The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Valrak was talking about Fimirs on his stream recently, but he said for Kill Team? He himself seemed unfamiliar with Fimirs - I personally can’t see them return, but then 10 years ago if you told Me Nagash would get a big plastic kit and the Primarchs would be returning to 40k I’d have poured all the Salt out of my cupboard to have that conversation. 

No idea about his streams but at least in his videos he never said anything about Fimir in Kill Team (Wouldn't make sense anyway) 

But as far as I remember he did say something about Fimir back when they where removed from FW or even earlier but I can't remember what it was.

The new clanrats are pretty fantastic I think, way nicer than the last kit which were pretty good I recall at the time. Always like the WHU band, and it's nice to see them evolve even further. Having seen the engineer and big gun sprue though, I actually think this might be an example where the paint job is elevating the sculpt. I see paint jobs getting a lot of flak so important to talk it up I think, 'eavy metal do a fantastic job.

They have got me far more excited for the launch box, which I'd already decided I wasn't getting after seeing the Liberators. As a SCE collector since the start of 1st edition and with a sizeable sacrosanct force, if it's largely a refresh of the 1st ed box then I've got enough models. 

I have to say I want to buy stuff to get ready for 4th ed so I've a new army to play for the edition, but I don't feel like I know what to buy. BoC, BS and Sacrosanct, despite logically knowing they've rules support for the next year, has definitely had an impact on my confidence. I feel Lumineth, Hedonites or OBR are safe bets though.

3 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I hope we get an article. I think people need it looking at the last few pages of this topic! :D 

If content is needed I am here to provide it!

A better look at the images from the newsletter:

DVNEjh6oGscIgig0.png
I find it curious how the back side of the axe simulates the ruination flames. Also, the Gryph-Stalker is clearly a crow.

For the Skavens one, I find it interesting that he has a spear made of warpstone:

Zg3bq6f1nSVMRHDX.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

4 minutes ago, Starfyre said:

The new clanrats are pretty fantastic I think, way nicer than the last kit which were pretty good I recall at the time. Always like the WHU band, and it's nice to see them evolve even further. Having seen the engineer and big gun sprue though, I actually think this might be an example where the paint job is elevating the sculpt. I see paint jobs getting a lot of flak so important to talk it up I think, 'eavy metal do a fantastic job.

They have got me far more excited for the launch box, which I'd already decided I wasn't getting after seeing the Liberators. As a SCE collector since the start of 1st edition and with a sizeable sacrosanct force, if it's largely a refresh of the 1st ed box then I've got enough models. 

I have to say I want to buy stuff to get ready for 4th ed so I've a new army to play for the edition, but I don't feel like I know what to buy. BoC, BS and Sacrosanct, despite logically knowing they've rules support for the next year, has definitely had an impact on my confidence. I feel Lumineth, Hedonites or OBR are safe bets though.

IMO if we have to qualify two armies as the safest ones it is either CoS, with the new range, or S2D. For me, they look like the top 2 in terms of releases for the future.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

No idea about his streams but at least in his videos he never said anything about Fimir in Kill Team (Wouldn't make sense anyway) 

But as far as I remember he did say something about Fimir back when they where removed from FW or even earlier but I can't remember what it was.

Valrak says a lot of wrong stuff.

If Fimirs return, it will be with a strong retcon of their background that, let's be honest, isn't really "safe for everyone". There's some really dark stuff in there.

I guess they'd make a nice Warcry band, easy to insert in Slaves to Darkness (they're pretty much the oldest worshippers of Chaos Powers), rather than a whole army right out of the hat.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Starfyre said:

Without opening fresh wounds, as GW can change anything whenever they want to (dropping Fantasy to create Age of Sigmar for example), I can say advice I was given years ago - If unsure what to go for due to worries about changes, go for the latest newest thing. So I would say any Stormcast and Skaven models you buy on release will be fine. But always remember that GW's business model is to get players to go and buy new stuff with changing how the rules work (such as a new edition or revised battletome). 

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I find it curious how the back side of the axe simulates the ruination flames. Also, the Gryph-Stalker is clearly a crow.

For the Skavens one, I find it interesting that he has a spear made of warpstone:

I like all of this but in these cases always put it as artistic licence. The rules may not work that way, but it looks cool if you painted it that way :D 

Just now, Sarouan said:

Valrak says a lot of wrong stuff.

Just to say again - I love how enthusiastic Chapter Master Valrak is and I do enjoy watching most of his videos as you can get a creative hobby buzz off them, BUT he is a Content Creator who's job is to get you to watch his videos. 

• Like 1

@Whitefang has me concerned for Mawtribes now. If we dont get a major range refresh in 4.0 thatll be 13 years of AOS with only 2 character minis and a terrain piece barring whatever single model they get if there is no refresh.

Id honestly leave AOS if they rid themselves of Ogors.

36 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Valrak was talking about Fimirs on his stream recently, but he said for Kill Team? He himself seemed unfamiliar with Fimirs - I personally can’t see them return, but then 10 years ago if you told Me Nagash would get a big plastic kit and the Primarchs would be returning to 40k I’d have poured all the Salt out of my cupboard to have that conversation. 

Fimirs in 40k KT does'nt make senses though...maybe he misheard the rumor(Fimir for warcry?for aos?).

15 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I like all of this but in these cases always put it as artistic licence. The rules may not work that way, but it looks cool if you painted it that way :D 

While I agree that sometimes there are artistic licenses, this time I think those are 1:1 illustrations made once the miniature models were ready.

7 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Fimirs in 40k KT does'nt make senses though...maybe he misheard the rumor(Fimir for warcry?for aos?).

Fimir for Old World if anything. AoS players don't care about Fimir (by and large) and 40k players double don't care. TOW is the nostalgia-driven "remember this?" game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Fimir for Old World if anything. AoS players don't care about Fimir (by and large) and 40k players double don't care. TOW is the nostalgia-driven "remember this?" game.

Plus the Old World core rulebook directly mentions Fimir. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Plus the Old World core rulebook directly mentions Fimir. 

Well, since I've got litteraly a dozen of the FW ones, plus the FW Fimirach and an old Mearch, I'd just like to have a game system to play them, as count as or with legit rules, and I don't care if this is in AoS or in TOW 😅

And I know there are legend rules for them, but the warscroll has at least one blatant mistake and I could not get them to change it despite mailing client service various times 😔

Edited by Swamp Trogg

1 hour ago, Ookami said:

What if weird things Whitefang told us about is Warhammer multiverse. Imagine tyranids assaulting Shyish? Or maybe nighthaunt appearing on some of Imperium worlds? Space marines unite with Stormcast to battle Abaddon and Archaon. Or maybe Skaven exploding the Eye of terror causing a massive warpquake all over the galaxy? Perhaps Idoneth joining Tau? And many many more. Even could be crossovers with other universes like Star Wars or Marvel. Just imagining, no serious stuff.

A Marvel style Multiverse for warhammer would honesty be really lame. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

@Whitefang has me concerned for Mawtribes now. If we dont get a major range refresh in 4.0 thatll be 13 years of AOS with only 2 character minis and a terrain piece barring whatever single model they get if there is no refresh.

Id honestly leave AOS if they rid themselves of Ogors.

In the other thread @Nezzhil said Ogors are "very safe" next edition. They are occasionally a touch rumour mongery. They then posted the "hungry" post. I suspect they know something to do with Ogors. 

• Like 2

If something, the Warcry warband for Ogors is a good sign : neither BoC or Bonesplitters got one.

On the other hand, the refresh could be limited, like keeping all the plastic and only changing what's in resin (yethees, maneaterd, butcher, etc), plus one or two new characters, like Glittermaw for exemple 🤔

1 hour ago, GrimDork said:

It’s funny, when they blew up TOW I wondered at the time if they were going to do a Warmahordes style mash of sci-fi and fantasy settings. The rumoured lore was something like “bubbles of reality” which turned out to be the realms but I remember thinking will they try and merge 40k and WFB together!

Yeah, I remember there were various stories going around that that might happen. Probably spurred by the early revelation that round bases were going to be a thing. So glad it never happened....

.... yet. 

44 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

IMO if we have to qualify two armies as the safest ones it is either CoS, with the new range, or S2D. For me, they look like the top 2 in terms of releases for the future.

I wouldn't be so certain about s2d, I'd bet more on idoneth, fyreslayers or kharadron getting a release wave

1 minute ago, Swamp Trogg said:

If something, the Warcry warband for Ogors is a good sign : neither BoC or Bonesplitters got one.

On the other hand, the refresh could be limited, like keeping all the plastic and only changing what's in resin (yethees, maneaterd, butcher, etc), plus one or two new characters, like Glittermaw for exemple 🤔

And it was not a mix-and-match warband, a proper replacement for a unit from the main game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chikout said:

In the other thread @Nezzhil said Ogors are "very safe" next edition. They are occasionally a touch rumour mongery. They then posted the "hungry" post. I suspect they know something to do with Ogors. 

My mantra is: if the rumour say something about a Legend faction then is fake

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Luperci said:

I wouldn't be so certain about s2d, I'd bet more on idoneth, fyreslayers or kharadron getting a release wave

Probably FS or ID would get a release wave earlier, indeed, but as an overall faction, S2D seem way safer than those, IMO.

Both CoS (since the new release) and S2D seem to be the base of many stories nowadays and I think this would be the new ground where most of the lore will start or take place.