The Rumour Thread

Do u guys think this year will be summer box?? I mean last year was soul wars because of 2.0. The year before was SCE Vanguard vs Nurgle. Will we have this year for the forbidden power event maybe a new box?? or will they make new boxes like looncurse or carrion empire?

and other thing, GHB will be out next month so hope to see if sachrosant chamber gets touched on points

The summer box is Warcry - though we don't yet know what is going to be inside it. It could be a huge box with all the warteams in it or a smaller box with two or four with others sold separate.

Otherwise I'm sure there are more duel boxes in the waiting; but at present we've got Forbidden Powers (coming pre-order next week); sylvanath tome and release ( comes when it comes) and Warcry. 

Now between Forbidden and Warcry there might be room for another tome, but that might have been pushed out due to sylvanath being delayed. 

1 hour ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

So this fire dwarf and SCE mercenery is for the matched play or just the narrative play for Forbidden Power campaign?

They already said that it would be (in the warhammer community article), but it's not going to be competitive (same reason GA armies aren't usually that competitive, lack of synergy) 

11 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

Do u guys think this year will be summer box?? I mean last year was soul wars because of 2.0. The year before was SCE Vanguard vs Nurgle. Will we have this year for the forbidden power event maybe a new box?? or will they make new boxes like looncurse or carrion empire?

and other thing, GHB will be out next month so hope to see if sachrosant chamber gets touched on points

There are two kinds of GW box sets: 
One kind is the the starter box variety (Soul Wars, Shadowspear, Dark Imperium) that is all brand new, easy to build, monopose stuff
The other is the "we need to clear out our warehouse so we throw a bunch of old kits in this box and added 2 new models" kind.  (Blightwar, Carrion Empire, Looncurse).  

I don't think there is really a fixed frequency for either, I think GW is just really working with a super tight production schedule and trying to fit things in where they can.  With warcry coming out I don't expect a new "starter box" though 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Mercenaries sounds like its lmited to Flesheaters and Fyreslayesr only, I wonder if both were selling taht poorly that GW is pushing them a bit harder than other armies; then again they are two armies with some of the smallest rosters of models.  

Same thought I had as soon as I saw that. Even stranger that both are very current armies with brand new tomes. Personally, I always thought it was odd that they got new tomes, being they feel like small forces of only a couple of units. I liked the idea of more battletomes with more unique but smaller forces, but from I've seen from the rest of the community, people prefer the more 'soup' like battletomes with a mix of everything. I do wonder if both these forces, having such a select model count have put people off buying so heavily into them. Even though I like the more unique battletomes, I didn't buy either. I have models from both ranges, but they are all for conversions and I could never see me wanting to paint more than a handful of the models from either range.

I think the most interesting thing about the new book is their hint about the stuff to come. I think we all knew that we would see a return of high elves, but I suspect that they won't be the high elves a lot of people will want to see. But they still have a lot of models that are new enough to not be replaced, so we might still see classic high elven armies in some form. Wonder if the hint leads towards freeguild or devoted of sigmar. I don't see them bringing out a battletome for each, but think both ranges have large enough scope to get their own. We will see I guess. I suspect we will get a lot of new troops for the freeguild and only a handful of the newer old kits will remain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Overread said:

Mercenaries sounds like its lmited to Flesheaters and Fyreslayesr only, I wonder if both were selling taht poorly that GW is pushing them a bit harder than other armies; then again they are two armies with some of the smallest rosters of models. 

They worded this article very poorly. From the WHF liveblog:
New mercenary companies allow you to add a selection of narrative-led, thematic units to your army. Perhaps you’ll employ the Maneaters of the Gutstuffers, or a Gargant from the notorious Grugg Brothers.
Also worth nothing they say "Mercenary Companies"  is from the Generals Handbook 2019, not  Forbidden power.  So either they got one of the articles wrong (I suspect Forbidden Power is wrong) or Forbidden power somehow expands upon "Mercenary Companies" as found in GHB19. 

Also I doubt FEC is selling poorly now that it's one of the strongest armies.  

• Like 1

Price list from Dakka, note these are the GW/Recommended Retail Prices:

Forbidden Power €70 £55 $90 
Shattered Temple €35 £27.50 $45 
Sigmarite Dias €55 £40 $65 
Enduring Stormvault €125 £95 $160 
Timeworn Ruins €32.50 £25 $40 

Honestly have to say that Forbidden Power is more expensive than I thought it would be considering that Malign Sorcery is £45 at GW. I can only assume that the price rise reflects the fact that the models within it are larger than in MS and that perhaps its gone through the same price restructuring that the Getting Started sets did at the start of the year. That said its still a good deal and form 3rd party should be cheaper still. An affordable, if more expensive than before, set. 

The price though, might hurt it in acceptance, one cannot deny that the fast acceptance of Endless Spells was greatly boosted by the cheapness of the MS set. GW might even have done that intentionally and used MS as a loss-leader product, taking far less profit form it in order to help change player acceptance of a new feature. 

31 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Also I doubt FEC is selling poorly now that it's one of the strongest armies.  

Aye but Forbidden Power was likely written a year ago, so back then I'm sure both FEC And Fyreslayers were very weak lines compared to others. So it sort of makes sense that we'd see them boosted as mercenary forces ontop of getting new Tomes; esp as GW hasn't had the production slot for them both to get a big model update this time around. 

Mercenaries look really exciting. Glad Nighthaunt is getting an official entry into LoN since thats how most people were playing the models anyway. Looks like an exciting year for the game. I hope mercenaries are a core rule, I'd like to see less optional rules for tournaments. Especially when those optional rules could cost you around $500 in models that you would only sometimes play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Overread said:

Price list from Dakka, note these are the GW/Recommended Retail Prices:

Forbidden Power €70 £55 $90 
Shattered Temple €35 £27.50 $45 
Sigmarite Dias €55 £40 $6
Enduring Stormvault €125 £95 $160 
Timeworn Ruins €32.50 £25 $40 

Honestly have to say that Forbidden Power is more expensive than I thought it would be considering that Malign Sorcery is £45 at GW. I can only assume that the price rise reflects the fact that the models within it are larger than in MS and that perhaps its gone through the same price restructuring that the Getting Started sets did at the start of the year. That said its still a good deal and form 3rd party should be cheaper still. An affordable, if more expensive than before, set. 

The price though, might hurt it in acceptance, one cannot deny that the fast acceptance of Endless Spells was greatly boosted by the cheapness of the MS set. GW might even have done that intentionally and used MS as a loss-leader product, taking far less profit form it in order to help change player acceptance of a new feature. 

Ouch. €70. Not wanting to moan about pricing but that seems steep for a couple of spells and some rules that will get played once in a while. I'd like that scenery piece, it's damn cool but I think I'll probably pick up another Celestial Hurricanum instead to build the terrain and skip this one.

Tbh not super excited about Forbidden Power. Probably gonna be used alot, but all it is in the end is new inventive ways of dealing mortal wounds or -1 to hit/wound. That ribcage ladder is the only thing that looks interesting, might be some teleport function. 

Edited by Bjornas

The more I think about it the more I think Forbidden power looks a bit dull online in photos, but will likely grab a lot of sales when people see those big models made up and appearing on boards in their local store. Ergo that the scale of the models is going to play a big impact a bit like it was for Adepticus Titanicus - many weren't "wowed" by the Warlord  at its price point, until they saw one! 

I'm really curious about the terrain and spells, but a little concerned. I'm not a really competitive player by any stretch, but I also prefer to have useful tools available to me when I build a list. If one or two of the items in the box end up being universally useful (like the terrain being free and always being Arcane or the bridge allowing you to teleport units in the hero phase) then I'll want to pick the box up. That price point makes it really difficult to justify a purchase for one or two models though, and I'm extremely unlikely to ever use the campaign book. 

I'm also a little annoyed that they're putting these models in a campaign supplement along with universal matched play rules. It's yet another thing news players need to pick up (rule book, generals handbook, malign sorcery, forbidden power, army book) just to have everything needed to play. All the good we got out of a simple rule set for trying to introduce people to the hobby is being gradually beaten to death by all of these releases. I don't even want to suggest friends try the game out anymore because I can't imagine anyone actually being willing to get over the initial hurdle.

Edit: I should apologize though, I'm a bit of a pessimist and the way that they changed a few of the endless spells from malign sorcery really ruined the purchase for me. Hopefully this one goes better.

Edited by Grimrock
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This barely registers on my hype meter. Probably because GW hasn’t really hyped it.

so I am hoping there is more to come yet. At least lore wise I’m curious about the vaults, and what lists could be made with mercenaries etc.

Though I think I would prefer them spend this energy on battletome releases and factions.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Flesh-Eater Courts aren't broken anymore if anyone can take them ;)

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/05/13/forbidden-power-unboxedgw-homepage-post-1/

I'd will be surprise if they can still take mount traits, gristlegore court... that made FEC so strong. Now the question, how much of your army can be made out of mercenaries. 

On another note, I can make a Lethisian Defenders army. My (bad) habit of collecting random miniatures have been rewarded. 

• Like 1