AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Still-young

I could easily see it becoming a battering ram model; however as a living creature it would be lacking. The body region is clearly not dynamic nor flexible. Ideal to carry a gun/catapult/platform/ram etc..... but really not suited to a beast getting into the thick of combat. Of course a battering ram would suggest GW releasing more castle walls and features which is something we've not seen them do with AoS; in fact thus far all the terrain has been very much a ruin/broken landscape.

I would hope to see some 'screaming bell' or 'nighthaunt black coach'level of movement and artistry in a large model kit

On  another note; if the Ossiarch have terrible movement it may make the new spooky movement endless spells more attractive. The boatman and bridge (forgot the names)

Edited by Neck-Romantic

On 8/29/2019 at 4:10 AM, Spears said:

Lets hope they are only allies to legions rather than bundling them in like Nighthaunt were.

I’ll be good with whatever approach GW takes.

Considering they use a new Tithe mechanic odds are pretty slim any of the models will have the “summonable” warscroll tag.  Will it be closer to Khorne’s or the others?  Who knows.  I’m pretty sure the army will have self contained rules.  Unlike the bandaid fix Legions was because post AOS 1.0 rule fixes that crippled most everything Death.  Rest assured people will need to dump hundreds of dollars to play them, easily a thousand plus for us completionists.

Nighthaunt had to be folded into the current mash because a good chunk of it was already part of Legions.  Good thing to because otherwise the line would have been a poorly sold disaster.  KO has been badly in need of a book for years, I wouldn’t want Nighthaunt to suffer the same neglect or a worse fate.

New mounted hero (3 bone Tail rumor engine), one-headed four Arm guys with Samurai helmets, shields and axes.

another cool mage floating atop a giant skull

Some kind of Ratogre-Kroxigor bone construct called a G*_Something Harvester which wields a copesh

A terrain piece called tithe vortex

a glimpse at a Warscroll that seems to be Arkhan

Edited by JackStreicher

Arkhan confuses me a bit. Is he part of the army or are they just using him as a chance to re-release some rules for him? (Appreciate we can’t know yet). Would be quite a shift if they can have two Mortarchs (as in could have either rather than only being able to include the other if you include the primary Mortarch for the “legion”)

Edited by stickybluetoffee
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, stickybluetoffee said:

Arkhan confuses me a bit. Is he part of the army or are they just using him as a chance to re-release some rules for him? (Appreciate we can’t know yet). Would be quite a shift if they can have two Mortarchs (as in could have either rather than only being able to include the other if you include the primary Mortarch for the “legion”)

Maybe he is in there cuz he is Nagash's main lackey? Maybe he needs to keep and eye on the newbie Mortarch. 

11 minutes ago, Overread said:

If this army lets me get one of those mortach models riding those super awesome bone horses then I'm all in without question - my wallet though - that has now run a mile and hidden. If anyone sees the little thing please send it home!! 

Yeah their mounts fit the theme as do Morghast. 

Arkhan has always been my fav so if they beef up his warscroll and include him ill be super happy.

On 9/6/2019 at 2:14 PM, Overread said:

I could easily see it becoming a battering ram model; however as a living creature it would be lacking. The body region is clearly not dynamic nor flexible. Ideal to carry a gun/catapult/platform/ram etc..... but really not suited to a beast getting into the thick of combat. Of course a battering ram would suggest GW releasing more castle walls and features which is something we've not seen them do with AoS; in fact thus far all the terrain has been very much a ruin/broken landscape.

Well, their modus operandi is to go from city to city collecting their tythe and we are due a Cities of Sigmar battletome any day now.  There is plenty of speculation concerning defensive works of one sort or another accompanying this battletome.  Perhaps siege equipment will have more impact on the game going forward.  

I think we've seen (directly or not) almost everything :
Army-WC.jpg
Nagash
Orpheon Katakros
Arkhan
Mounted hero (undead gryph charger style)
Coffin hero
Walking chair hero
Scythe hero
Bonesculpting hero (Mortisian Boneshaper)
Base soldier (w/ swords or lances, probably two-handed swords for special weapons)
Four-arms giant soldiers (w/ offensive setup including single-handed swords or two-handed swords or defensive setup with polearm)
Mounted soldiers
Gothizzar Harvester
Morghasts
Siege engine

That's already a wide array of new miniatures and a good diversity of roles on the battlefield covered. And we've got faction terrain !

Edited by Kokoshi
  • Like 1

Interesting observations -

1) Outside of the catapult the army appears to have almost no ranged units at all. Unless GW is hiding more they've no infantry archers nor elite style archers. It's almost a fully close combat army, with likely magical support. 

2) Most of the units appear to be pretty standard infantry and ground troops. Mortatch and Morgasts might be the only ones with flight and other "avoiding terrain" features of movement. 

I can see things like the new Forbidden Powers Endless spells being very popular with this army for the bridge and the transport to help speed them along the battlefield if they don't have some speed of their own built into the army. Stormcast might not be much different, but they at least have quite a few ranged units. The Reapers thus far appear to be quite lacking in that department.