The Painting Contract - August 2019

kaaras

Putting this up as it doesn't seem to have dropped yet:

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for August 2019!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest Silver Tower / Shadows Over Hammerhal, or Gorechosen.

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

This month’s Pledge: Paint a model 😅

I didn’t get anything painted for AoS last month. I spent the first weekend at the office, the second weekend helping my in-laws move, and during the third week we found out that the wife is pregnant with twins, so I’ve been going through my Magic cards to find things to sell (and then promptly had a payment issue with the company I was trying to sell to).

• Like 1

Alright, inspired by an incoming battletome for my Humies, I will do:

10 Halberdiers

10 Handgunners

And at a stretch, 1 hero - either an Excelsior Warpriest, Warrior Priest, Captain or Wizard (so many grey plastic models which were shelved at the end of WHFB!)

• Like 1

Busy month ahead with two jobs going full tilt. So I’m painting every Tuesday and Thursday for half an hour between the jobs to reset a bit. Hope this will mean I get one of these done as all weekends are fully booked  

1 build awesome base for Brokk Grungsson / paint brokk*

2. Finish church tower terrain 

3. Finish last Skaven (except for: thanquol)

4. Convert thanquol base / paint

5. Paint 3 vanguard raptors and 2 aetherwings

6. Finish up bezerkers & vanguard hunters

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 8/3/2019 at 1:05 PM, zilberfrid said:

I'm into it!

First up will be my Excelsior Warpriest and a bunch of Gryphon/gryph creatures, without riders for the moment (need the warscrolls for that).

August is a rather busy month, so I'll limit myself a bit.

Built, primed and painted until washes:

- Tiny gryph hound

- Two versions of my Quartergryphs (one is not pretty enough)

- Demigryph

- Excelsior Warpriest

- Washes on the above

- Another Quartergryph conversion option (this time from a Bretonnian horse) primed

- Another quartergryph (made from a Tsaangor head and an Empire warhorse) primed

- 1 greatsword primed

- Outriders primed

- Pistoleer rider primed

Todo:

- Improve the bases

- Build the Empire General tiny griffin

- Gryph hound in same colour scheme

- General slaying Stormcast for my own contest

- Another Quartergryph conversion option (this time from a Bretonnian horse) paint&wash

- Another quartergryph (made from a Tsaangor head and an Empire warhorse) paint&wash

Out of scope for this month:

- Gryph charger

- Deathclaw

- Build/prime/paint riders for the gryphs. Even the tiny gryph-creatures.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1

Haven’t made a pledge in a while (life happens), but...

Goals: Warcry starter set scenery and at least the Iron Golems painted.

Stretch (in order): Any two additional warbands (but beasts and cabal most likely), a second scenery set.

Never gonna happen but wish I could goals: cypher lords, unmade, fangs and the last scenery set... maybe next-next month. 

• Like 1

On 8/3/2019 at 6:52 AM, kaaras said:

Putting this up as it doesn't seem to have dropped yet:

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for August 2019!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest Silver Tower / Shadows Over Hammerhal, or Gorechosen.

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

Woo Hoo! Nothing like dealing with a move to throw everything out the window! Thanks for the backup!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Wife is away for a couple of weeks so I'm going to get on this. My pledge is 10x wrathmongers, skarbrand and a bloodsecrator.

Lol, so the wife is away and you finally get to play?

But on a serious note, I’ve got all of my Warcry Terrain at a playable/battle ready state but have a lot of work left to do on details. Luckily I ended up with the day off so I’ll be able to knock a decent chunk of it out today. I’m not rushing the rest of it and after today will aim to knock out one detail type per session/week in order to finish it by end of month.

Wall on the right is the state of most of the ruins while the left is after being detailed; to be honest I’m just not sure if those greys and and the brasses show up enough to be worth the effort.

171BA05A-4002-41E5-850A-5D626F2FDC61.jpeg

CDA9D2A2-9D7A-4A96-B64C-B0252C4F0694.jpeg

• Like 5

Working on 40 chainrasps. Did 10 last month and aiming for another 10 in August. Tried to sit and do all of them but it was too much so gonna break them up into 10s and then do a character in between. I'll aim to do a Guardian of Souls as well. 

Put the finishing touches on this chap today - a belated completion from July. 

20190809_185736.jpg

• Like 6

I have probably even less time than last month, but I aim to finish at least the remaining 14 chainrasp from Soul Wars. I will be more than happy if I am able to finish them. I expect I can do them considerable faster than the first six though, as I struggled a bit with finding the right mix and basing, but now I know how I like to go forward with them, it will probably take less time to finish them.

After that I probably continue with the rest of the NH from Soul Wars. Cannot wait to start with the black coach and Lady olynder, but Ipromised myself first to finish the SoulWars box (well the NH).

In the meanwhile the grey plastic piles up further.  After long internal debate, I eventually couldn't resist the good deal the warcry box is, and with at least one new Ogre and a completely new death army on the horizon, both probably instant buys for me, I am far from finished buying stuff :/  

Edited by Lowki