The Rumour Thread

Just now, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Has anyone heard anything about Chaos Dwarfs since the last time I asked this question? And if not do we know if KruleBoyz are getting giant Alligators and vultures as their monsters of choice?

Nothing new yet mate. No new rumours since actually, everyone is basically waiting for next Saturdays (hopefull) stream to tease some new minis.

I'm Gator Gang through and through but I was hoping the Vulture wouldve gone to Mawtribes. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lengthster said:

Did 40k have these going into 9th? Were they as bad?

They did have them, and the were indeed pretty bland, but so many changes were indeed weapon specific so it did feel less repetitive and tedious as these ones! 

I'm so glad they're doing another Online Preview as we predicated, my only hesitation is that it's not touted as an AOS Preview such as 9th Edition was for 40K.

Could be nothing but I really hope they spend the entire time on AOS, Underworlds and Warcry and not on 40K stuff.

Fingers crossed though!!

19 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm so glad they're doing another Online Preview as we predicated, my only hesitation is that it's not touted as an AOS Preview such as 9th Edition was for 40K.

Could be nothing but I really hope they spend the entire time on AOS, Underworlds and Warcry and not on 40K stuff.

Fingers crossed though!!

Don’t worry in the preview video they said it was Dominion celebration, just like they called the 9th one! Don’t worry Brodd, it’s only AOS, and I believe it’s very similar I. Structure to the 9th one! 

Edited by Deakz28
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

So the Preview will definitely be showing off the Stormcast/Kruelboyz.

Any other predictions?

• I think it's too early for Underworlds S5 even if it's landing in August/September. Maybe we'll get the new season's name like they teased Direchasm but showed nothing of what would be in it.
  • War in the North for MESBG
  • Thousand Sons vs GK boxset contents
  • Horus Heresy boxset.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Any other predictions?

• I think it's too early for Underworlds S5 even if it's landing in August/September. Maybe we'll get the new season's name like they teased Direchasm but showed nothing of what would be in it.
  • Horus Heresy boxset.

I’d say everything you’ve mentioned but I suspect the boxed sets will be hinted at and teased. 

1 minute ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I’d say everything you’ve mentioned but I suspect the boxed sets will be hinted at and teased. 

I think we'll see TS vs GK because they've already teased the set itself and revealed the codex covers.

Horus Heresy has already been leaked, so unless the contents are radically different to those pictures, there's no reason to really hide it since by then Dominion pre-orders will have been sent out.

7 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Any other predictions?

• Horus Heresy boxset.

It’s the Dominion Launch celebration preview according to the video. They did one for Indomitus too and it was all 40k stuff, so I imagine this one will just be AoS. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Still-young said:

So assuming it will be just AoS as the 40k one was just 40k, we will probably get the Warclans and Stormcast new battletomes, their remaining models and some silhouettes of other models to come. Looking at the 40k one all of the models they showed ended getting codex if I'm not mistaken. If the same happen to us we gonna get some ideas of which of the many rumors about the following battletome are true!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Still-young said:

Bit more lightweight than I thought but if we’re following this model we can expect:

• a glimpse of the stormcast and warclans tomes, with an idea of how different the AoS 3.0 tome format will be to the current ones
  • a kit or two for stormcast and warclans, maybe a few as unlike for 9th ed 40k we haven’t had as many previews of their other new kits
  • a montage of glimpses of new character models for subsequent releases, with a preview of whatever the next one is. Hadn’t realised how far out some of these were, the AdMech dude is only just out.

Maybe this is the juncture that we learn more about the new app as well.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 3

Bit apprehensive about 3.0 being as slow to get battletomes as 9th edition has.i know it's partly to do with covid but I have this horrible feeling they've gone back to their old model of a slow burn cycle of army books where they only just get all armies updated in time for s new edition.

Big believer that if theyre sticking with battletomes then they should all be about within 12 months

• Like 1