t everybody just take the Imperatus and max Annihilators?

If you think people are going to be maxing Annihilators... well then I completely understand why you think it's a good battle plan. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Souleater said:

Forgive my question but what do you mean by a lack of SCE inequitability?

Are they getting poorer rules to make up for their wider range of models?

That is my theory, yes. Most armies have small model ranges, Stormcast are the largest Order faction and they pay for having those choices with worse rules and limited Battleline options - if Stormcast didn’t have 50+ models to choose from we would have had ‘Battleline If’ Dracothian Guard, I firmly believe we don’t purely because of how much choice Stormcast have

18 minutes ago, SentinelGuy said:

Cities of Sigmar also makes use of reserves.

As for model variety - exactly how many crossbow armed Stormcast units does the faction really need? 

Stormcast with crossbows

Stormcast with crossbow pistols

Stormcast with grenade launcher crossbows

Stormcast with heavy Bolter crossbows

Stormcast with sniper crossbows

Stormcast with giant crossbow

i think that leaves Stormcast with plasma crossbows, flamer crossbows, spears with crossbows attached to them, digital crossbows and then variant ‘patterns’ of all of these.

Edit: Maybe shields with built-in crossbows.

Edited by Starfyre
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

28 minutes ago, Starfyre said:

Stormcast with crossbows

Stormcast with crossbow pistols

Stormcast with grenade launcher crossbows

Stormcast with heavy Bolter crossbows

Stormcast with sniper crossbows

Stormcast with giant crossbow

i think that leaves Stormcast with plasma crossbows, flamer crossbows, spears with crossbows attached to them, digital crossbows and then variant ‘patterns’ of all of these.

Edit: Maybe shields with built-in crossbows.

I'd actually be down for guardian spear-bows and shield-bows though 👀

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lior'Lec said:

Do we know yet if the new SCE models represent a newly opened chamber or just new units within the existing chambers? So the new spear guys (Vindicators) could be say Redeemer Conclave guys with new armor or the Redeemer Conclave specific to, idk, Devastation Chamber?

edit: please tag me if someone replies to this. This board is moving too quick with the new edition info so I have trouble scrolling through multiple pages trying to find answers to queries. 

The new models represent a different kind of armor, but not a new chamber. In fact, it looks like each of the existing chambers is getting at least one model with the new style armor.

Anvils of the Heldenhammer

Warlord Battalion
450 Drakesworn Templar
-General, Command Trait: Deathly Aura
-Artefact: Arcane Tome
-Spell: Azyrite Halo
110 Azyros (Artefact: Soulthief)
120 Veritant (Prayer: Translocation)
450 15x Judicator

Vanguard Battalion
130 Castellant
95 5x Liberator
95 5x Liberator

Vanguard Battalion
130 Incantor (Spell: Celestial Blades)
410 4x Desolator

1990/2000

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Anvils of the Heldenhammer

Warlord Battalion
450 Drakesworn Templar
-General, Command Trait: Deathly Aura
-Artefact: Arcane Tome
-Spell: Azyrite Halo
110 Azyros (Artefact: Soulthief)
120 Veritant (Prayer: Translocation)
450 15x Judicator

Vanguard Battalion
130 Castellant
95 5x Liberator
95 5x Liberator

Vanguard Battalion
130 Incantor (Spell: Celestial Blades)
410 4x Desolator

1990/2000

Cool stuff, it would be great to use the judicators again. Do you expect a change in the warscroll for desolators or do you think they are worth it even without the extra bonus attack for 6+ models?