AoS 2 - Ogor Mawtribe Discussion

AthelLoren

Ogor Mawtribes Poll  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What tier do you feel Ogors are pre-battletome?

• High-tier
    • Mid-tier
    • Low-tier
  2. 2. What kind of army will you be running?

• Entirely Gutbusters
    • Mostly Gutbusters
    • Mixed forces
    • Mostly Beastclaw Raiders
    • Entirely Beastclaw Raiders

43 minutes ago, HostilSpike said:

I'm annoyed Might Makes Right didn't get errata'd to benefit Mournfang more. Surely as 5+ Wound Ogors they should be at least 4 for objectives?

Honestly mournfang should've counted as 4 and gotten the better ogor charge at 4 models from the start.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, HostilSpike said:

I'm annoyed Might Makes Right didn't get errata'd to benefit Mournfang more. Surely as 5+ Wound Ogors they should be at least 4 for objectives?

Yeah this is a definite nerf to Ogors. Here is to hoping that when a new battle tome comes out, they increase the base guys to counts as 3 instead of 2. The monters are still objectively better at 10.

2 hours ago, Mokoshkana said:

I don't think any rule could make that expensive finecast enticing to me haha

Take bits from other factions, convert your own. While the old sculpts are really nice, I also would never bother with "fine"cast - but you really don't have to anyway.

1 hour ago, Oldhat said:

What are you thinking for them?

It's awkward because reinforcing to 6 is the worst, but like basically everything they love All Out Attack, 4 attacks each, hitting on 2's, re-rolling 1's sounds nice. I suppose I'd consider them over Leadbelchers if my battleline requirement is already fulfilled or over Ironguts if points are tight. It's not much but they were never even a consideration in 2.0

51 minutes ago, Darnok said:

Take bits from other factions, convert your own. While the old sculpts are really nice, I also would never bother with "fine"cast - but you really don't have to anyway.

I got a finecast ninja meaneater a couple of years ago and it wasn't as bad as i expected, due to ogors being larger models the pieces ar thicker and not as brittle as some finecast as a result. I think a couple of pieces did need bending in hot water to straighten them out. THat being said I'm planning to convert normal ogres into maneaters to expand the unit

Edited by Altair554488

Thinking if trying something a bit different for my first 3.0 list to dust off some unused models.

The basic plan is to make a small castle around the Mawpot with Butcher, Leadbelchers & Ironblasters and try and use Cogs to slow down time to get some buffs rolling on Ironguts & Frostlord who can then push with a Slaughtermaster each.

I avoided the Tyrant & Extra artefact combo mostly because I don't have enough Ironblasters to justify the investment.

Screenshot_20210705-225943_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

First pass on the list I plan to use for a FLGS RTT in a few months as well as a GT the month after.

Tribe: Thunderbellies

Leaders:

Huskard on Thundertusk (GENERAL) - Storm Chaser - Shatterstone - Rimefrost Hide

Huskard on Stonehorn - Metalcruncher*

Butcher - Blood Feast

Slaughtermaster - Ribcracker

Units
4x Mournfang w Gargant Hackers

4x Mournfang w Clubs

1 Gorger

* - Havent had a chance to read the rules too much on enhancements but since I would be taking the Battle Regiment I know I would get an extra enhancement but not sure if that enhancement gets taken with Slaughtermaster getting a spell. If I am in the clear to bring that second mount trait I would take metalcruncher but if not it would be what goes away. 

Basically the idea of the list is to play the edge and clear the distance T1 with the mournfangs ability to R+C. From there on there are a plethora of buffs that can be handed out to the gargant hacker mournfang to make them very dangerous from Linebreakers to Rip+Tear, to all out attack, Bloodfeast, Spineamarrow, and Ribcracker. Club Mournfang's job is to play the consistent damage dealer role but I could also opt for 2 sets of 2 and let them be objective holders. Gorger is only in the list because im left at 1910 points beforehand and there isnt much else I can throw in. If anything he might be able to get a few points of damage in on a backline hero and with the frontline units being held up by the mournfang they should at least have some allies around. All in all its a very aggressive game plan and allows you to score some easy secondary objectives early on in the game with having units in enemy territory since its pretty much guaranteed with the mournfangs ability to run+charge with a 9+2 inch movement. 

Anyone have ideas on some tweaks to the list? My first chance to playtest this will be Saturday so Ill be able to know for sure if it plays as good as I think it will.

• Like 2

On 7/6/2021 at 12:07 AM, HostilSpike said:

Thinking if trying something a bit different for my first 3.0 list to dust off some unused models.

The basic plan is to make a small castle around the Mawpot with Butcher, Leadbelchers & Ironblasters and try and use Cogs to slow down time to get some buffs rolling on Ironguts & Frostlord who can then push with a Slaughtermaster each.

I avoided the Tyrant & Extra artefact combo mostly because I don't have enough Ironblasters to justify the investment.

Screenshot_20210705-225943_Chrome.jpg

I like it a lot! I was figuring out what I should do without my beloved gluttons and I figured something like this as-well. I don't have the Ironblasters though and I would keep it at one slaughtermaster.. But the general concept I thinks is nice and could work great with the chronomantic cogs. Let me know how it plays!

1 hour ago, yacob said:

I like it a lot! I was figuring out what I should do without my beloved gluttons and I figured something like this as-well. I don't have the Ironblasters though and I would keep it at one slaughtermaster.. But the general concept I thinks is nice and could work great with the chronomantic cogs. Let me know how it plays!

Gunna be a while I'm afraid, Covid's rampant in the schools of merry old Boro so most of my hobby group are in forced isolation because of their kids 😕

Edited by HostilSpike

On 7/6/2021 at 1:18 PM, Schauer said:

First pass on the list I plan to use for a FLGS RTT in a few months as well as a GT the month after.

Tribe: Thunderbellies

Leaders:

Huskard on Thundertusk (GENERAL) - Storm Chaser - Shatterstone - Rimefrost Hide

Huskard on Stonehorn - Metalcruncher*

Butcher - Blood Feast

Slaughtermaster - Ribcracker

Units

4x Mournfang w Clubs

1 Gorger

* - Havent had a chance to read the rules too much on enhancements but since I would be taking the Battle Regiment I know I would get an extra enhancement but not sure if that enhancement gets taken with Slaughtermaster getting a spell. If I am in the clear to bring that second mount trait I would take metalcruncher but if not it would be what goes away. 

Basically the idea of the list is to play the edge and clear the distance T1 with the mournfangs ability to R+C. From there on there are a plethora of buffs that can be handed out to the gargant hacker mournfang to make them very dangerous from Linebreakers to Rip+Tear, to all out attack, Bloodfeast, Spineamarrow, and Ribcracker. Club Mournfang's job is to play the consistent damage dealer role but I could also opt for 2 sets of 2 and let them be objective holders. Gorger is only in the list because im left at 1910 points beforehand and there isnt much else I can throw in. If anything he might be able to get a few points of damage in on a backline hero and with the frontline units being held up by the mournfang they should at least have some allies around. All in all its a very aggressive game plan and allows you to score some easy secondary objectives early on in the game with having units in enemy territory since its pretty much guaranteed with the mournfangs ability to run+charge with a 9+2 inch movement. 

Anyone have ideas on some tweaks to the list? My first chance to playtest this will be Saturday so Ill be able to know for sure if it plays as good as I think it will.

I'm wondering if you can get rid of the Gorger to upgrade the HoSH to a FLoSH?  Though I suppose the Gorger can help you fill out a batallion and deepstrike to an unsuspecting objective.  

• Like 1