The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Just means you have to open the article to see the pic. 

Well, yeah... 

but it wasn’t like this before, right? It could be just a change in design. But could also be a hint, like when the machine went daemonic? Because it looks very 40k 

8 minutes ago, elfhead said:

Well, yeah... 

but it wasn’t like this before, right? It could be just a change in design. But could also be a hint, like when the machine went daemonic? Because it looks very 40k 

I think sometimes a change is just a change. 

Don't forget the idea of any website is to keep you on it to get you to open your wallet. 

Getting people to open the article allows them to recommend other articles and so on where they try to sell you stuff. 

12 hours ago, Overread said:

We don't know if it will be limited run or not. If it is then don't forget most of the content will be sold separately any way so its not as if it prevents people starting. 

Apparently on Facebook the devs said it will be apart of the regular line-up. So it looks like it won't be limited this time. :)

(Very good thing for players that want it but kinda already blew their hobby budget on shiny aelves with great hats/battle cattle & plus-sized gargants so need recovery time)

11 hours ago, Verminlord said:

Could be a Vargheist hero 

Screenshot_20201020-101110.jpg

This has my vote. In the delusional eyes of a noble knight jauntily walking the streets of Shyish those chains are fine chainmail ringing about  the flowing enchanted tabard that lifts him skyward to battle cowardly foes while an ivory trinket won in some far off battle is pinned upon the armor with pride.

So Vargheist hero patrolling the next AoS Quest is where I put my glimmerings. ;)

Edited by Baron Klatz

18 hours ago, plavski said:

RumourEngine130 Oct20 Content3a

My mind is aflame!

To me it looks like the membrane is attached to the bone crossbar by meta rings. So an vargeist or any (un)living creatures wing would be surprising to me. 
you can see it best just above E G in rumour engine that it goes through the membrane around the bone. 

so I’m guessing something artificial Like a banner, sail or terrain feature. 

23 minutes ago, Kramer said:

To me it looks like the membrane is attached to the bone crossbar by meta rings. So an vargeist or any (un)living creatures wing would be surprising to me. 
you can see it best just above E G in rumour engine that it goes through the membrane around the bone. 

If that were the case, the membrane wouldn’t be attached to the bone along the entire length of it, but it is. 
Someone on Dakka pointed out similar piercings on Be’lakor:

99810201030_BelakorDaemonPrince01.jpg

Edited by Still-young

4 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Apparently on Facebook the devs said it will be apart of the regular line-up. So it looks like it won't be limited this time. :)

(Very good thing for players that want it but kinda already blew their hobby budget on shiny aelves with great hats/battle cattle & plus-sized gargants so need recovery time)

This has my vote. In the delusional eyes of a noble knight jauntily walking the streets of Shyish those chains are fine chainmail ringing about  the flowing enchanted tabard that lifts him skyward to battle cowardly foes while an ivory trinket won in some far off battle is pinned upon the armor with pride.

So Vargheist hero patrolling the next AoS Quest is where I put my glimmerings. ;)

FEC that better embodies the delusion would be really nice.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Still-young said:

If that were the case, the membrane wouldn’t be attached to the bone along the entire length of it, but it is. 
Someone on Dakka pointed out similar piercings on Be’lakor:

99810201030_BelakorDaemonPrince01.jpg

Hmm could be. To me it does look different though. But who ever knows in advance 😅

im sticking with something artificial rather than a wing. 

Having now said this, with my luck, it will be an artificial wing 😂  

Edited by Kramer
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

I think so too

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Lowki said:

Not sure if that is good news. I just hope it doesn't mean you will not be able to buy the  Warbands included in the set, separately .

Warbands will probably be separate in time. can’t imagine that not happening. Especially with needing a second box to fill the extra points in a campaign. 
But it might not mean a separate terrain pack.  

If GW supports the second mode outside of the boxed set then you can expect to see them release expansion terrain packs for it and the rules on their own. Just like you can get the big rule book for the core game outside of the starter set for AoS. They will also likely release the warbands on their own, both as Warcry packs and also as full army packs (typically 2 sets of models without cards*).

*Noting that we don't yet know how the DoK band will operate within its main army in AoS. The Slaves to Darkness bands were all "chaff" units in their main army, whilst the DoK sounds far more elite and might operate differently. 

24 minutes ago, Overread said:

*Noting that we don't yet know how the DoK band will operate within its main army in AoS. The Slaves to Darkness bands were all "chaff" units in their main army, whilst the DoK sounds far more elite and might operate differently. 

Oh good thought. 
I’m guessing it’s going to be like the underworlds warbands. Usually a cool little trick but nothing so good it becomes a must have. 
so for the shadow elves maybe deploy anywhere on the board within 2” of a terrain piece. And +1 to wound vs heroes? Something like that would be my guess. 

Right now I wonder if they might be like an on-foot Warlock group. So essentially a skirmishing unit with spells, ranged and close combat attacks; but with a focus on perhaps sneaky spells and buff/debuff style influences coupled with a stronger close combat element. The sort of unit that starts the game off-table and then deploys into it; casts a shadow debuff that obscures enemy accuracy with attacks; then strikes hard with close combat attacks; whilst having one or two able to put out some shots before a charge/upon appearing etc... 

I think they are to Shadowblades as Idoneth are to Scourge Privateers. Or Kharadron are to the dwarf elements of the Ironweld. Another run at an old WHFB concept but in the context of AoS, and without actually involving their predecessor in any significant way (as opposed to expansions like DoK or Sylvaneth).

I'd be very surprised to see any more connection to or acknowledgement of Shadowblades in the Shadowstalkers' rules or background outside of maybe a line acknowledging how far beyond the assassins of the cities they are.

Edited by sandlemad