The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Is there another preview coming up? I remember when Dominion launched there was a prerelease preview with upcoming stormcast and kruelboyz range additions.

If they intend to release Agents before august, there should be one, yes.

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Do you think the order of the faction focuses somewhat (big emphasis on somewhat) mirrors the launch order of 4.0 Bts ? Obviously we got SCE and Skavens as they’re the starter factions and will be getting their Bts first, but today we got GSG, do you think GSG will be the first Destruction Bt of AoS4 ? 

I just compared it with the 40k Faction Focus ones and the list there doesn't match at all:

image.png.d3dd7977bdb3d50cc71a13b699b8dc4a.png

They're only doing the list in this order because they want to start with one book from each grand alliance. I wonder if they'll stick to 4 a week. That would take them right up to a pre-order on June 29th. 

32 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Is there another preview coming up? I remember when Dominion launched there was a prerelease preview with upcoming stormcast and kruelboyz range additions.

There may be one but I'm not expecting one. We've sort of had the one(s) that would have covered WarhammerFest or the UK Game Expo (which GW are not sponsoring this year). 

I can't wait for more Warcry news, and hopefully 3rd edition with another banger launch set. I haven't been this excited for AoS or Warcry in a while, it feels like anything can happen again! AoS4 is looking more approachable and neat than ever rules-wise, I love the lore implications of the Vermindoom and I can't wait for the Duardin Faction Focusses (Foci?)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I think it’ll be a mini campaign for the box owners like they did last year - hopefully the Skaven win it like the Nids did last year so we can see what’s cooking beyond the launch box.

But maybe they cover that with the campaign they are currently running in the stores? No one leaked us anything about an Oghram-like event yet.

31 minutes ago, Chikout said:

They're only doing the list in this order because they want to start with one book from each grand alliance. I wonder if they'll stick to 4 a week. That would take them right up to a pre-order on June 29th. 

If something from last year must be taken out, it's that we'll have 5 weekly faction focuses. We're having 4 this one because it's 24 factions and one of the weeks had to had only 4.

Release on the 6th of july, mark my words.

32 minutes ago, Garrac said:

If something from last year must be taken out, it's that we'll have 5 weekly faction focuses. We're having 4 this one because it's 24 factions and one of the weeks had to had only 4.

I'm sure that was the plan but there have been persistent rumours of a delay and the closure of the warehouse for a week suggests this might be true. Also @Elarinhas been pretty reliable so far and they are saying pre-order on the 29th. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Chikout said:

I'm sure that was the plan but there have been persistent rumours of a delay and the closure of the warehouse for a week suggests this might be true. Also @Elarinhas been pretty reliable so far and they are saying pre-order on the 29th. 

Well, then, unmark my words, I guess

Edited by Garrac

4 hours ago, Enoby said:

Agreed. 

While it's not nice to have an army with natural 5+s to hit or wound, it's important for the diversity of the game to actually use the higher two numbers on a d6.

I think AoS began to suffer from everything feeling like it was on 3/3 or better (after buffs), so whether you were against highly trained elves or a horde of squigs it all felt very similar.

Personally, I'd like to see more models like zombies actually need 6s to hit, but for their strength to lie elsewhere - for example, being really easy to regenerate and super cheap. 

In the very beginning of AoS 0, 4+ was the good average - hence why Stormcast and Khorne (elite armies) were on 2 attacks, 3/4/-/1. Quickly, everything began to tunnel down to more 3/3/-/1 profiles, and then rend became more common too. I think it ended up homogenising the game, and actually reducing the flavour (if everyone is super, no one's super kind of thing).

I don't think it'll happen, but I'd have actually liked to have seen more 'bad' warscrolls, so the average settles back higher, and truly elite models stand out. 

On of the things that makes this a bit problemetic is that the higher two numbers on the d6 are way way way worse then the lower numbers 2/2 being  25 out of 36.  3/3 Being 16 out of 36  4/4 being 9  out of 36 and 5/5 =4 out of 36 and 6/6 1 out of 36.  The drop of at the end is really steep. A 3/3 model is 4x as likely to wound as a 5/5 model.  So you could make them 4x as expensive shure but the are also lots of spaceing problems  whit  that manny models.   WHit the lower stats the units become useless at dealing dammage.  So they must indeed find strengts elsewhere like just gumming up the board whit bodies. But that might be hard to ballance. On of the thing is worrie about whit 4th is that whit moral gone it's going to be possible to just drown an opponent in bodies and  the game beeing over from turn 1 since there is just no way to deal enough dammage in 5 turns to have a sifnificant impact. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Two major things to note:

1: Emberguard (Ruined).

2: The icons shaped like evil Duardin heads. Including the Forge Anathema, which we know to be a Chaos Duardin stronghold. 

Those Icons also seem to be labeled as Hashut Forge-cities!

2 hours ago, Garrac said:

I think the timeline will look like this:

21st June: last Faction Focus article

23rd June: pre-order announcement 

29th June: start of pre-orders

13th July: release day

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

49 minutes ago, Zappgrot said:

On of the things that makes this a bit problemetic is that the higher two numbers on the d6 are way way way worse then the lower numbers 2/2 being  25 out of 36.  3/3 Being 16 out of 36  4/4 being 9  out of 36 and 5/5 =4 out of 36 and 6/6 1 out of 36.  The drop of at the end is really steep. A 3/3 model is 4x as likely to wound as a 5/5 model.  So you could make them 4x as expensive shure but the are also lots of spaceing problems  whit  that manny models.   WHit the lower stats the units become useless at dealing dammage.  So they must indeed find strengts elsewhere like just gumming up the board whit bodies. But that might be hard to ballance. On of the thing is worrie about whit 4th is that whit moral gone it's going to be possible to just drown an opponent in bodies and  the game beeing over from turn 1 since there is just no way to deal enough dammage in 5 turns to have a sifnificant impact. 

A related issue is the impact of modifiers:  -1 to hit on a 2+ is a 20% reduction in effectiveness but on 5+ it's a 50% reduction.  To wound is less likely to be impacted as modifiers are less common, but 5+ to hit always feels like a liability if there are any reliable sources of -1 (for example cover in 4th).

2 hours ago, Garrac said:

July 13, yes-yes

34 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

Verdigris wins the bout, as last city standing! Embergard is KO'd!

I also love that the Skaven have made progress in Shyish by dint of simply dying in such horrific numbers in the other realms xD

Genuinely my favorite part from the article. They're literally winning for losing!

9 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

HASHUT FORGE-CITY!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHimage.png.cc3b2b85760cdfd52ece9df3159c52c3.png

Easy list for 4th edition big/mid size releases: 

Stormcast

Skaven

Cities

Chorfs

Kharadron

Fyreslayers

Idoneth

DoK

Lumineth

Seraphon

Ossiarch