The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Certainly, we "know" we'll eventually get Grungni's "consolidated" Duardins, Malerion's Shadow Aelves, Kurnothi (as Sylvaneth thrid Wave ?), "consolidated" Orruk Warclans / Greenskinsz, and new Stormcasts (with hopefully common Azyrite Humans auxiliary if we do not get anything new for CoS proper). AND Tyrion and the other two Lumineth Temples.....

That's still a lot. I'd like to see updates for BoC, Skaven, IDK, Fyreslayer, maybe Ossiarch and Kharadron ....

Ever since that one incident where they accidentally referred to Daughters of Khaine as "Umbraneth" and quickly changed it, I am convinced that Malerion won't be his own faction. If/when he shows up he will be combined with DoK as the Umbraneth, to mirror the Lumineth and their twin gods.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

Ever since that one incident where they accidentally referred to Daughters of Khaine as "Umbraneth" and quickly changed it, I am convinced that Malerion won't be his own faction. If/when he shows up he will be combined with DoK as the Umbraneth, to mirror the Lumineth and their twin gods.

I just think they will share some units, but each be their own faction and battletomes, but some units may crossover since they’re closely related and from same land, but ultimately elites and etc will remain in their respective faction, similar to soulblight/legions of nagash and flesh eaters

4 minutes ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

Even if they are really doing that, I am curious to see who merge who tbh

Malerion is just too great a figure to be a sidekick for Morathi IMO

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

5 minutes ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

Wasn’t that faked? I’m pretty sure someone on Reddit or 4chan owned up to faking the screenshot that made the rounds. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

You seem to be sure about Grungni dwarfs faction. Why is that? 

AFAIK it's mentioned a bunch over all the different AOS media, and with Grungni still being alive it makes sense that he would create his own army or band together the duardin that still worship him. And with Fyreslayers being Grimnir's heirs I don't see why Grungni (and Valaya) wouldn't get their own forces, even if it is in a combined duardin book.

I know this can be unpopular, but I'd be all for more "small" factions like ironjawz and fyreslayers if that means we get more different concepts and ideas.
 That's for me one of AoS highligts, the day we  reach the point without new factions will be a boring one for me.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Red Bull said:

For real. I've been waiting to dive into AoS for Malerion. I keep thinking they will be "soon". I keep being wrong.

Unfortunately, AoS is a little to expensive for me to dive into an army for fun. I'm going to keep waiting for the one I really want. I have $900 of hobby money saved up. I fear blowing it on Hedonites now and then Malerion coming out later in the year.

Slaanesh is really tempting though.. stupid sexy Slaanesh.

For a long time I thought I would dive all in when they finally did AoS high elves. Then it happened and I realized the Lumineth didn’t give me the same jou as classic high elves did. Don’t wait for something that might happen. It might not turn out to be what you hoped for. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

21 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Even if they are really doing that, I am curious to see who merge who tbh

Malerion is just too great a figure to be a sidekick for Morathi IMO

To be fair, Broken Realms started with Morathi reaching godhood. Not to mention that, while she's definitely gone through some lows (especially near the beginning of Age of Sigmar) she's always actually been a pretty big player, and debatably a bigger player than Malekith (not so much in power but in her influence to the world) in the world that was by virtue of her manipulation and ancient age.

7 minutes ago, RamsesIII said:

To be fair, Broken Realms started with Morathi reaching godhood. Not to mention that, while she's definitely gone through some lows (especially near the beginning of Age of Sigmar) she's always actually been a pretty big player, and debatably a bigger player than Malekith (not so much in power but in her influence to the world) in the world that was by virtue of her manipulation and ancient age.

True. When you think about it,  Morathi was probably one of the most influential figures from the Old World, if not the most. She's the first domino piece that leads to the End Times. No Morathi means no dark elves, which means the alegiance between elves and dwarfs would not have broken, which means you have two powerful races at their peak to fight chaos instead of corruptible humans.

You like AoS? Thank Morathi

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Acrozatarim said:

I saw a suggestion that the next AoS novels will relate to the events of the new edition, so they're holding back from previewing them as it'll give the game away for what's happening next.

this is such a lazy excuse to me, there are really ZERO AOS books in the works that could've been shown today?

Yknow how yesterday I said I liked BL day cause nobody could possibly get disappointed? Yeah nah apparently I didn’t anticipate getting disappointed like this lmao. Then again, making books unrelated to the Imperium in some way is like passing a Kidney Stone for GW, so I’m relatively unsurprised. Best we can do is hope all the new AoS book are related to 3.0 and they’ll be revealed on Saturday, hahaha.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

this is such a lazy excuse to me, there are really ZERO AOS books in the works that could've been shown today?

There was this image doing the rounds that 'confirms' A Dynasty of Monsters is about Lauka and not Neffy at least. Not that it was revealed on the stream.

J4bWwY6.jpg?1

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Haha oh man that is comically sloppy. A new AoS book right there, one about the prominent character they previewed two days ago, and they can’t even acknowledge its existence or give it two minutes out of 45mins of 40k books. Bless.

Rather neat how they slipped a fancy dagger from the Tanith guys in with other rumour engines for vampires with similar blades. That’s fun.

Just now, Clan's Cynic said:

There was this image doing the rounds that 'confirms' A Dynasty of Monsters is about Lauka and not Neffy at least. Not that it was revealed on the stream.

[img]https://i.redd.it/r2suyoh4qyw61.jpg[/img]

that makes this even weirder... they could've teased the book cover and said a quick "we'll learn about the plot later this year"

2 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

...it's not an excuse. It's literally just someone's theory.

GW's 'reasoning' would be the excuse, not saying the person's theory is making excuses for GW if that makes sense. idk it's extremely frustrating that 40k already has two days, BL legit being a 3rd 40k day means I am no longer excited for tomorrow's specialty reveals.