The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Acrozatarim said:

So what's the end goal, I wonder?

End goal is to make AoS and TOW ranges clearly distinct, so that sales stats can be analyzed more precisely for future budget for both projects. I suspect that's the real reason.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

Just now, Ejecutor said:

An interesting point is that Dawis are not there. So maybe CoS get a second wave soon to get them out. Otherwise, I don't understand anything about what stays and what does not between AoS and TOW.

Yeah, it's absolutely odd. Dryads aren't listed either, but the Branchwraith is going. I can only assume they'll be replaced with new kits soon? But Dwarfs are the next TOW release, and we've seen they really don't want the two systems having any overlap, so...huh.

Preface this by saying that it's good theyve announced this and that there will be rules going up to 2025.

On the other hand half this stuff is laready sold out. It would have been nice to have a bit more notice in that regard.

I'm quite dejected about the about the Sacrosanct stuff going. It's by farmy favourite part of the range and particularly EvoCats going sucks. I know I can proxy stuff but it still kind of sucks.

Obviously BoC and Bonesplitterz players have it worse with thier army just dissapearing.

I get it. It just kind of sucks.

• Like 1

Yeah, I assume a lot of the Stormcast getting cut are either getting Thunderstrike replacements soon, or getting an equivalent sort of unit in the Ruination chamber. I expect the latter is what's replacing a lot of Sacrosanct stuff, and you basically be able to use those old models for the new stuff if you want.

• Like 1

As disappointing it is to see BoC on that list. I'm more shocked by all the Warcry warbands.

What was the point in collecting these? (Yes I know they're useable right now and represented something cool in the past).

They were just so unique. Yes they don't really fit an overall theme, but this was a great chance to really diversify Chaos and it's different representations. It feels so weird to just ditch them. Especially Horns of Hashut. If of course they're going to be rolled into Chaos Duradin, but if not, what a bizarre unit to release with no context or wider implication and then just take away.

Am I reading too much into that one?

• Like 5

Darn wasn't expecting sacrosanct, I know they probably have loads of thunderstrike and ruination models coming and the bloat would be bad. Bud dang that hurt.

Suprised dawi remain, still a sad day for boc and bonesplitters and all those underworld warbands.

2 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

As disappointing it is to see BoC on that list. I'm more shocked by all the Warcry warbands.

What was the point in collecting these? (Yes I know they're useable right now and represented something cool in the past).

They were just so unique. Yes they don't really fit an overall theme, but this was a great chance to really diversify Chaos and it's different representations. It feels so weird to just ditch them. Especially Horns of Hashut. If of course they're going to be rolled into Chaos Duradin, but if not, what a bizarre unit to release with no context or wider implication and then just take away.

Am I reading too much into that one?

I hope the warcry warbands are reboxed with warcry cards, I'll be sad to lose those kits

• Like 1

Well, I guess it does mean after all that TOW releasing is bad for AoS as a whole. Apparently they can't continue to support BoC and Bonesplitterz for AoS but can happily support them for TOW? ******.

And I would get if the Warcry warbands got a little more consolidated rules, but they brought so much character and diversity to the StD range. And now they just all need to go.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

Interestingly, Horns of Hashut band are out too. Maybe because they may join another battletome later ? After all, they're not slaves to "darkness", more "bulls, fire and ashes"... ;)

For Cities of Sigmar...maybe they'll make another annoucement soon when the TOW dwarves will be close to release....

The dwarfs will probably be out before 4th edition so it would be weird to wait to announce those cuts. I think the Duardin are safe. 

As for Stormcast, I'm sure we'll see updates for the warrior chamber but I think the Sacrosanct are just gone. I really hope they are doing more cavalry. I really love those Dracolines. 

On the Skaven side, I think that list from @SG Warhound is looking more and more accurate. 

I am somewhat happy that GW are doing what I asked and doing digital battletomes. They are even keeping them tournament legal for a year which is more than they've done for the legacy old world factions. 

• Like 1

Savage orcs are just gone.

They aren't supported in ToW, you can technically upgrade orcs to behave as savage orcs but they aren't named as such. The article makes no mention of the range being moved to ToW. What a shame. 

I'm surprised so much SCE stuff is being cut, but probably a good idea to do it one clean break. 

Edited by Dindi
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Early warning of what's going away in 4.0. It's official, Beasts of Chaos and Bonesplitters are off to the great Old World in the sky, at least for competitive play.

To all of you who told me GW had no plans for BOC and Bonesplittaz in AoS4 and that they were getting the axe when I was saying they "probably had plans for a refresh", you were right. I was too high on hopium. RIP Beastlord (2023-2024).

But holy ******, I was not expecting this level of fat trimming. The entire 2nd edition SCE releases gone ? All the old Warcry bands ? 2 whole armies ? That's very extreme. Some very recent sculpts are going down including centerpiece models.

its over.png

• Haha 1
  • Sad 5

Pretty bad timing for the article. We know some of those removed units would get a replacement. GW should have shown those replacements, as well, to clearly know which ones are "staying" and which ones aren't. It would have helped to calm the waters a bit.

• Like 4

That was a hard read, seems like many of my models survived but I will need to make plans for my SCE Ballista (Castigors and Sequitors are simple proxies thankfully), and I will run my S2D Warcry units as Darkoath marauders. I was actually a little anxious about my beloved Beastclaw Raiders and will remain so with the attitude GW shows between AOS and Old World.

As for my beloved Beasts:

Edited by Neverchosen

Excuse me moderators but *** u GW. 

U are killing one of the only new (made for AoS) Khorne's named characters in DW 6.

U are kicking off Scyla and Valkia. 

So, there will be NO named mortal heroes for Khorne except Skarr Bloodwrath? 

Good job, Games Workshop, good! 

Keep going. 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Snarff said:

That's horrible. BoC and Bonesplitterz just gone without any good reason. Arbitrary selection of Warcry warbands gone, even some very recent ones. The entire quite recent Sarcosanct range cut with no replacement. All those old Stormcast gone.

It really feels like no faction is safe AGAIN. Which is horrible, makes me way more hesitant to buy anything in the future.

The only thing that should make you feel like that is Sacrosanct going away.

BoC received one new army model in all of AoS and was telegraphed by TOW news. Warcry stuff was for Warcry - just also got AoS rules. They’ve now made a hard pivot since the first round of Warcry so that units do fit in with their armies.

• Like 1

Yeah, can't help but feel just a tiny little bit vindicated. I found it pretty surprising how many people pushed back on what was clearly going to happen with BoC, Bonesplitterz. I've been arguing for weeks that this was going to happen. BoC to ToW. The Skaven are no surprise. A decent amount of SCE which shows to me that the AoS design studio is trying to stay on top of bloat for the range (which I think is a good thing) 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

I wonder why they deleted sacrosanct but not deleted vanguard and extremis chambers. And it is more curious as even Space marines codex retained old models for a while. Too rough for SCE players. But I think they will be reworked in future. 

• Like 1

Not a great move for those folks who started collecting Stormcast with the Mortal Realms magazine. The majority of Stormcast was that will be going away.

Hopefully they might have an article about what the older models can be proxied as, once we know more details.

• Like 3

Yikes. So sorry for BoC and Savage orc players. And I wish that they'd clarify if the warcry bands will remain in production for warcry, or if theyre being removed all together

• Like 1