Kragnos discussion

Hypno

39 minutes ago, Cchalmers said:

It's heartbreaking to use that list without a battalion to get gruesome trophy rack 🥺

I'm looking forward to having a play with it once I've stopped doing tourney prep

It is difficult to put Kragnos, I try to cut points in many places and in the end it cannot be everything, I made a modification based on your advice

Allegiance: Ogor Mawtribes
- Mawtribe: Underguts
Tyrant (160)
- General
- Artefact: Gruesome Trophy Rack
- Big Name: Fateseeker
Firebelly (120)
- Artefact: Gnoblar Blast Keg
- Lore of the Sun-Eater: Tongues of Flame
4 x Leadbelchers (160)
4 x Leadbelchers (160)
4 x Leadbelchers (160)
Ironblaster (120)
Ironblaster (120)
Ironblaster (120)
Tyrant's Gutguard (120)

Total: 1240 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 90

2 hours ago, Iamanbo said:

It is difficult to put Kragnos, I try to cut points in many places and in the end it cannot be everything, I made a modification based on your advice

Allegiance: Ogor Mawtribes
- Mawtribe: Underguts
Tyrant (160)
- General
- Artefact: Gruesome Trophy Rack
- Big Name: Fateseeker
Firebelly (120)
- Artefact: Gnoblar Blast Keg
- Lore of the Sun-Eater: Tongues of Flame
4 x Leadbelchers (160)
4 x Leadbelchers (160)
4 x Leadbelchers (160)
Ironblaster (120)
Ironblaster (120)
Ironblaster (120)
Tyrant's Gutguard (120)

Total: 1240 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 90

That looks like it could be pretty brutal tbf mate. You should have a good chance to clear a lot of screens with that, leaving room for Kragnos to go and get the job done. 

If I didn't already have far too many Ogor models to play with, I'd look at making this list work! 

• Like 1

On 6/2/2021 at 12:04 PM, Cchalmers said:

That looks like it could be pretty brutal tbf mate. You should have a good chance to clear a lot of screens with that, leaving room for Kragnos to go and get the job done. 

If I didn't already have far too many Ogor models to play with, I'd look at making this list work! 

The idea of having to use even more points of an army to clear screens so an already 760 point model has a chance of charging makes Kragnos seem even worse.

Also sounds like the new monster CP rules are based on charging, so that’s more bad news for Kraggy.

edit: monster abilities happen in the charge phase but are not reliant on charging so way better. But nothing that helps his insanely terrible mobility

Edited by C0deb1ue

looking at the new hero and monster ability for 3.0, there is some stuff that could be interesting

Kraggy can reliably be healed d3 wounds  in every hero phase since he has a bravery of ten

he also get to use one of those monstrous rampage abilities like d3 MW, =1 to hit monster though every other monster get access to it, but it does synergies well with his insane combat stateline

6 hours ago, novakai said:

looking at the new hero and monster ability for 3.0, there is some stuff that could be interesting

Kraggy can reliably be healed d3 wounds  in every hero phase since he has a bravery of ten

he also get to use one of those monstrous rampage abilities like d3 MW, =1 to hit monster though every other monster get access to it, but it does synergies well with his insane combat stateline

lol Gotrek also now gets to heal every hero phase for 1D3 wounds...

Man, I really really want to chop those eyebrows off and do proper horns.  Maybe Magnus' nipple horns would be better ?!

I just bought a Spiderfang army.  Wondering how Kragnos will fit with that if at all?  Perhaps they'll drop his points in the new GHB a month after BR comes out, as they must already know he's so vastly overcosted in points.

So I've decided to give Kragnos a shot and have a very stupid list idea in mind for him, what do we think?

Allegiance: Ironjawz
- Warclan: Ironsunz
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)
- General
- Artefact: Shamanistic Skullcape
- General's Trait: Master of the Weird
- Lore of the Weird: Brain-Busta 
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat: Get 'Em Beat
Kragnos (760)
6 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (320)
6 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (320)
3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (160)
Ironfist (160)
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Wounds: 105

• Like 1

With CP being reset every round I dont think the additional cp purchase will be a thing anymore 
So i ditched that and battalions for this idea

I looked at:

Gloomspite Gitz - Jaws of Mork 

Loonboss on giant cave squig
General, Envoy of the overbounder, Syari Screamersquig

Fungoid cave-shaman - Squiglure

Kragnos the living earthquake

24 Squig herd

24 Squig herd

12 Squig herd

12 Squig herd

10 Boingrots Bounderz 

Kragnos and Bounderz run at ****** while squigs swarm points (with cheeky charges with Lure)

11 hours ago, Chumphammer said:

With CP being reset every round I dont think the additional cp purchase will be a thing anymore 
So i ditched that and battalions for this idea

I looked at:

Gloomspite Gitz - Jaws of Mork 

Loonboss on giant cave squig
General, Envoy of the overbounder, Syari Screamersquig

Fungoid cave-shaman - Squiglure

Kragnos the living earthquake

24 Squig herd

24 Squig herd

12 Squig herd

12 Squig herd

10 Boingrots Bounderz 

Kragnos and Bounderz run at ****** while squigs swarm points (with cheeky charges with Lure)

Where does it say they are reset? It just says you get cps at the start of each round. It even specifies that you still get your cp for having your general on the field which happens in your hero phase..?

His points cost seems ridiculous for what you get?

10 hours ago, Malakree said:

Where does it say they are reset? It just says you get cps at the start of each round. It even specifies that you still get your cp for having your general on the field which happens in your hero phase..?

His points cost seems ridiculous for what you get?

It was discussed in on of the videos a wee while ago. I am sure we will find out soon enough if its confirmed or not 

53 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

It was discussed in on of the videos a wee while ago. I am sure we will find out soon enough if its confirmed or not 

Yeah was just trying to find it was why I asked.

I also couldn't find where they said they were removing faction battalions, just that they were adding a bunch of extra ones for everyone.

Hilarious, in a new MWG report Kragnos joins the fray next to some ogors. He stubs his toe on some dangerous terrain an takes 2 MW he cant ignore. Cries a lot so the wounded glutton next to him just dies (2 MW left) and he also does 3 MW to the tyrant next to them as well... truly a stunning centerpiece and rally point of destruction... 31:25 mark in the kragnos vs stormcast vid on yt.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Can't his monster rampage thing prevent the Unleash Hell?

No Roar prevents commands in the following combat phase.

Also The finest hour heroic action gives +1 to wound and +1 to save, which makes the 3+/2+ profile less desirable, even if it is only for 1 turn. Maybe it all makes more sense when we see the GHB 2021 with the other point increases, but so far, he is still more expensive than the rumored Mortahi cost at 660, and he is by no means worth more than her in any plane of reality.

• Like 1

The biggest problem with Kragnos is that at best the rampant increase in errant mortal wounds in every phase of the game means he's going to drown in them quite quickly. At worst, he gets nuked from across the table by mortal shooting. Heroic healing can mitigate a tiny bit of that, but then that also means you're not rolling for extra CP, so it's a trade-off.

• Like 1