The Rumour Thread

6ec75d41.jpg

Those helms look fantastic in profile. The models in general look fantastic in profile.

A lot of great details too. I like how the champion has both his sword and his stowed lance. I like the aristocratic extended index finger on the sword as he signals the charge.

Also the line "though formally centre-aligned between the Hyshian gods, a more militaristic, Tyrionic influence is clearly prevalent" is an interesting one, says quite a bit about the thinking going into these dudes. Apart from Teclis himself and maybe Eltharion, everything we've seen for the Lumineth is neither outright Tyrionic nor Teclisian.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Angela said:

I have the Ibooks epup Skirmish book.  I had no idea that there were newer rules somewhere.  I did just look at the latest errata from the book, and the epup has been updated to include to the errata, so I assume the rules are current.  Is the the White Dwarf available as an epub?

it's not an epub persay, I've only seen pictures

Those new elves look so classic "high elves"...I don't know if I'm happy because I can bring back my old high elves or If I'm disappointed because of those soulless minis...I'm looking forfard to seeing the big beasties or the heavy stuff... ATM, this army is the exact counter part of OBR (infantry (shield sword lance) +cavalry (idem)...)

Love the dawnrider models, very dynamic and clean. I guess we’ll get more on the Teclis model next time and then hopefully a new model? 

I do wonder about the goblet on the shield and the mention of the a lance formation. I would love to see just a snippet about Lileaths void and possibly some influence of bretonnion grail knights. I wasn’t a fan of brettonnia but this was one of the more interesting bits of lore in the End Times which has always remained unclear. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Not sure about that. It seems that it has 4 limbs. 

That's why it is interesting 

This is further emphasised by the majestic phoenix design on the Dawnriders’ fluttering banner, though Neil also ensured that Teclian moons were commonplace on the miniatures to maintain the balance between the two Lumineth deities.

Edited by Whitefang
  • Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 4:33 AM, CommissarRotke said:

can't you use them in the skirmish mode anyway?  they have tabletop stats.

my only gripe with AOS skirmish is the updated rules are in a White Dwarf I can't find for a reasonable price, and no idea if they updated their ePub rules to be in line with that mag

https://www.warhammerdigital.com/all-products/white-dwarf-january-epub-2019.html

https://www.warhammerdigital.com/White_Dwarf/white-dwarf-february-epub-2019.html

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, xking said:

Mallus is the core of the old world and all stormcast have big monolithic fortresses called stormkeeps.  Also here is a random statement,    Gardus and  Hamilcar  are the best stormcast(and maybe Vandus if he ever gets his own novel, I'm looking at you Chris Wraight)

Yes on Mallus.  Hence the name: sons of Mallus. But you’re right if you meant they dark moon is a separate celestial object called: dharroth
3A178FDE-68E2-453E-8DB7-CFB1772F2806.jpeg.154b9f7eb90956faba3bfe3987667cb9.jpeg

No. On the monolithic fortresses. At least probably more stormhost have monolithic style fortresses . But they are called out for having them vs Heralds of Cassandora having more of an observatory.  (Also seem to remember the one they built in ‘soul wars’ is built in concentric rings)

9E670E0C-402B-4851-86C1-546EF00B3B0D.jpeg.7d10823c9379f50823dd6a2186e0e0d4.jpeg

Regarding the random statement. It kind of comes across like you’re trying to call me out on something. But I’ll assume it’s meant as a genuine addition to the conversation. So my response:  

Gardus I like. Absolutely. Al though an argument can/should be made its the whole command group dynamic. At least for me. 
I have a love hate relationship with Hamilcar. Something about the ’memoir’ style combined with his bombastic character is a bit hit and miss for me personally. Have read them all though. So he’s doing something right 😉

Edited by Kramer
Corrected for whitefang’s info.
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kramer said:

Yes on Mallus.  Hence the name: sons of Mallus. But it’s current a/the ‘moon’ over azyr. 
3A178FDE-68E2-453E-8DB7-CFB1772F2806.jpeg.154b9f7eb90956faba3bfe3987667cb9.jpeg

No. On the monolithic fortresses. At least probably more stormhost have monolithic style fortresses . But they are called out for having them vs Heralds of Cassandora having more of an observatory.  (Also seem to remember the one they built in ‘soul wars’ is built in concentric rings)

9E670E0C-402B-4851-86C1-546EF00B3B0D.jpeg.7d10823c9379f50823dd6a2186e0e0d4.jpeg

Regarding the random statement. It kind of comes across like you’re trying to call me out on something. But I’ll assume it’s meant as a genuine addition to the conversation. So my response:  

Gardus I like. Absolutely. Al though an argument can/should be made its the whole command group dynamic. At least for me. 
I have a love hate relationship with Hamilcar. Something about the ’memoir’ style combined with his bombastic character is a bit hit and miss for me personally. Have read them all though. So he’s doing something right 😉

The dark moon is not mallus, dark moon refers to the moon Dharroth (think it is spelled as such)

5 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

The dark moon is not mallus, dark moon refers to the moon Dharroth (think it is spelled as such)

Hmmm that would be a Big change to my understanding of it. 😁

I’ll look for a source. But I’m pretty sure Mallus is referred to as the dark moon as well. 
would make more sense though as the Mallus doesn’t rotate a realm/world. Which is in the definition of moon. 

Edited by Kramer

1 minute ago, Kramer said:

Hmmm that would be a Big change to my understanding of it. 😁

I’ll look for a source. But I’m pretty sure Mallus is referred to as the dark moon as well. 
would make more sense though as the Mallus doesn’t rotate a realm/world. Which is in the definition of moon. 

Here you go

The shinning one: Sigendil the High Star

The shadow one: Dharroth the Dark Moon

The red one: Mallus the Old World

400px-Age_Of_Sigmar_Map.png

1 minute ago, Whitefang said:

Here you go

The shinning one: Sigendil the High Star

The shadow one: Dharroth the Dark Moon

The red one: Mallus the Old World

400px-Age_Of_Sigmar_Map.png

Cool thank you! 
I in the meantime found this, but it’s sourced to the original Stormcast book. Which I don’t have. Might text around for a picture. Seems you are absolutely right:

7C31ACCE-B356-41AE-8F7C-AB4836CE654C.png.c57b47d6e98da935b7f6a5ddcbced67c.png

On 2/22/2020 at 12:13 PM, Kugane said:

I actually put my skaven purchases on hold until Eshin gets proper support. Its the year of the rat, so I have my fingers crossed for a big Skaven release wave.

both Skryre and Moulder could use a LOT of love... 

personally I'd prefer to see some new material for moulder dudes like packmasters,master moulders, giant rats, rat ogres, swarms since I doubt we'll see another reprint of the Spire of Dawn/Island of Blood sprues, but at least Moulder can be practically played as a solo clan on the table, whereas Eshin has nearly nothing to work with aside from ancient metal/resin models

In fairness Eshin was never designed to be an army of its own but more the assassins' wing of the faction. So they'd nearly always been a supporting or scouting role rather than fielding large armies of diverse units. That was down to the bigger clans like Moulder and Skyre etc...

Though I do agree the Eshin models we do have need an update. 

Reminder because it seems GW forgot its Black Library Week! ;)

You can now get the first of the daily new short stories - this one featuring the mysterious Idoneth 

https://www.blacklibrary.com/prod-home/black-library-celebration/the-harrowing-deep-eshort-2020.html

Or you can sign up for the whole set from the week here

https://www.blacklibrary.com/prod-home/black-library-celebration/black-library-celebration-eshort-subscription-2020.html

12 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I had to read the text twice too. They talk about the Phoenix on the shield.

As quoted above by Whitefang, they definitely talk about the banner, "fluttering banner". As you say correctly, they also talk about the shield, which has another Phoenix design, and is included in the picture with several close-ups above the banner picture. And the rumour engine piece also has a Phoenix design.

Seems like a "Light Phoenix" is incoming, and the dragons are reserved for Malerion. Especially as the Phoenix is connected to Tyrion in the text. 

Edit: 

Also - it's hammer time? 

Screenshot 2020-02-25 13.48.28.png

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 7