The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, Mutton said:

Remember that collegiate wizards still have a rule for being from the realm of Azyr.

I'd bet money on Azyr being invaded by the end of this thing.

And the Chronomantic Cogs also share the AZYR keyword IIRC.

Regarding a possible assault on Azyr : 

- The Broken Realms series apparently likes to shake the background up, Azyr isn't safe from that point of view : 

- Destruction can feel a bit like the neglected child compared to the three other Grand Alliances. Having a focus on them in AOS 3rd Edition would be a great way to say : "See ? Destruction too is relevant to the story ! Gordrakk destroyed Excelsis and now strikes at Azyrheim, what both Archaon and Nahash failed to achieve..." 

We could also see Azyr for the first time as "playable place" in Broken Realms : Be'lakor, given the hint in the short stories.... (like BR : Morathi was the first time we saw a Map of the Realm of Ulgu........... :D ) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Gad dayum! I had no idea, cheers la! Seraphon Gargant vs Hairy Mega Gargant.

No worries mate!! It was perfection.

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

And the Chronomantic Cogs also share the AZYR keyword IIRC.

Regarding a possible assault on Azyr : 

- The Broken Realms series apparently likes to shake the background up, Azyr isn't safe from that point of view : 

- Destruction can feel a bit like the neglected child compared to the three other Grand Alliances. Having a focus on them in AOS 3rd Edition would be a great way to say : "See ? Destruction too is relevant to the story ! Gordrakk destroyed Excelsis and now strikes at Azyrheim, what both Archaon and Nahash failed to achieve..." 

We could also see Azyr for the first time as "playable place" in Broken Realms : Be'lakor, given the hint in the short stories.... (like BR : Morathi was the first time we saw a Map of the Realm of Ulgu........... :D ) 

Having Destruction be the ones to do the impossible would show just what a force they are to be reckoned with. Also shows what a little team work can do. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

19 hours ago, Popisdead said:

Wade Price already commented about 14 months ago, they are coming.  So the comment should be "When" not "if" and the thinking should put forth historically GW likes to release "wood elf" stuff about 11 years apart..  Last book was 2017.  Kurnothi should appear 2028... (sigh...)

But this is the crux.  What happens to Wanderers when GW redoes them as pan-aelves.  Since the Kurnothi models from Beastgrave have the Sylvaneth Keyword and the new Aelf hero has the Sylvaneth keyword on the warcard, I am guessing long term is merge Sylvaneth with Aelves and do away with old sculpts.  Not tomorrow,.. but one day.  They could also have stories of Wanderers turning into Kurnothi after the forgiveness of Alarielle.

Is this true? Any source that Kurnothi are truly coming?

A lot of comments of Allarielle in BR: Teclis seems to hint at Kurnoth.

5 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Gad dayum! I had no idea, cheers la! Seraphon Gargant vs Hairy Mega Gargant.

I like this, simply because it implies that King Ghidorah might be a Chaos Dragon!

Now if they ever release Chaos Dragons I will paint mine gold (might even try my hand at adding an additional head).

• LOVE IT! 2

59 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I like this, simply because it implies that King Ghidorah might be a Chaos Dragon!

Now if they ever release Chaos Dragons I will paint mine gold (might even try my hand at adding an additional head).

Aaannnd there's another project added to my backlog 😂

What about using Archaon and swapping the 3 heads. I still have mine to build aswell..... 

• LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Sorrow said:

Is this true? Any source that Kurnothi are truly coming?

A lot of comments of Allarielle in BR: Teclis seems to hint at Kurnoth.

Nothing concrete really but Kurnothi seems to pop up every once in a wild in models and books.

Cough cough wink wink reading

Spoiler

Dark Harvest

and getting hopes up....

45 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

I'd wager we might not see it til next week. GW has been, imprecise, shall we say with their 1st and last Friday of the month Underworlds articles that were promised.

Tomorrow and Monday are public holidays here in the UK so it may not be until next Tuesday at the earliest. 

56 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Looks like the FW greater daemons are going out of production. Might just be a glitch on the system, but some are appearing as 'no longer available"

@Enoby I had the same thing happen with some of their blood bowl guys, it’s what they’re putting on certain figures instead of saying they’re out of stock.

35 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

my GW store just put out an announcement that Cursed City will be a limited edition product, anyone else heard anything similar?

Doubt they'd invest money in a fancy website and multiple manhours on promotional videos for it to be limited.

What they probably mean is that due to Covid production/delivery issues that stock will be limited in the short term. Blood Bowl's latest edition had that issue for the first few weeks.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

my GW store just put out an announcement that Cursed City will be a limited edition product, anyone else heard anything similar?

GW the actual company has responded dozens of times to this question saying it isn't limited. Your store probably made a mistake/misunderstood/misspoke. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Blueraven84 said:

Nothing concrete really but Kurnothi seems to pop up every once in a wild in models and books.

Cough cough wink wink reading

Reveal hidden contents

Dark Harvest

and getting hopes up....

I read Dark Harvest and I adore it.  I also think, precisely because of Dark Harvest, that Kurnothi can not be properly explored if they are a expansion to Sylvaneth.

Yeah, Kurnothi do seem to pop up here and there but that is hardly a guarantee that they will eventually get their own faction.

For the record,  of all possible armies to come, I am hoping for Kurnothi the most.  But I have this gut feeling that they will basically stay like this.  Models in smaller games and a few lore mentions here and there. 

• Like 2