The Rumour Thread

Malerion has and artwork and it looks anything like that but that doesn't mean a thing. 

But could be Tyrion - sigils of winds of magic makes sense as he is connected to Teclis as well and is blind so that could be his eyes. 

Also maybe Araloth is set to make a return ? 

Hastings popped up over on Atia's blog to say that it looked like the shadow Aelves. He made it clear that he has not seen any models just been told about them. The somewhat tentacle like ears may be a hint.

He also said that there was at least one airship in the Duardin release (maybe a dual build) and that he expects them at the end of March. He said he has not seen those models either.

Really hoping force reveal in the next 2 or 3 days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Hastings popped up over on Atia's blog to say that it looked like the shadow Aelves. He made it clear that he has not seen any models just been told about them. The somewhat tentacle like ears may be a hint.

He also said that there was at least one airship in the Duardin release (maybe a dual build) and that he expects them at the end of March. He said he has not seen those models either.

Keep in mind, though, that this is the "Guilliman release week". As usual on Gathering Storm release weeks, Warhammer Community/TV will be focused on marketing that product, including uploading a video for each of the members of the triumvirate. Not sure if they will feel like losing focus if they reveal the Steamhead the same week. At the same time, we had a very telling Rumour Engine last week, so it would be only natural to make this one a "mystery solving" Rumour Engine. That being the case, on the worst case scenario I would expect mostly silence this week and a trailer/teaser on Friday. Best case scenario, full reveal on Wednesday via Warhammer TV/Community. All of this excluding leaks, of course.

• Like 1

I don't know if its relevant at all but have aelves always had solid eyes and such a non flesh tone skin color? Is this a new direction that GW plan on taking the aesthetic or does this seem specifically for this model. It almost looks like a grey goblin or a seraphon.

2 hours ago, AAL said:

I don't know if its relevant at all but have aelves always had solid eyes and such a non flesh tone skin color? Is this a new direction that GW plan on taking the aesthetic or does this seem specifically for this model. It almost looks like a grey goblin or a seraphon.

My bet is Tyrion he is blind now.

I do not think the adepticon teaser image is part of an actual portrait, going by the background and straight on perspective (rare in the usual GW action shot style). It is far more reminiscient of the various "icon" style representations we tend to get from GW. As such. it would not be a direct representation of any individual or miniature, thus the metal is not necessarily a mask, nor the eye or skin color necessarily representative.

I am placing my bet on it being an iconic representation of Malerion.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chikout said:

Cool thanks for that @Chikout - Hastings has always been a very reliable source so if he is saying end of March that gives me confidence.

Apparently Hastings posted this a couple weeks ago.

BTW Bob have you guys heard anything about the slightly Cthulu/Deep One elves (Aelves) due out later this year? (After Steamheads, which I think are next - oh and there's chat of some skaven stuff too iirc)

Tomorrow? Maybe tomorrow...though I'm sure they don't want to ruin the Primarch release either.

Don't tease me with your flirty words Dez! I would just love some sort of concrete evidence of them at this point as everything else is Chinese whispers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

They are pretty cool, I am hoping the blood bowl dwarf aesthetic is a good indicator of the quality as those sculpts are really pretty. If the rumours are to be believed my pay day will tie in with the release and I may be pre ordering a whole bunch of stunties.
The titan forge guys would make some great alternate models though it feels odd to be saying that having not even seen the standard models yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1