Jump to content

Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion


Recommended Posts

 

2 hours ago, Jonathon Bentley said:

I am due to play a couple of games over the next few weeks and I want to come up with a 2000 point army that doesn't include Teclis.  I have come up with the following list and would appreciate any advice on changes / tactics.  I'm hoping this should be fairly varied and fun to play.

Lumineth Realm Lords (Age of Sigmar) [2,000pts]

Helon

  • **Pitched Battle** 2,000 (Order - Lumineth) [2,000pts]

    • Leader [1,050pts]

      • Alarith Stonemage [130pts]

      • Avalenor The Stoneheart King [360pts]

      • Hurakan Windmage [120pts]

      • Scinari Cathallar [140pts]

      • Sevireth, Lord of the Seventh Wind [300pts]

    • Battleline [520pts]

      • Vanari Auralan Sentinels [140pts]

        Selections: 10 Vanari Auralan Sentinels [140pts]

      • Vanari Auralan Sentinels [140pts]

        Selections: 10 Vanari Auralan Sentinels [140pts]

      • Vanari Auralan Wardens [120pts]

        Selections: 10 Vanari Auralan Wardens [120pts]

      • Vanari Auralan Wardens [120pts]

        Selections: 10 Vanari Auralan Wardens [120pts]

    • Other [360pts]

      • Alarith Stoneguard [100pts]

        Selections: 5 Alarith Stoneguard [100pts], Standard Bearer

      • Hurakan Windchargers [130pts]

        Selections: 5 Hurakan Windchargers [130pts]

      • Hurakan Windchargers [130pts]

        Selections: 5 Hurakan Windchargers [130pts]

    • Malign Sorcery [70pts]

      • Endless Spell: Umbral Spellportal [70pts]

 

Created with BattleScribe

I don't think any of the Hero Spirits are very good if I'm honest. What is the spell portal for?

I think at the moment the best builds are probably Teclis or Vanari. Everything is is a mishmash without a structure. I'll be honest here, this isn't a good enough start to even start critiquing. You're going to have to drop a lot of heroes and get some more models in there before you can talk shop.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So finished what I have now and am ready for weekends releases (and next weekends)

I finished my Ymetrica Mountain Spirit. Such a beautiful model. Cant wait to get my hands on Avalenor!

Summary of the comments in the vid for all of the units:  And before that, I’m really happy that they finally made a really good preview video for the Lumineth (not BR series which is outstanding

Posted Images

I don’t know, with the new Wind Lore there might be some play in a Alarith/Hurakan list. The Cathallar is good of course, but maybe drop the Spell Portal and if you want an Endless Spell take Twinstones? Especially if you have all the MSU with spells? 

Maybe would be helpful to explain what your game plain is for this? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking the cathallar would sit back on the shrine but use the portal to slow the enemy down with her unique spell.  20 sentinels would sit back as ranged artillery.  Use the wind mage (with teleport spell) to teleport 20 wardens in front of enemy and force them to charge the wardens.  Use Severeth and wind chargers for ranged attacks and objectives. Use Avelanor with stone mage and stone guard for hard hitting melee.  It's not competitive so I though the list would be fun to play.  If it was competitive I would build my list around Teclis.

 

I may swap the endless spell, stone mage and stone guard for 20 additional wardens as a good objective holder.  This leaves me 60 points for alternative endless spell or command point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jonathon Bentley said:

I am due to play a couple of games over the next few weeks and I want to come up with a 2000 point army that doesn't include Teclis.  I have come up with the following list and would appreciate any advice on changes / tactics.  I'm hoping this should be fairly varied and fun to play.

Lumineth Realm Lords (Age of Sigmar) [2,000pts]

Helon

  • **Pitched Battle** 2,000 (Order - Lumineth) [2,000pts]

    • Leader [1,050pts]

      • Alarith Stonemage [130pts]

      • Avalenor The Stoneheart King [360pts]

      • Hurakan Windmage [120pts]

      • Scinari Cathallar [140pts]

      • Sevireth, Lord of the Seventh Wind [300pts]

    • Battleline [520pts]

      • Vanari Auralan Sentinels [140pts]

        Selections: 10 Vanari Auralan Sentinels [140pts]

      • Vanari Auralan Sentinels [140pts]

        Selections: 10 Vanari Auralan Sentinels [140pts]

      • Vanari Auralan Wardens [120pts]

        Selections: 10 Vanari Auralan Wardens [120pts]

      • Vanari Auralan Wardens [120pts]

        Selections: 10 Vanari Auralan Wardens [120pts]

    • Other [360pts]

      • Alarith Stoneguard [100pts]

        Selections: 5 Alarith Stoneguard [100pts], Standard Bearer

      • Hurakan Windchargers [130pts]

        Selections: 5 Hurakan Windchargers [130pts]

      • Hurakan Windchargers [130pts]

        Selections: 5 Hurakan Windchargers [130pts]

    • Malign Sorcery [70pts]

      • Endless Spell: Umbral Spellportal [70pts]

 

Created with BattleScribe

The big issue I see is that this list feels like it's just trying to do too much - too many points spent on heroes, too many disparate units that don't synergize, not enough bodies to hold objectives, and just a general lack of focus. That's an understandable issue with all of the new rules we got, of course, but trying to fit everything into a list like this really isn't the way I'd recommend going about it. And even if the list does have some fun potential with all of the varied units, I feel like it'll be frustrating for both you and your opponent as you try to sift through the million rules and interactions you'll need to juggle to make everything work properly.

As it stands, I'd say you should choose whether you want to lean more towards Alarith or Hurakan with this list and change the build accordingly. If you want to go Helon, you should get rid of Avalenor, the Stonemage and the Stoneguard - you can use those points to lean heavier on Wardens (2 blocks of 20) for objective control and melee damage, and invest in more Windchargers (2x10, maybe) to better take advantage of your allegiance abilities. Also, I'd consider the Hurakan Temple battalion, as it seems like a huge improvement to their mobility.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Decided to start some Bladelords, what with how cool they looked in @ThalmorRepresentative's post .  And I have to say, the photos don't lie.  They look damn cool... Well, the Seneschal does at least, which is where I'm starting.  But with a possible conversion.  :P  

IMG_1771.jpeg.0d4a8516eb3d442a5811502761ae95a1.jpeg

Using a Blood Bowl Wood Elf head, since it's hair is swirling in the right direction.  I feel it's tiny wee bit big, but the sculpt is great!  Then which pose?!  

TWO SWORDS:

IMG_1772.jpeg.c645c9c660b198e067ac8dedca0f16f0.jpegIMG_1773.jpeg.47743682d579de3f5ca6bbc10015620a.jpeg

ONE SWORD:

IMG_1774.jpeg.df9197fa9c8860001ef1dafb233a9df9.jpegIMG_1775.jpeg.b83e6895b82675b1f0ed13e65d58ea3f.jpeg

 

I'm leaning Two swords, since his face is yelling like he's about to attack, and this stance is a tad more aggressive.  The One sword pose is more focused and "contemplative"?  

  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wyliekyote said:

Decided to start some Bladelords, what with how cool they looked in @ThalmorRepresentative's post .  And I have to say, the photos don't lie.  They look damn cool... Well, the Seneschal does at least, which is where I'm starting.  But with a possible conversion.  :P  

IMG_1771.jpeg.0d4a8516eb3d442a5811502761ae95a1.jpeg

Using a Blood Bowl Wood Elf head, since it's hair is swirling in the right direction.  I feel it's tiny wee bit big, but the sculpt is great!  Then which pose?!  

TWO SWORDS:

IMG_1772.jpeg.c645c9c660b198e067ac8dedca0f16f0.jpegIMG_1773.jpeg.47743682d579de3f5ca6bbc10015620a.jpeg

ONE SWORD:

IMG_1774.jpeg.df9197fa9c8860001ef1dafb233a9df9.jpegIMG_1775.jpeg.b83e6895b82675b1f0ed13e65d58ea3f.jpeg

 

I'm leaning Two swords, since his face is yelling like he's about to attack, and this stance is a tad more aggressive.  The One sword pose is more focused and "contemplative"?  

Love the head swap!! Excellent work!

Link to post
Share on other sites

So what’s the general opinion on Lyrior vs the generic Lord Regent? I like the idea of a laser shooting daemon smiting lance, but I also like the idea of a generic Vanari hero. I’ll probably do both eventually, but I need to prioritize some things over Warhammer, sadly

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AnarchMage said:

So what’s the general opinion on Lyrior vs the generic Lord Regent? I like the idea of a laser shooting daemon smiting lance, but I also like the idea of a generic Vanari hero. I’ll probably do both eventually, but I need to prioritize some things over Warhammer, sadly

seems to me it comes down to if you want an extra cmd point as part of the list. you pay 60pts more for the named version which is basically the cmd point (on 2+ tbf) and the crappy lance attack (which is maybe ok to pay 10pts for...)

 

edit: looked at the rule now and seems he generates 1 cmd point /turn I thought it was once /battle... so maybe that makes the named version worth it...

Edited by woolf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, woolf said:

seems to me it comes down to if you want an extra cmd point as part of the list. you pay 60pts more for the named version which is basically the cmd point (on 2+ tbf) and the crappy lance attack (which is maybe ok to pay 10pts for...)

 

edit: looked at the rule now and seems he generates 1 cmd point /turn I thought it was once /battle... so maybe that makes the named version worth it...

The downsides are can't take an artifact or command trait and keyworded to Ymetrica.  Personally , I would take the generic Lord Regent for these reasons and the lower points cost.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AnarchMage said:

So what’s the general opinion on Lyrior vs the generic Lord Regent? I like the idea of a laser shooting daemon smiting lance, but I also like the idea of a generic Vanari hero. I’ll probably do both eventually, but I need to prioritize some things over Warhammer, sadly

I think you can build the one you like the look of and use that one for both.

In most cases the generic one is better. Profits from your great nation keywords and you can give her artifacts. As Woolf said though Lyrior can generate many CP, so if that’s important for you, you could look into him. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Do they give a good reason as to why Tyrion's second in command is specifically in Ymetrica?  I get that Ymetrica is kind if the default region for the Lumineth, but why would you tie such a character to a region that seems almost counter to how the unit functions?  This is a really baffling design decision to me.

Edited by Koradrel of Chrace
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

Do they give a good reason as to why Tyrion's second in command is specifically in Ymetrica?  I get that Ymetrica is kind if the default region for the Lumineth, but why would you tie such a character to a region that seems almost counter to how the unit functions.  This is a really baffling design decision to me.

I think all the named characters are keyworded Ymetrica to prevent them benefitting from the other Great Nation abilities.  Ymetrica only benefits Alarith so they get no benefit there either. Basically they live or die on their warscroll and any synergy with other units.  Perhaps play-testing showed they were just too powerful when combined with sub-faction rules.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s a lot of schemes, it turns out, that work very well on Lumineth. Red looks pretty ace, same as blue and cream like Ymetrica or green and gold surprisingly looks tasty.

On another note, could I get a scale pic of the Regent next to Dawnriders/ Wardens? The mount looks quite large, I’m curious how big her model is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, P.T.Bahnum said:

working on a lord regent with head swap. any ideas on a color scheme?

erdname1.jpg

erdname2.jpg

erdname3.jpg

You made a amazing model even cooler 🤔

Dors it make sense to play some LRL units in a Settler‘s Gain list or do they lose too many benefits?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

You made a amazing model even cooler 🤔

Dors it make sense to play some LRL units in a Settler‘s Gain list or do they lose too many benefits?

I've looked into this a bit. Settler's Gain is not the most powerful city, but I think it's workable.

If you build a Settler's Gain list, you should probably bring a few Lumineth units to make it worth it. You can run a good Living City or Tempest's Eye list without Sylvaneth or Kharadron Overlords in it, but I don't think you can say the same about Settler's Gain.

I think it makes the most sense to bring martial Lumineth heroes, which give battleshock immunity for a command point, and big monsters or long-range shooting, which Cities of Sigmar otherwise kinda lack.

I don't think it's worth it to bring basic Lumineth troops outside of Sentinels, because Cities of Sigmar generally has better battleline choices than LRL, especially without aetherquartz. I also don't think bringing LRL wizards makes a lot of sense in Settler's Gain, because that allegiance buffs Cities wizards pretty significantly.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

You made a amazing model even cooler 🤔

Dors it make sense to play some LRL units in a Settler‘s Gain list or do they lose too many benefits?

I think a loreseeker getting up in the opponents face to cast a fully empowered Geminids, pendulum, or maybe even shackles would be a good choice to annoy your opponent and making it harder to charge forward

avalorn would be a good anchor for your lines as well, but you want a stone mage with him.

Teclis is probably going to love settlers gain just because of empowered endless spells

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2021 at 1:25 AM, Aelfric said:

I think all the named characters are keyworded Ymetrica to prevent them benefitting from the other Great Nation abilities.  Ymetrica only benefits Alarith so they get no benefit there either. Basically they live or die on their warscroll and any synergy with other units.  Perhaps play-testing showed they were just too powerful when combined with sub-faction rules.

Since they are not stoneguard they also literally have no benefit in ymetrica

Edited by Yondaime
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Edwards said:

Can someone confirm that the Lore of Hysh is supposed to be available to all Scinari Wizards and not just Cathallars?

I have the original LRL battletome, BR:Teclis and the FAQ, which don't clear this up.

I can confirm. Spells from the Lore of Hysh can be taken by Teclis, Scinari and Vanari wizards. As of the new tome. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tiberius501 said:

I can confirm. Spells from the Lore of Hysh can be taken by Teclis, Scinari and Vanari wizards. As of the new tome. 

How can you confirm that? Source? Part of the new LRL standard battletome?

Edited by Rune
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...