The Rumour Thread

I love the design pattern with all the prayers, they are different to spells because you are working on them for a future use. I will explain:

- Most of them are between 4-6, so they are hardly possible to get chanted with only a roll.

- The prayers have an overcharged effect that requires double invest on points.

So, for most of them you are gonna use opponent turn (using CPs) or multiple turns to use them, being prayers a future resource instead the inmediatly resource that are the common spells.

It is a beautiful and simple design,

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I didn't even see the damage doubling effect at first! That definitely makes her a huge threat against any kind of MONSTER. I occasionally ran the Ven Densts in my lists, and people were already respecting their rend 2 damage 4 shots on their WIZARD HERO MONSTERs. A big rend 3 damage 8 (!) shot will definitely make people pay attention.

It is red colour, so only in combat phase

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

A big rend 3 damage 8 (!) shot will definitely make people pay attention.

actually as a friend told me, it only works on close combat and not during the shooting phase (according to the red color of the ability)

Edit : Nezzhil 3 min earlier than me 😅

Edited by Vagard
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

3 minutes ago, Vagard said:

actually as a friend told me, it only works on close combat and not during the shooting phase (according to the red color of the ability)

I need to get into the habit of actually paying attention to the ability frame :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Oh well. My colour blindness comes into effect for the first time in 4th but damage 6 in combat is still pretty great. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I get why, but there is another example that this becomes a bit weird. Nagash loses 3 power levels if he is damaged, but the colour of that ability is black, so he would only lose that power level during the Start of Turn and not in the Hero Phase (yellow).

Another thing to take in mind is that passive abilities have their own tempo (read quick rules sheet from last Warhammer World).

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

Just now, Chikout said:

Oh well. My colour blindness comes into effect for the first time in 4th but damage 6 in combat is still pretty great. 

Had the same concern myself. BUT, there are also those little icons on the banners, so probably we'll have to look for those instead.

2 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I get why, but there is another example that this becomes a bit weird. Nagash loses 3 power levels if he is damaged, but the colour of that ability is black, so he would only lose that power level during the Start of Turn and not in the Hero Phase (yellow).

Because Nagash downgrade doesn't have any icon so it applies to all the phases

2 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Because Nagash downgrade doesn't have any icon so it applies to all the phases

That's a bit weird. Icons are not related to the phase, they are related to what they "are".

Knight Arcanum has an Passive ability that triggers on the Start of Turn, but it's icon is for "magic". I need to get used to this Passive Abilities

5 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

You have the ICON too

Yes I know. I'm glad they have both. I just did a quick damage calculation. With blessed weapons Yndrasta will be doing an average of 15 damage against a 3+ save. She'll easily kill a hellpit in one round of combat. Screenshot_20240521-233101.png.1d8836934ef23c44146a8c8dc3e707c0.png

Posted (edited)

So far i like most of the things im seeing

-Sentinels of the bleak citadel gives Ruination chamber units a 5+ward. Not many Ruination chamber units atm.
-Thunderhead host gives warrior chamber units +1 to hit if there is a non warrior chamber units wholly within 12. 
-Thunderstrike echolon gives first strike
-Vanghuard chamber,  we dont know yet.

I really dig the different unit roles. Like anti charge/ anti infantery/ anti hero. And now even anti manafesttion. Feels like 4th plays the way i would love SCE to play

One thing i dont like is a return of the D3 damage. That extra dice roll is just stupid. Waste of time.

Edited by Juicy

1 hour ago, OkayestDM said:

really like what they've shown off for Stormcast. Like in 3rd Ed, they have a low number of high quality attacks, but I haven't seen much by way of MW output in the revealed warscrolls - which is good. They're now also baseline 3+ save, which is very gratifying. With "Finest Hour" and "Bless Weapons" as limited but practical avenues to increase their their crankiness and offensive punch, SCE if finally starting to look like they'll play the way I always hoped they would.

On a side note, they kinda did Sacrosanct dirty by just ignoring them entirely. I mean, I get it, they were pulled from the range for a reason and will only have limited support going forward, but still. 

Tells us the kind of support beasts and BS are likely to get.

• Like 2

Much love to Yndrasta. Looks like it only took her a whole edition to finally become the monster huntress she was always supposed to be. 

Hopefully each and every unit in AoS 4 will get the same treatment. More rules that make sense pls!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I didn't even see the damage doubling effect at first! That definitely makes her a huge threat against any kind of MONSTER. I occasionally ran the Ven Densts in my lists, and people were already respecting their rend 2 damage 4 shots on their WIZARD HERO MONSTERs. A big rend 3 damage 8 (!) shot will definitely make people pay attention.

Agree. Frequently underwhelmed by Yndrasta in 3rd Edition.

Against a monster Yndrasta can now do -3 rend 8 damage in one shot, then 2x -3 rend 6 damage and 5x -2 rend 3 damage in combat.

35 damage in one turn to a monster. That's more than Krondys does.

Which looks great. But also kinda broken too. I mean how many points will she be? 400? 500?

(So glad the new rules aren't starting off on a ridiculous footing tho :D)

4 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

Much love to Yndrasta. Looks like it only took her a whole edition to finally become the monster huntress she was always supposed to be. 

Hopefully each and every unit in AoS 4 will get the same treatment. More rules that make sense pls!

Yeah. It looks like this edition's rules are very lore-friendly.

5 minutes ago, Mcthew said:

Agree. Frequently underwhelmed by Yndrasta in 3rd Edition.

Against a monster Yndrasta can now do -3 rend 8 damage in one shot, then 2x -3 rend 6 damage and 5x -2 rend 3 damage in combat.

35 damage in one turn to a monster. That's more than Krondys does.

Which looks great. But also kinda broken too. I mean how many points will she be? 400? 500?

Double damage is only in combat :)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

So does that mean All-Out Attack

can't be used for shooting attacks? Z6IzZlgj2WZUGGn1.png.2456b1823d0ddfc982274e407a0c3da3.png

Edited by Sealven
Spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OkayestDM said:

really like what they've shown off for Stormcast. Like in 3rd Ed, they have a low number of high quality attacks, but I haven't seen much by way of MW output in the revealed warscrolls - which is good. They're now also baseline 3+ save, which is very gratifying. With "Finest Hour" and "Bless Weapons" as limited but practical avenues to increase their their crankiness and offensive punch, SCE if finally starting to look like they'll play the way I always hoped they would.

Same, hoping we see a bit more unit synergy (like Vigilors shooting to give +1 to hit) but I'll also take that in the form of orders/traits.

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Three more attacks, better rend and double damage against monsters with her spear and she can charge 3d6. The only downside is that her ward is worse and she doesn't ressurect any more but she's going to do work in combat. 

the ward dropping to 5+ is worse for sure, I think/hope her ally buffs will go onto someone else

7 minutes ago, Mcthew said:

I'm not so sure... For an edition that's supposed to reign in the rend creep, every model in todays storm cast preview (and the chariot posted the other day) had a rend of at least 1, including the foot hero wizard!!

Rules do feel very much like 40K 10th edition. Though I wish they had kept the same terminology for similar things between games (like 6's to hit granting sustained hits or lethal hits). 

• Like 1

Just now, Gothmaug said:

I'm not so sure... For an edition that's supposed to reign in the rend creep, every model in todays storm cast preview (and the chariot posted the other day) had a rend of at least 1, including the foot hero wizard!!

Rules do feel very much like 40K 10th edition. Though I wish they had kept the same terminology for similar things between games (like 6's to hit granting sustained hits or lethal hits). 

At least to me it's kinda understandable for now. A 2-3 metre tall demigod in Sigmarite armour would probably hit hard enough to do some armour piercing even with a plastic fork :D

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Juicy said:

-Thunderhead host gives warrior chamber units +1 to hit if there is a non warrior chamber units wholly within 12. 
-Thunderstrike echolon gives first strike

where are you seeing these? article doesn't show them

14 minutes ago, Freemeta said:

looks like Stromkeeps are gone. 😢

might be the 4th battle formation? or a trait coming with the tome

20 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

I like the Knight Arcanum's talents being very focused around manifestations - that's neat.

At the same time, without even a warscroll spell, the warscroll feels really empty

• Like 2