AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

12 minutes ago, LLV said:

Think khorne came first at NOVA not second

63D9070F-B7E7-4CB6-B35A-91D009DE4A0C.png.4db3ec99fab2bc6f467e02983e641ea3.png

Yes my bad. I didn’t switch the app to say overall, it was ordered by points so showed the nagash list first. List looks like a lot of fun to play though!

Edited by PUFNSTUF

Interesting that the Council/Bloodhunt list made it into the #1 spot. Congrats to David for the win, I wonder how the list functions on the tabletop. I know there are likely reasons for the artifact choices as well as the actual Thirster choice. From a rookie perspective i am wondering how the list functions given the objective based game we have. 

I would be interested in any insight anyone could provide...

• Like 1

I need some help with certain abilites:

Skullreapers

Murderous to the Last, does self damage from the Demonforged Weapons that kills one the models trigger this ability deal damage to this unit?

Frenzied Attacks, can I re-roll hit rolls of 1 for the Vicious Mutation when the Leader has a Daemonblade equipped?

Khorgoraths

Taker of Heads, can I heal a wound from past turns or shooting phase or I am only able to heal a wound that has been inflicted in this combat phase? And I am able to heal when I kill a model first and then get wounded afterwards?

Also I want to play with a Daemon Prince (Khorne marked and with axe) as my general in the next game. What would be the best combination of trait and artefact when I want to maximise damage? Immense Power as trait seems to be really good as the DP has two weapons, but I also would like to buff the hit rolls with something like Slaughterborn. When I take Slaughterborn I could use Deathdealer as artefact but that only applies to one weapon.

Your help is appreciated?

Edited by JetBlackSVW

5 minutes ago, JetBlackSVW said:

I need some help with certain abilites:

Skullreapers

Murderous to the Last, does self damage from the Demonforged Weapons that kills one the models trigger this ability deal damage to this unit?

Frenzied Attacks, can I re-roll hit rolls of 1 for the Vicious Mutation when the Leader has a Daemonblade equipped?

Khorgoraths

Taker of Heads, can I heal a wound from past turns or shooting phase or I am only able to heal a wound that has been inflicted in this combat phase? And I am able to heal when I kill a model first and then get wounded afterwards?

Also I want to play with a Daemon Prince (Khorne marked and with axe) as my general in the next game. What would be the best combination of trait and artefact when I want to maximise damage? Immense Power as trait seems to be really good as the DP has two weapons, but I also would like to buff the hit rolls with something like Slaughterborn. When I take Slaughterborn I could use Deathdealer as artefact but that only applies to one weapon.

Your help is appreciated?

yes as it states whenever they are slain, so as written you will pop for mortal wounds regardless. Now the thing to note is that it does say the attacking unit....so that would mean you hit yourself (ruthless little buggers aint they) so be careful when you are picking combats....though TBH once the reapers get rolling they arent going to be killing themselves much as i always whip them just for this reason.

yes you can reroll as it doesnt specify what weapon...just that the model gets the rerolls, though most put the 2-hander on the champ...but i can see this having merit.....hmmmmm

you can heal past wounds no problem...they only specifier is that you heal the wound in the combat phase after he kills someone, it a sequencing thing...

Also I want to play with a Daemon Prince (Khorne marked and with axe) as my general......

Crimson crown is nice....command trait is to taste....this you will have to play around with

hope this helps!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, LLV said:

Think khorne came first at NOVA not second

63D9070F-B7E7-4CB6-B35A-91D009DE4A0C.png.4db3ec99fab2bc6f467e02983e641ea3.png

First over all, second on battlepoints. Eg, overall is a combination of battle, paint, and I believe sportsman score. Bp is straight on the table skill. So the thirsted list did lose to I believe the top nagash list

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Oreaper84 said:

Interesting that the Council/Bloodhunt list made it into the #1 spot. Congrats to David for the win, I wonder how the list functions on the tabletop. I know there are likely reasons for the artifact choices as well as the actual Thirster choice. From a rookie perspective i am wondering how the list functions given the objective based game we have. 

I don't know if NOVA allowed realm artifacts, if so one or two of the artifacts chosen could probably be improved by taking a realm one. For play, you get some out of movement phase movement, and I'd assume keep the thirsters within 8" of the one that gives a charge after run. 4 Free command abilities every turn is strong, with out of activation attacks too which could generate more killing models and units. If an enemy is bunched you could chain down a line pretty easily. I could see it falling apart if you lose a double turn and some thirsters getting focused, but its still a lot of wounds to chew through.

18 hours ago, Oreaper84 said:

I think Blood Hunt is one of the hidden gems that is still around in the book. By large because Flesh Hounds are that good and speeding up the whole army is a very effective way to still win, especially for those points. In addition to that Karanak pays for itself so the swarm of Flesh Hounds simply said should do work.

There are some additional things there too however, as it was a Nova evenet but not technically fully GW supported. David's army has Flesh Hounds that arn't GW Flesh Hounds for example that are on 40mm bases. This doesn't make the feat less good but it is still a small advantage, at least when we're talking of a minimum of 5 units of Flesh Hounds appearing.

Other than that, he played well and opponents likely didn't know what to expect since 3+ Bloodthister lists havn't been played since forever and especially not with this mix of many Flesh Hounds, who wern't Battleline then.  In terms of Objective based games, what would you like to know? I mean we have 3 Bloodthirsters with Artefacts, a lot of Battleline units and mad fun. 

All in all the list is mad fun and while likely not talked about too much Blood Hunt is likely the Battalion that took over Murderhosts role if you want a speedy Khorne army. Flesh Hounds continue to be very well positioned in this Magic heavier edition. 

13 hours ago, stratigo said:

First over all, second on battlepoints. Eg, overall is a combination of battle, paint, and I believe sportsman score. Bp is straight on the table skill. So the thirsted list did lose to I believe the top nagash list

Correct, luckily painting and such matters aswell. It seems like a really cool army!

Image may contain: shoes

Cheers,

Edited by Killax

2 hours ago, TheOtherJosh said:

As a side note, those look to be 50mm bases, which is the current Flesh abound standard. 

Hopefully the Wrath and Rapture set will give us plastic flesh hounds ...

That would be something I've been wanting for a long time

that and a way to get a new khorgorath model.