The Rumour Thread

Just spotted this off FB too - looks like they've "optimised" some of the warscrolls to not have the picture on.  Interesting that they mentioned Slaves to Darkness in the initial blurb, but no warscrolls for them.

Somewhat excited!

edit: Just noticed - No Bloodstorm battalion in that listing!

Edited by RuneBrush

4 hours ago, Spiky Norman said:

via 75hastings69

“I am expecting Skaven later this year, and as far as I know there will be “some” repacks but also plenty of nasty new additions (I seem to recall it’s much more of a Skyre type affair this time around with new technologies/weapons etc.) but I wouldn’t be surprised to see some new plague monk type things. These currently seem to be the favoured skaven subfactions for GW, hopefully the new book will clarify what Skaven are like in the new setting and their backstory from leaving the old world and what they’ve done since arrival etc.”

I'd really like some new Plague Monks!

I have the current Battletome by never started Pestilens due to how outdated the Plague Monk plastics are.

Clans Skryre stuff sounds right up my alley too!

Edited by Circus of Paint

13 minutes ago, Aginor said:

Are there also new units mentioned? I don't know Khorne well so I can't tell.

GW confirmed that this is going to be a pure Battletome release with no new models.  Quite a few new Battalions in that index and pages 76 ~ 98 are all brand new :)

I'm curious what page 53 - Bestial Horrors is about...

• Like 3

New Rumor Engine

RumourEngine29Mar.jpg

Anchors or something similar digging through the ground? Maybe a chain dragging behind something? Could very well be from the Nurgle release (something hanging off of Mortarion?), though it could also be an AoS thing easily. The design lends itself to Destruction or Death more than anything from AoS but who knows.

That Skaven rumor from Hastings is enough to satisfy my gnaw-hunger for ratmens for months to come. Just knowing that something is potentially on the way for my favorite little ****** will get me through all the wonderful new stuff that is going to come out between now and then...

• Like 1

Hmm... I think that all those batallions its a little overkill. I have prefered more pages of Lore and History, but well. Priorities and all that. 
A shame they don't include Slaves to Darkness units.

Edited by Galas