The Rumour Thread

As stormcast player and having a nightahunt SC + some skeletons and vampires I love everything seen but I would like to see more kits for other armys... I know SCE make cash but theres a lot of models on the army, and I love love love this new chamber but I would like to see more ironjawz or new skavens or the new grots to all the people with those armys...

Btw I wanna see more heavy monsters on SCE, I have started Idoneth army just to have a monster focused army (and because I have many order armys and don't wanna start other Alliance for the health of my wallet), and it's true I feel a bit bored about gameplay of SCE but this chamber and magic rules maybe will make some cool changes on gamestyle... and as fantasy elves player I love the bolt thrower!!

Btw, new nighthaunt is awesome! 

Edited by Hoseman

7 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

As stormcast player and having a nightahunt SC + some skeletons and vampires I love everything seen but I would like to see more kits for other armys... I know SCE make cash but theres a lot of models on the army, and I love love love this new chamber but I would like to see more ironjawz or new skavens or the new grots to all the people with those armys...

Btw I wanna see more heavy monsters on SCE, I have started Idoneth army just to have a monster focused army (and because I have many order armys and don't wanna start other Alliance for the health of my wallet), and it's true I feel a bit bored about gameplay of SCE but this chamber and magic rules maybe will make some cool changes on gamestyle... and as fantasy elves player I love the bolt thrower!!

Btw, new nighthaunt is awesome! 

If every army was stormcast they could perfectly balance the game.

Check & mate chronic complainers.

15 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Can't wait to see what colour schemes people try on those attack hippos

Why? Why do gamers (nothing personal) always feel the need to apply silly little cute or shortcut names to things like this?  Grr.

Smh

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Why? Why do gamers (nothing personal) always feel the need to apply silly little cute or shortcut names to things like this?  Grr.

Smh

Because not everyone is as bitter,jaded or immature as you?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Can't wait to see what colour schemes people try on those attack hippos

Now you have me wanting actual Hippos in the game!

Seriously.  If GW was to add something like the giant Hippo beastman from Mierce Miniatures then I would dump tons of money on it!

5 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

I mean, it's not like we know the actual name of the things yet, and we needed some way to refer to them? It's like how people have been referring to "wizcast" for the past couple of months, because we didn't know they were of the Sacrosanct Chamber until today, and how Idoneth Deepkin were known as "Cthulhu elves" until they were revealed officially. People stop using the made up names once the official ones are revealed.

1 hour ago, Turragor said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attitude_(heraldry)#Rampant

The base of all heroic poses from heraldry to statues to models?

if it looks at the viewer, it isn't a lion in heraldy, but a leopard. So someone doing it must have not know much about heraldy.

8 minutes ago, Swooper said:

People stop using the made up names once the official ones are revealed. 

Am not sure, people around here still call stormcast, stormchads. And the slyers are called  strippers etc. Some names are picked up, but very often if a things gets named it sticks. I mean how many people call their  dwarfs steamhead duradins?

The stormcast stuff seems to look very stormcast, maybe the quad arbalist looks a bit w40k. But am not a stormcast player, so I don't know. Any army of mages/priests, or even just units of those can be very powerful. Or at least that is my expirance from poaying against tzeench a few times. I hope GW is going to make khorn stuff too. Maybe some range units or a behemoth like the ones marines have in w40k.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Karol said:

Am not sure, people around here still call stormcast, stormchads. And the slyers are called  strippers etc. Some names are picked up, but very often if a things gets named it sticks. I mean how many people call their  dwarfs steamhead duradins?

I've never heard any of those. Maybe it's just your group...?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Karol said:

if it looks at the viewer, it isn't a lion in heraldy, but a leopard. So someone doing it must have not know much about heraldy.

The stormcast stuff seems to look very stormcast, maybe the quad arbalist looks a bit w40k. But am not a stormcast player, so I don't know. Any army of mages/priests, or even just units of those can be very powerful. Or at least that is my expirance from poaying against tzeench a few times. I hope GW is going to make khorn stuff too. Maybe some range units or a behemoth like the ones marines have in w40k.

None of the guys in your group were in Toronto recently were they?

So I've not bought a lot of GW starter sets in general(only being in the GW side of the hobby for a couple of years), but is it common for the starter sets launching with a new game to include the full rulebook. When Dark Imperium came out for 40k 8th, a lot of reviewers made a big deal about the book in the box, but that may have been because it was the full hard cover version. The only other GW starter set I bought was Kill Team and it came with the mini 7th ed rule book(paperback and I think missing the lore book that was sold in the set). Just wondering what the odds are that the new Core rulebook will come in the starter.

2 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

So I've not bought a lot of GW starter sets in general(only being in the GW side of the hobby for a couple of years), but is it common for the starter sets launching with a new game to include the full rulebook. When Dark Imperium came out for 40k 8th, a lot of reviewers made a big deal about the book in the box, but that may have been because it was the full hard cover version. The only other GW starter set I bought was Kill Team and it came with the mini 7th ed rule book(paperback and I think missing the lore book that was sold in the set). Just wondering what the odds are that the new Core rulebook will come in the starter.

What happened up until 8th was that the Starter Sets would have a mini-rulebook, a little paper booklet that contained all of the rules for the game and nothing else; no fluff, no hobby content, just the full set of rules. They were actually quite sought after on Ebay and such by people who didn't want the models just because of how much easier it was to carry around and read through.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

What happened up until 8th was that the Starter Sets would have a mini-rulebook, a little paper booklet that contained all of the rules for the game and nothing else; no fluff, no hobby content, just the full set of rules. They were actually quite sought after on Ebay and such by people who didn't want the models just because of how much easier it was to carry around and read through.

That only happened for the last couple of editions.  Historically the starter sets have contained the full book.

Now the core rules for both games are only a couple of pages so I expect that the Age of Sigmar starter will have a full book.  The fluff that GW has added to Age of Sigmar actually makes it a pretty interesting setting but way too much of it is locked in highly expensive campaign books.  They really need to compile the main parts of the background into a new core book and I suspect that they will do that with this new starter.

Edited by Skabnoze
  • Like 1

I would imagine the new rulebook to be like the 8th ed book, lots of fluff, 8 or so pages of rules, a break down of the 3 ways to play, and some battleplans and times of war stuff.

Maybe if we are luckey the path to glory rules for everyone 

• Like 1