The Rumour Thread

Well, if you look at the Fungoid Cave Shaman its pretty clear that they are going for a Fungus infested + Insect friend route for the moonclan. And considering in most fantasy settings giant spiders are always cave related its not such a suprise.

I just hope theres a generic Fungoid Zombie unit.

1 hour ago, Drakensgreed said:

I think you‘ve mixed up your names there, the speaker was the Loon King who is a grot. Anyways, we can see Spiders of various sizes in his entourage as well as Troggoths, so I‘d take this as a sign that the GGs will encompass all of these, perhaps including Gitmob but that‘s far less certain due to their mistly outdated line.

Nope, didn't mess up any trolls, the troll didn't talk, "he" would clearly be the speaking grot, I siimply assume a basic level of awareness and comprehension instead of wasting my time being overly verbose.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

Nope, didn't mess up any trolls, the troll didn't talk, "he" would clearly be the speaking grot, I siimply assume a basic level of awareness and comprehension instead of wasting my time being overly verbose.

It really did seem like you were talking about the troll :P No harm no foul.

Assuming the Sourbreath Troggoth gets wrapped into all this, are we suspecting it be a new model, or simply re-basing the current one? 

Just watched the trailer.

from my understanding, Gloomspite gitz aren’t really a faction but more a kind of army which many grots and troggoths follow a mighty king.

sounds somehow similar to the firestorm allegiances like gutstompas mighty Whaaaag and the fists of the everchosen,

which is a army of all chaosthings, (excluding skaven and others (no skaven in his right mind would ever follow a chaos-thing for the horned rat is the only true chaos god)) 

United under the banner of a certain daemon prince who’s name i forgot.

edit: it’s funny I never expected Gw to take that kind of road.

but I actually like the idea.

give every faction some kind of allegiance ability magic etc. And for an excuse, unit them in 1book, and say that they all folllow a certain mighty Git.

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, michu said:

Some Archaon guy. He supposedly destroyed some world, you probably never heard of him...

You must be mistaken my friend, clearly the skaven destroyed the old world.

Also who’s archaon never heard of him.

is he one of those chaos-things claiming to be chosen by the chaosgods known as tzeentch, Slaanesh, khorne and Nurgle?

because that would be just hilarious, afterall everybody knows that the horned rat is the only true chaos god.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

You must be mistaken my friend, clearly the skaven destroyed the old world.

Also who’s archaon never heard of him.

is he one of those chaos-things claiming to be chosen by the chaosgods known as tzeentch, Slaanesh, khorne and Nurgle?

because that would be just hilarious, afterall everybody knows that the horned rat is the only true chaos god.

Both wrong.

GW killed Gobbla in a black library novel and the tragic passing of such a magnificent creature filled the old world with such despair that it took it’s own life and exploded rather than existing in a reality bereft of that grand Squig.  Everyone else is simply playing their awful revisionist history, but the truth will not be forgotten and Gobbla’s memory will live on!

Edited by Skabnoze
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

18 minutes ago, Kronos said:

@Skreech Verminking wrong again bud, if you go back far enough, it was the dinosaurs that meddled in things they shouldn’t have. Beautiful world until some silly space toad built a portal leading to daemons, chaos, greenskins and all the foul things. 

Wrong. 

The Lizards’ meddling played a pivotal role by creating the events that led to the existence of Gobbla - the most magestic creature to ever exist.  They knew full well what they were doing and they will forever be remembered for their great contributions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Just watched the trailer.

from my understanding, Gloomspite gitz aren’t really a faction but more a kind of army which many grots and troggoths follow a mighty king.

It will be quite interesting to see how the rules for this pan out.  After seeing the fantastically well done Beasts of Chaos book I expected GW to follow that template for combining a bunch of the disparate allegiances together - like grots, ogors, aelves, etc.  But this seems closer to a Legions of Nagash template where they bring different allegiances under the banner of a named character.  

It will be quite interesting to see how they handle the mechanics of this force.  Do they use the Legions of Nagash template, the Beasts of Chaos, or some new incarnation?

But I honestly don’t care that much what they do.  I am just ecstatic to have the niche subfactions that I have primarily played for decades (for pure love of goblins and not for rules) become their own full army.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

Wrong. 

The Lizards’ meddling played a pivotal role by creating the events that led to the existence of Gobbla - the most magestic creature to ever exist.  They knew full well what they were doing and they will forever be remembered for their great contributions.

Well at least he got the change to eat a packmasters from Queek headtakers army befor he dies.

(sadly it’s exactly the same who stabs him from the inside.)

17 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well at least he got the change to eat a packmasters from Queek headtakers army befor he dies.

(sadly it’s exactly the same who stabs him from the inside.)

Indigestion can be a b.1tch sometimes...

Edited by Skabnoze

1 hour ago, Kronos said:

@Skreech Verminking wrong again bud, if you go back far enough, it was the dinosaurs that meddled in things they shouldn’t have. Beautiful world until some silly space toad built a portal leading to daemons, chaos, greenskins and all the foul things. 

All planed by the great horned rat.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RexHavoc said:

I just have to find away to explain to my misses, that the huge dark elves/DoK army she gave for christmas just a few hours ago is about to go on the back burner, even though I've been nagging her for them for months

Oh you poor fool.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, bsharitt said:

+++ Mod Hat On +++

Its Christmas, the time of year where we are nice to each other. You are also posting on TGA, where we are nice to each other.

Its clear that the person here responded to you with a general comment that doesn’t warrant your reaction. Don’t do it again.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

Wrong. 

I see your gobbla and raise you a Throgg, but the point is the same, so Touche.

One big bonus if the spidergrots are in the same book is that GW can still internally balance it so that both moonclan and spiders can be viable forces in their own right; whilst also being able to swap units over and take whatever they want without alliance limitations. 

Consider that Daughters of Khaine can go witch heavy or melusai heavy or a mix and all three are viable choices. If Grots get the same internal treatment then it leaves players in a much better position to have one book than two or three. 

Personally I've no interest in Grots, but will look forward to seeing this new battletome and chapter in AoS development unfold!

• Like 6