Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RedMax

The Anvil of Apotheosis - Post your creation

Recommended Posts

Comes in at 220pts. I took the liberty of making up a couple of rules (dangerous ashes, legacy of khorne) so unlikely to get to use it outside of a narrative game but I couldnt resist the idea. 

20200711_220539.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I decided to go a little old school on my narrative.  Tossed this up on reddit earlier too.  Vlad's spirit has returned from the depths of the underworlds, and reclaimed his old Mortarch title with his old name.  I wanted to stay away from the 3+ ethereal cheese, and get as close to the other Dread Abyssal riding Mortarchs as I could, while staying as close as I could to his old ET rules.  At 40DP (400 points) he would run well in most of the Legions of Nagash. 

In Legion of Sacrament, he would be casting at +2 to get his debuff cast easier, and I would run him with Mastery of Death (speed his army along) and Shroud of Darkness (-2 to hit with ranged at over 8").  In Legion of Blood he would have a -2 Bravery Aura, and I would probably run him with Soul-crushing Contempt to spike that up to a -3 if he kills a model in combat.  In Legion of Night, I would run him with Terrifying Visage for a -2 Bravery aura, and the Shard of Night (-1 to hit from shooting attacks).  He probably functions least efficiently in the Grant Host of Nagash, but I would run him with Ancient Strategist (reroll charges for units nearby), and Terrorgheist Mantle to capitalize on bravery de-buffs.

They way he used to play in Warhammer Fantasy, you wanted to get him stuck in, cleaving heavy units apart, and debuff the enemy with his superior magic .  I tried to keep that similar here, but with the added benefit that he finally has his own Dread Abyssal, named "Ignavest, Feaster of Cowards".  He obviously wont be anything competitive, but I miss being able to field my Mortarch of Shadows, and this gives me that outlet.  Next I am planning on making some 20DP range acolytes that worship Vashanesh, and I want to see what I can do with these rules to make a cheaper hero that works well in tandem with my reborn Mortarch.  I will eventually make a converted model for him, might even put Mannfred on foot on Vashanesh's base in chains, as an example to others, lol.

Vashanesh, Mortarch of Shadow.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here's my Warscroll and conversion for Arnor, Foon's Greatest Champion.  He is based off a character from the Hello from the Magic Tavern podcast as is my entire Free Cities army.  I made this conversion before we got the new Cities Battletome and I love that I can use him again with his own Warscroll!  Here's some background!

Arnor the Warrior is one of the greatest warriors in Foon. His heroism and derring-do are legendary throughout the land. As a result, "Arnor" is a popular name. Arnor is a demi-god, the result of a union between Queen Titania and Bruce the Sky God. After disrupting an assassination attempt against King Albain Belaroth, the king welcomed him into service.

387836393_ArnorFoonsGreatestChampion.jpg.294c03f51fa675527dc79883258aa5b1.jpg

20200714_184433.jpg.3a7df0e4be6411ec61fce066eea127ba.jpg

Edited by Kamose
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!

Here are two of my favored characterof the very very old world setting!

I think that the anvil of apotheosis is a great totl (if you love narrative games, shame on you if you play with ethereal 3+ save lords )

Now i have to assembly and Egrimm  van horstmann worthy of his name

 

what do you think of them?

egrimm mezza pagina.pdf aekold-helbrass.pdf

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Laststand said:

Comes in at 220pts. I took the liberty of making up a couple of rules (dangerous ashes, legacy of khorne) so unlikely to get to use it outside of a narrative game but I couldnt resist the idea. 

20200711_220539.jpg

For when you use them in narrative games have you considered adding the Khorne keyword to them? It may not see much mechanical use but it could make sense considering the legacy of khorne ability?

Also the abilities you've added look pretty cool story wise. Though the magical feedback hitting every Skaven looks pretty painful buuut will make for some very funny moments. Do you have a particular story reason as to why it only affects the Skaven and not everyone else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Lightbox said:

For when you use them in narrative games have you considered adding the Khorne keyword to them? It may not see much mechanical use but it could make sense considering the legacy of khorne ability?

Also the abilities you've added look pretty cool story wise. Though the magical feedback hitting every Skaven looks pretty painful buuut will make for some very funny moments. Do you have a particular story reason as to why it only affects the Skaven and not everyone else?

Thanks, khorne keyword is a great shout. The idea was that it effects skaven because the warpstone engine is tuned to Visk's heart with magic and the explosion causes it to jump like chain lightning to other skaven because o the nature of the connection (unstable, key risk mitigations and cutouts ignored) Also I wanted a balance to the "every unit within 6 takes D3" because I could see that looking unfair to people if i charge it into their army. This way it causes chaos across the board which is very Skaven. 

Now if i could just find someone with a spare bloodcrusher juggernaut spare I could build it! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Working on an obese Grot warlord for Path to Glory. The model is currently drying, since it's mostly greenstuff, so I'll post him when he's finished.

the-mighty-mogg.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Meet Blogg Onefinger, Mournfang Tyrant of Ayadah and Mountaincharger of the Great Maw. 

Just feel it was a shame there never was a Mournfang Hero. And at the same time I have 4 Mournfang on sprue. 1+1=3 sometimes :) Can't wait to start this project and a campaign in which every players starts with their 400pts hero that is in every game. Btw quite hard to make the mount good. Giving an Ogor a Mount means you're already 16 destiny points in. 

blogg-onefinger-mournfang-tyrant-of-ayadah-and-mountaincharger-of-the-great-maw.jpg.3e0d4db0df2c030e9ccd5cf36527d9db.jpg

 

edit: Also big love to @RuneBrush and his warscroll builder: ˜https://runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I made a scuttleboss on arachnarok spider. I couldn't really recreate the crew attacks but this thing still looks better than the normal arachnaroks...
The rider doesn't have access to poisoned attacks but luckily the spiderfang artifact table is actually available to him (unlike any of the moonclan artifacts) so I can just give him The Black Fang.
300 points might be worth it here in comparison to the other arachnarok variants, but he would be competing with the Webspinner I think. I feel like the +1 save CA would be better but the +1 hit CA is more fitting.

edit: It seems I got the numbers wrong and this should be 31DP, or 310 points.
1265562048_scuttleboss-on-arachnarok-spider-__002830dp__0029(1).jpg.00279a2656de6d47942a6eaee3861b43.jpg

Edited by Ganigumo
Bad math

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving all of these creations.  I've looked closely at every one, and enjoyed each.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, still in French, but here is my Khorne Trainer with his beast !

Initially just a pretext to re-work the Slaugther brute of Khorne warscroll (warscroll that never was matching what the mini desserve). I didnt have appropriate bits to re-work the mini to make it a single model, so used same trick again (based on SCE balista) to have a single hero unit warscroll based on 2 mini.

I have to admit that I've a litle abuse on AoA capability by making this Hero a Priest (where nothing on the mini desserve for this), but this is for a Khorne army... so having in the front line a Khorne priest able to drop Khorne Judgement was too appealing!

So in few words:  Korne Trainer with his beast: 24 DP / 240 AP. Mortal, 1 hand sword, 1 hand flail, priest, Behemot beast, trampling, wild ferocity

285955365_DresseurdeKhorneetsaBete.png.c78118e78fe510fcc5b65263d4857f0b.png

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here is one of mine, I get annoyed that the only vampires we have are crappy casters, I miss the days of the different bloodlines.

 

Me and my group have other house rules which is why he may seem like he has an ability or two that are not on the AoA.

 

He also does not have rend on his shooting attack, forgot to take it off, but he has 2x casts which I forgot to put in haha.

 

I also made a mounted version, and a von carstein too.

20200713_151059.jpg

IMG-20200712-WA0022.jpeg

20200713_150155.jpg

 

Edited by Ghoooouls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are my two warscrolls created for my Cities of Sigmar. Twins who are cousins to the royal family of my aelven kingdom. 

delsear-soliana.jpg

lileath-soliana (1).jpg

image0.jpg

  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So, i was thinkng about the next character to make and my attention drifted towards abhorash. Pretty cool guy, smasher supreme and edgy ass vampire knight that drank from a literal dragon. SO I MADE A VERY PISSED VAMPIRE DRAGON THAT CAME BACK FOR SOME. YEAH. THAT SOUNDS LIKE A NICE IDEA.
It is 400 points and still lacks keywords but i suppose ill make it a vampire. Also we need more command abilities pronto because i need to make Abhorash now

vermithrax-the-undying-red-terror.jpg

Edited by Raptor_Jesues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm playing path to glory using The Mighty Mogg, and my opponent using his 20DP StoD hero. I think it's probably the best use for custom heroes, and you just use the hero that is appropriate for deciding followers etc, so Mogg counted as a Loonboss.

Mogg's Mates got stepped on twice before gaining some Fellwater Troggoths that turned the tide for a win. It's looking a bit brighter for Mogg, but we'll have to see.

Somehow this obese grot scored Nimble for his reward and so gained a -1 to hit. Don't ask why he suddenly picked up the pace, only that he did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dankboss said:

So I'm playing path to glory using The Mighty Mogg, and my opponent using his 20DP StoD hero. I think it's probably the best use for custom heroes, and you just use the hero that is appropriate for deciding followers etc, so Mogg counted as a Loonboss.

Mogg's Mates got stepped on twice before gaining some Fellwater Troggoths that turned the tide for a win. It's looking a bit brighter for Mogg, but we'll have to see.

Somehow this obese grot scored Nimble for his reward and so gained a -1 to hit. Don't ask why he suddenly picked up the pace, only that he did.

It's because due to his size, enemies keep guessing the distance wrong. Or go full Grom, and it's the lucky banner.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

It's because due to his size, enemies keep guessing the distance wrong. Or go full Grom, and it's the lucky banner.

His girth distorts time and space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2020 at 8:23 PM, Ghoooouls said:

Armour characteristic enhancement caps out at 3+ save so 3+ ethereal is the best, if you want to get a better save you'll need to equip a shield on your hero and that adds 1 to save rolls, so as it is a modifier therefore the ethereal rule ignores it, meaning your save would still be 3+ ethereal even with the shield.

That's wrong, the shield adds +1 to the save characteristic, not to the save roll. So it's possible to have a 2+ save with the shield. Otherwise the shield option would be completely useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone, uh, notice that if you look at mounted heros and you look at the Stormcast they have some insane cost effective mounted lords compared to the anvil stuff?

Just saying~ I dunno if this stuff is the most COST effective..but it's cool. The garg is likely the best for the points, but, still....I really like making my own hero rather than using one. So I hope this stays and I hope we get a little more power in our hands while...things like Ethereal is controlled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I think in Anvil, the max the save can get is 3+. You have to buy the shield first, then you buy the extra armor's thereafter. So if you start with the dwarf and buy the shield, you can't buy armor cause your save is a 3+.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Korazell said:

Anyone, uh, notice that if you look at mounted heros and you look at the Stormcast they have some insane cost effective mounted lords compared to the anvil stuff?

Just saying~ I dunno if this stuff is the most COST effective..but it's cool. The garg is likely the best for the points, but, still....I really like making my own hero rather than using one. So I hope this stays and I hope we get a little more power in our hands while...things like Ethereal is controlled. 

This seems to be the case for most mounted characters from my experience. 

For example, and Akhelian King now costs 230 points, but creating basically the same warscroll through Anvil of Apotheosis comes out to around 400 points, not even including some of the Kings more unique abilities.

The points/DP for most created characters skew way higher than GW offical warscrolls. Which I think is great to help people argue their case to allow them in friendly games/tournaments. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, carnith said:

So I think in Anvil, the max the save can get is 3+. You have to buy the shield first, then you buy the extra armor's thereafter. So if you start with the dwarf and buy the shield, you can't buy armor cause your save is a 3+.

Your base save can go to 3+ but a shield never adjusts your save stat, it just ADDS 1 to it for having it.  Lots of units have shields that buff their saves for having them. +2 is a doable thing and, frankly, I think they didn't understand the demand for this feature and balance it enough because etheral is just bonkers~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Athrawes said:

This seems to be the case for most mounted characters from my experience. 

For example, and Akhelian King now costs 230 points, but creating basically the same warscroll through Anvil of Apotheosis comes out to around 400 points, not even including some of the Kings more unique abilities.

The points/DP for most created characters skew way higher than GW offical warscrolls. Which I think is great to help people argue their case to allow them in friendly games/tournaments. 

I agree, I think it's just fine. I honestly think each option should have a competitive point option instead of being ambiguous. It's not hard to do that, frankly, they already have a good idea based on other models. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...