AoS 2 - Sylvaneth Discussion

Chris Tomlin

1 hour ago, maitremage said:

Concerning Alarielle, I think the only nerf is that she will not knowthe whole lore : in the new Morathi’s warscroll, thé fact that she knows all spells is mentionned.

Or it is a GW’s mistake but I don’t think so. But the rest of the warscroll is, I think, better so it’s not a big deal ;)

In the new books warscrolls like hers don't have that line of text on the warscroll, instead its in the spells section in the tome.

1 hour ago, maitremage said:

Concerning Alarielle, I think the only nerf is that she will not knowthe whole lore : in the new Morathi’s warscroll, thé fact that she knows all spells is mentionned.

Or it is a GW’s mistake but I don’t think so. But the rest of the warscroll is, I think, better so it’s not a big deal ;)

I'm not sure she has 3 casts tbh but could be and still no + to cast right?

Not having all spells is odd since she's the goddess herself. It would be even more strange if warsong still has that ability.. so I fear for her too.

Do we know a points value already.. because saying if she;'s nerved is not really possible without that.

30 minutes ago, pixieproxy said:

In the new books warscrolls like hers don't have that line of text on the warscroll, instead its in the spells section in the tome.

But in Morathi’s warscroll that leaked, there is that line on the warscroll. So it would be strange if it was not the case concerning Alarielle 

On 5/11/2022 at 3:38 PM, Arzalyn said:

Roused to wrath appear as a ability, maybe the branchwraith will loose it as a spell and get the same ability.

I think I read somewhere on GTA that Lady of Vines has Branchwraith as a keyword, and thus speculation that the actual Branchwraith is being removed (think she's the only Sylvaneth resin model) 

Someone mentioned above that Branchwraith is gone from a summoning table which would fit if she is being retired.

Edited by EntMan

The potential drop from 3 to 2 casts and loss of knowing all lore spells could justify a point drop, or at least mitigate a price hike bc of her vastly improved melee output and much larger (and more valuable) summoning table. 

Regardless, knowing all the spells isnt as big of a deal to me. She is always going to cast Mystic shield and Metapmorphisis. 

I cast throne of vines quite often with her, and then used the buff to cast to cast many of the other spells. Still worried she may die too fast for her points but we'll see if she can get a ward somewhere else in the book and what her points are.

I'm excited. At.minimum another chance to fix thei main problems with the book as a whole, which is the reliance on wildwoods while simulateously them being very finicky to summon

• Like 1

18 hours ago, EntMan said:

I think I read somewhere on GTA that Lady of Vines has Branchwraith as a keyword, and thus speculation that the actual Branchwraith is being removed (think she's the only Sylvaneth resin model) 

Someone mentioned above that Branchwraith is gone from a summoning table which would fit if she is being retired.

Well she isn't in the current Alarielle warscroll summoning table either, so is not like they removed her as option. Also, it would be really strange to give Branchwraith as a keyword to a model and proceed to delete the  exactly model its named after. GW don't remove models since the Cities of Sigmar book release, I doubt they will start doing it again if they can avoid it.

• Like 1

It's already a little weird that they repurposed the original OW Drycha sculpt as a generic hero while upgrading the character to an amazing arboreal mecha. I can't remember any other instances of something like that in AOS. 

And it's also a little peculiar that the box for the Arch-Revenant says 'Druanti the Arch-Revenant' as if she were a named character. 

Btw: can somebody recommend a feasible alternative to GW Wyldwoods? They are nice trees, but awfully expensive...

3 hours ago, Maogrim said:

It's already a little weird that they repurposed the original OW Drycha sculpt as a generic hero while upgrading the character to an amazing arboreal mecha. I can't remember any other instances of something like that in AOS. 

And it's also a little peculiar that the box for the Arch-Revenant says 'Druanti the Arch-Revenant' as if she were a named character. 

Btw: can somebody recommend a feasible alternative to GW Wyldwoods? They are nice trees, but awfully expensive...

The Arch-Revenant came as one of those extra malign portents heroes, which is why she is boxed as a named character, I think the Fungoid Cave Shaman is the same. Maybe that will change as they get removed for 3rd.

Pretty sure Lady of Vines is just a super juiced branchwraith, hence why she has that key word.

Release date wise, I think we also see the battlebox in the first couple of weeks of June or it will wait till mid July, after Horus Heresy. Book will follow 6 weeks later as we've seen for the last few boxes.

On 5/16/2022 at 6:32 AM, Nixon said:

Well I hope not, since im not really planning on getting a Skaven army. But we will just have to wait and see. 
Im sure they will realse the model at some point.

How long do we think it will take for them to come out? The Thrallmaster still isn’t released and I’m not sure how long they usually take. 

1 hour ago, Philvaneth said:

How long do we think it will take for them to come out? The Thrallmaster still isn’t released and I’m not sure how long they usually take. 

It generally take a couple of months for them to be released separately. If I'm not mistaken, around 6 months. I wonder if the Lady been much larger model and a named character maybe she will be released alongside the other kits. After all we will be getting just to other kits other than her (as the Ridders are just different assemble options of the same kit).

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Philvaneth said:

Anywhere from 6 months (Arch Revenant) to 3 years (Nighthaunt soul wars guys). The price of Echoes is very reasonable even just for the Sylvaneth half. (somewhere approaching $240 USD in sylvaneth value alone). If you want to field LoV competitively I would def get it. Otherwise you will be paying ebay scalper prices or waiting a loooooong time.

On 5/14/2022 at 8:25 PM, Frowny said:

I cast throne of vines quite often with her, and then used the buff to cast to cast many of the other spells. Still worried she may die too fast for her points but we'll see if she can get a ward somewhere else in the book and what her points are.

I'm excited. At.minimum another chance to fix thei main problems with the book as a whole, which is the reliance on wildwoods while simulateously them being very finicky to summon

I do the same, but if she is truly a 2 caster, then Thrones is no longer worth it. Because you would be burning a cast to just buff a single cast. (she is always going to be moving, since she can retreat and charge)

On 5/15/2022 at 1:28 AM, Maogrim said:

This is the age-old question. Short answer: No. A lot of us still use the old Citadel wood model, though I'm not sure that is technically legal anymore. 

Keep in mind that in the current book, you only have to place a single piece of the Awakened Wyldwood kit. Meaning a single kit would give you 3 placements. It just wouldn't be ideal bc they would be small and wouldn't block LOS. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/15/2022 at 1:28 AM, Maogrim said:

I build my own, using 3D-printed bases I picked up off eBay. I do love me a good terrain build, and the Wyldwoods are a perfect excuse to churn them out.

On 5/17/2022 at 10:53 AM, Philvaneth said:

Dunno, the last newish skaven model that was released via a vs. Boxset took about 8-12 month

2 hours ago, Arnied3 said:

Been a while off the site but delighted to see all the hype in here since the announcement. Wasn't expecting a book and the new models look great. 

In a related matter anyone want some skaven ;) 

Depends on the price

1 hour ago, Kramig said:

I have been waiting for kurnoth battleline since first battletome :D

So have I, but to be honest if they're all as bad as the Greatbow option then it might be a cursed wish. Hopefully the melee variants stay at least as effective as they have been (and hopefully get improved). 

• Like 2