Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I have no basis for this, other than that there is no new plastic for Cities, and recently it's the only faction without Warcry, and one of the few without Underworlds.

So far, I believe it's only a matter of time before we see them in warcry in some fashion which is where I think we'll get the first new models for them. Personally I reckon we'll see them as a warband box similar to these new aelves possibly themed around them being a rag-tag mercenary unit made of humans, aelves and duardin either from one or a number of different realms or maybe spec ops from a specific city (probably Hammerhal) so that these brave men and women venturing into the heart of chaos makes sense (either seeking riches or being duty bound). They are so ingrained in the lore that I sincerely doubt they will ever get rid of them plus sometimes it's cool just playing regular dudes instead of demi-gods or bloodthirsty aelves, I mean look at how popular the Imperial Guard/Astra Militarum are in 40k.

Edited by Dirtnaps
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no evidence Cities is going away. If they wanted rid of those armies they would not have invested time in designing and releasing a book for it. They didn't have to. There's plenty that has been cut away.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I think it'll be Underworlds as that makes more sense for a treasure seeking warband than a sub-realm chaos nexus at the doorstep of the dark gods but that could also be a good way to show off stuff like Ironweld magi-tech mechs and Freeguild Chamonians in anti-magic realmstone armor with gholemkin in tow to ward off the worst of the chaos realmscapes that'd prove fatal to regular mortals in which it's a counter-strike force to weaken Tzeentch's grip on the realm of metal.

A Hammerhalian freeguild warband sounds like something for Underworlds & Warhammer Quest, seeking adventure, fame and fortune. Mix of humans, duardin & aelves with the Aqshy city side focusing on the The Goldcoat's attire and melee from magic forged weapons while the Ghyranians portion is druidic with support magic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

At this point I suspect you'll only be happy when they finally squat cities so you can dance on their corpse.

No, I'd be happy if GW puts in any effort of supporting the faction beyond its battletome.

56 minutes ago, 123lac said:

I reckon it's a safe bet that the cities will stay in the lore, particularly ones as widely known as Hammerhall. 

I agree that the plastic kits are in an odd place. Personally I would like to see a few new plastic kits for cities of sigmar released to give people confirmation that nothing dodgy is going to happen to the army. 

Any plastic would ease a lot of minds. Preferably a few, to make most subfactions more rounded ( like Devoted, Phoenix Temple, Serpentis and Shadowblades).

At the very least a hero for Devoted.

As for both ideas for warbands: This sounds perfect! Though with the Chomoan Freeguild, that isn't where the cities are (but I hope that'll be rectified).

I'm very interested whether the individual subfactions still have rules in the GHB. Freeguild could still be semi competent, if the keywords are fixed so you can take the allegiance.

Edited by zilberfrid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

No, I'd be happy if GW puts in any effort of supporting the faction beyond its battletome.

Listen, Hammerhal is well established city. It's like Altdorf (technically Azyrheim is, because it's a capital of Sigmar's realm but still). It's the biggest city in Great Parch and one of the most important. They won't destroy this city in-lore for years. 

And some months ago GW said on one of Stormcasts episodes that everything that got a battletome in 2nd ed will stay. You fear for nothing. why it didn't get new plastics? Two reasons: it was a personal project of one of designer and it already have the most plastic kits barring Stormcasts (58 to 60). And look how many players bought that battletome, it's probably one of the best selling ones. It will survive.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that the CoS BT was a test: if you buy it, we will continue with that faction; if not... well, "squats and friends" time. I think that they´re going to make some personal designs for the CoS models in the future, with full of new plastic kits, but now, they didn´t need it.

 

So... Is there any rumour lineup for AoS? You know, aelves and SoB are going to be here in the next months, but I´m saying that kind of comment like "one guy said 7 months ago that in 2020 we´re going to see X things, and so far, he is true on this and that".

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So technically speaking the Human models we recieve with the Mega Gargants will be the first plastic Free Cities minis for AOS?

  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

So technically speaking the Human models we recieve with the Mega Gargants will be the first plastic Free Cities minis for AOS?

The Excelsis Warpriest was the first. It was killed just before the release of Cities.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

The Excelsis Warpriest was the first. It was killed just before the release of Cities.

I suspect he's been mothballed until Devoted are brought back as the next Chamber.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

I suspect he's been mothballed until Devoted are brought back as the next Chamber.

No, there is a Knight Questor clearly based on the vastly superior Warpriest. He's dead.

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Don’t worry. I’m sure in a week or two the Realmlords will drop. 

I'm just holding out for the Sons of Behemat. They could even drop before the Lumineth or at least around the same time if they wanted to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Zoats either which is a bit surprising. Since that was "next" just before everything got locked down, I'd have hoped they'd have released that alongside the admech stuff. At this point they're just taunting the zoat fans who've been waiting twenty years for a new model.

I'm mainly hoping that they'll actually do the LotR made to order at some point. It would be a shame it we basically miss that as a result of all this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

No Zoats either which is a bit surprising. Since that was "next" just before everything got locked down, I'd have hoped they'd have released that alongside the admech stuff. At this point they're just taunting the zoat fans who've been waiting twenty years for a new model.

I'm mainly hoping that they'll actually do the LotR made to order at some point. It would be a shame it we basically miss that as a result of all this.

I'd say the made to Order will come after the Lumineth or at the same time. I'm a bit shocked absolutely nothing AOS is up for pre order and I do hope there is something next week at the least.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm just holding out for the Sons of Behemat. They could even drop before the Lumineth or at least around the same time if they wanted to.

They won’t, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Still-young said:

They won’t, though. 

Nay, they wont. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the compressed image of yesterday was obviously leaked by GW so they could share it today with a potato-cam joke right? Geez, are GW behind most of the leaks all along or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, alghero81 said:

I think someone mentioned before the new AoS could come together or pretty close to Old World, with a possible squat of the soup tomes in the new edition, assuming the scale of Old World would stay the same. Of course all speculation but wouldn’t be that bad in that case. Although I vote for smaller case so you can have quick and massive epic battles.

I could see Freeguild/Empire updates being a 2 birds, one stone thing. Given how they've built up the Cities and Freeguild aesthetic I doubt it is dying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Indecisive said:

I could see Freeguild/Empire updates being a 2 birds, one stone thing. Given how they've built up the Cities and Freeguild aesthetic I doubt it is dying.

I think I expressed myself wrongly, I didn’t mean squat like the plastic models are gone but like no new tomes coming out but only point adjustments. It’s not unheard of to have some armies skip an edition, happened in WHFB and even in AoS 1.0 many armies did not have more than 2 pages in the GHB. Saying that, Of all soups cities is the most survivable as it would stay until they have replaced most of those units with separate armies, that should eventually happen. Like a free guild army and so on. If, and a big IF, the scale of with Old World is the same, they may think that FW can keep supporting some soup tomes and then they don’t need to bring new models or books for a while. We just need to wait and see. The earliest we could ever see a new AoS would be summer 2021. I don’t think they would wait much longer as there’s really not much new content to add right now without adding new rules that would make tomes obsolete.

Regarding the Preorders this week was pretty much certain 40k only cause it just makes sense after yesterday’s news. Next week I would expect the Lumineth battle box and something else. Zoat will probably come with the last Underworld warband, DoK, and maybe there was something also for Aeronautica? There’s definitely lots also from Middle Earth and Blood Bowl to justify an entire week of specialist games after the main two games. I’m ready to bet Lumineth next week and specialist games within the following 2 weeks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Next week I would expect the Lumineth battle box and something else. Zoat will probably come with the last Underworld warband, DoK...

Uuuugh, I want my Ironjawz warband right now!!! 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alghero81 said:

I think I expressed myself wrongly, I didn’t mean squat like the plastic models are gone but like no new tomes coming out but only point adjustments. It’s not unheard of to have some armies skip an edition, happened in WHFB and even in AoS 1.0 many armies did not have more than 2 pages in the GHB. Saying that, Of all soups cities is the most survivable as it would stay until they have replaced most of those units with separate armies, that should eventually happen. Like a free guild army and so on. If, and a big IF, the scale of with Old World is the same, they may think that FW can keep supporting some soup tomes and then they don’t need to bring new models or books for a while. We just need to wait and see. The earliest we could ever see a new AoS would be summer 2021. I don’t think they would wait much longer as there’s really not much new content to add right now without adding new rules that would make tomes obsolete.

Regarding the Preorders this week was pretty much certain 40k only cause it just makes sense after yesterday’s news. Next week I would expect the Lumineth battle box and something else. Zoat will probably come with the last Underworld warband, DoK, and maybe there was something also for Aeronautica? There’s definitely lots also from Middle Earth and Blood Bowl to justify an entire week of specialist games after the main two games. I’m ready to bet Lumineth next week and specialist games within the following 2 weeks.

Yeah I'm not expecting the Sons up for pre order until July.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, El Antiguo Guardián said:

I think that the CoS BT was a test: if you buy it, we will continue with that faction...

We found it was a passion project of some of the design studio staff. It was probably green lit for a few reasons: it helped consolidate a lot of lines that weren't quite ready for retirement, supported the discontinuing of Grand Alliance: Order and helped tidy the website up considerably. It also gave every current model a home in battle tome which is a selling and accessibility point for the game as a whole.

I suspect that this range will change and evolve drastically as the new lore is realised but for it to go away altogether - possible yes but unlikely is my guess.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greyshadow said:

We found it was a passion project of some of the design studio staff. It was probably green lit for a few reasons: it helped consolidate a lot of lines that weren't quite ready for retirement, supported the discontinuing of Grand Alliance: Order and helped tidy the website up considerably. It also gave every current model a home in battle tome which is a selling and accessibility point for the game as a whole.

I suspect that this range will change and evolve drastically as the new lore is realised but for it to go away altogether - possible yes but unlikely is my guess.

Do note that the project changed over time. There is a reference to Freeguild Militia, and there's no page for Devoted (probably because you can't write the warpriests out, so it had to be deleted).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole AoS focus had a dramatic shift very early in its life; everything pre 2.0 was very bumpy and uncertain and 2.0 itself was GW cleaning house and sorting things out for at least the mid if not long term. There's some theory that Cities of Sigmar could be a bit like Legions of Nagash; however I suspect that when GW gets to pass it over with new and updated models we might well see more of the steam-punk styles come out then. So its perhaps an army that will life for a fairly long while, but will then get a very big change to the unit types and styles and appearances. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...