The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

They haven't changed have they.

And that is why you can never trust an elf.  Infact I'd go as far as saying that a pointy ear is Chaos' best friend, as it's only a matter of time before the actions of one of them will unleash carnage on an epic scale... half your work is done.

There’s no harm in pest control when some apes settle in your realm.  Good old paddy whooping in the ole prism sets them straight.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

There’s no harm in pest control when some apes settle in your realm.  Good old paddy whooping in the ole prism sets them straight.

See.. prisms... you're only one wrongly cut  facet away from Tzeentch or Shadespire with that sort of mentality... nope keep it simple and burn things.

Really enjoyed that story.  Hyshian sunglasses confirmed. 

I just really like seeing the views of a certain race/faction from the eyes of the outsider. Clearly the Lumineth's flaws are coming to, dare we say....... light. 

It helps drive home that there is no true Order, not in the sense of peace for the average joe. The down trodden will always be down trodden, caught between the ambitions and prejudices of Warlords, Kings and aspiring Gods. And I do like a bit of grim dark I do. 

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, novakai said:

Fun story. A nice little piece of world building, although there don't seem to be any big revelations or any foreshadowng this time.

Maybe we will get Settler's Gain rules for Cities of Sigmar in BR: Teclis, though? Hopefully along with rules for a Shyish based city.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

between the ambitions and prejudices of Warlords, Kings and aspiring Gods. And I do like a bit of grim dark I do. 

Agreed, and on that topic, I would really like to see more stuff from the side of living mortals in Shyish that worship Nagash. We see it in some of the Black Library novels and it is very interesting.

• LOVE IT! 1

Just now, BaylorCorvette said:

Agreed, and on that topic, I would really like to see more stuff from the side of living mortals in Shyish that worship Nagash. We see it in some of the Black Library novels and it is very interesting.

I really want to see that more too. The Undying King was my first view into Shyishian mortals and it was great. 

Also wondering how a joint force of human 'auxiliaries' and Lumineth 'masters' would look. I reckon Cathay models would fit in really nicely. 

21 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

I wholeheartedly welcome our new Lumineth Realm-Over-Lord

As long as they providing free lectures and seminars to help me passing  assessment 

My next assignment is due the 17th and I’m procrastinating so much. I do not enjoy research methods. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

At this rate we could end up with a "Cities of" book for every  Order God going.  

Would be awesome if Cities of Sigmar turns into "Cities of the Realms" where you can choose a patron God, which gives your armies certain buffs and restrictions, and maybe access to certain units from other battletomes loyal to that god.

You could build chaos cities, or cities enthralled to Nagash, Ghurish cities enslaved by Gorkkamorka, or Aelven captured cities like Har Kuran. 

This would be incredible. 

• Like 13
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I disagree. Lil Timmy's parents see the price close to £100, turn on their heel and go buy him a new video game or something. £50-60 is better placed to actually convince people to give the box a try. Most newcomers don't care about having an optimal/useable force yet (especially when they go on forums and everyone vomits metabuilds at them anyway) so much as bringing a box home and seeing what it's all about.

Spot on. I know this hobby is a 'luxury hobby', but we as community need that constant injection of new blood (and I'd argue most, if not all. of us got into this hobby as pre-teens/teens). I'm not a parent, so I can be self-indulgent when I really want something, but I am sure most parents would rather give little Timmy a Playstation game all his friends are raving about than risk that the £100 plastic men go unused (not to speak of the costs of paints, and purchasing larger armies...in many ways videogaming is the more affordable hobby these days!).

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Spot on. I know this hobby is a 'luxury hobby', but we as community need that constant injection of new blood (and I'd argue most, if not all. of us got into this hobby as pre-teens/teens). I'm not a parent, so I can be self-indulgent when I really want something, but I am sure most parents would rather give little Timmy a Playstation game all his friends are raving about than risk that the £100 plastic men go unused (not to speak of the costs of paints, and purchasing larger armies...in many ways videogaming is the more affordable hobby these days!).

Not to mention there is a lot of good free computer games, or cheap old ones (which are still great)

For those interested a new UK only magazine is going on sale for 40K. Like the Conquest series for AoS and the previous 40K one, this is another build-armies monthly setup

In this case a united Marines, Sisters of Battle and Ad Mech force on one side with Necrons on the other - along with paints and terrain. There's also some sign up bonuses including binders, paint handle, tools and brushes if you sign up within the first month (first 4 issues). Note that its a weekly magazine, but its sent in 4 magazine bundles once per month. 

https://www.warhammer40000imperium.com

https://www.warhammer40000imperium.com/wp-content/themes/warhammer40000imperium/im/home-intro-army.png

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Overread said:

For those interested a new UK only magazine is going on sale for 40K. Like the Conquest series for AoS and the previous 40K one, this is another build-armies monthly setup

In this case a united Marines, Sisters of Battle and Ad Mech force on one side with Necrons on the other - along with paints and terrain. There's also some sign up bonuses including binders, paint handle, tools and brushes if you sign up within the first month (first 4 issues). Note that its a weekly magazine, but its sent in 4 magazine bundles once per month. 

https://www.warhammer40000imperium.com

https://www.warhammer40000imperium.com/wp-content/themes/warhammer40000imperium/im/home-intro-army.png

I think these are good deals if you want everything. I’ve got infomitus and most of each forces units so I won’t be getting this. 

I should note that Forbidden Planet in the UK normally has a good supply of stand alone issues. There's a few models in there I'd like and if they are sold through that with discount I'd be after them (eg several necro units like flayed ones; spyders; tomb-blades)

4 hours ago, Enoby said:

Combat Patrols are nice as you can buy one and play straight away - you'll get some battleline and a hero, and hopefully something else to round out the list. Unfortunately they are quite a bit more expensive; still a saving, but not as good a one as a Start Collecting and saving or not, it can be much harder to stomach forking out £80 over £55. There's also less of a chance parents will want to buy one for a child's present.

It will be interesting to see how points changes and rule updates alter this paradigm. I could imagine that armies at the beginning of an edition's boxes being worth less points than those released towards the end. Although with 40K's point systems, I guess that would change weapon loadouts and other things beyond my ken.  I still imagine though that Combat Patrols will need more finessing and consideration than start collecting boxes here is a random assortment of troops that vaguely represent the idea of the army. Also I suspect that they will be updated more frequently upon the release of new editions? Unless GW works extra hard at keeping the contents of these boxes more balanced... which seems unlikely.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Athrawes said:

Would be awesome if Cities of Sigmar turns into "Cities of the Realms" where you can choose a patron God, which gives your armies certain buffs and restrictions, and maybe access to certain units from other battletomes loyal to that god.

You could build chaos cities, or cities enthralled to Nagash, Ghurish cities enslaved by Gorkkamorka, or Aelven captured cities like Har Kuran. 

This would be incredible. 

Please yes

3 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Really enjoyed that story.  Hyshian sunglasses confirmed. 

I just really like seeing the views of a certain race/faction from the eyes of the outsider. Clearly the Lumineth's flaws are coming to, dare we say....... light. 

It helps drive home that there is no true Order, not in the sense of peace for the average joe. The down trodden will always be down trodden, caught between the ambitions and prejudices of Warlords, Kings and aspiring Gods. And I do like a bit of grim dark I do. 

Well, some of their flaws have been brought to, ahem, light. But no mention of the wide spread Aetherquartz habit. Someone should write a short story about a Lumineth Aetherquartz den proprietor acquiring his supplies of Aetherquartz from his black market Skaven dealers.

• LOVE IT! 3

Start Collecting boxes were already *roughly* 500pts, but not necessarily Matched Play legal (which is irrelevant as a starter product anyway). Not all of them come out to 500pts due to costs as there seems to be a cap on total value within the sets, so those with lower army points might be a bit short, while things like Beastclaw might be a bit over.

additionally I detest the price increase they applied to Start Collecting boxes a while ago. They all used to be a set $165nz but now the price varies. The reason given in the announcement was that it would allow them to put more value into the boxes, but so far all we’ve seen from the price increase is less discounts. Hell, the Greywater Fastness start collecting box is $198nz where the individual contents are $80, $70, $27and $27 for a total of $204nz!

Combat Patrol boxes are more focused at being 500pts out-of-the-box playable Matched Play armies, and as such include some higher value contents. I don’t see them replacing Start Collecting boxes as they target different audiences