The Rumour Thread

I'm late to the discussion, but as somebody who was quite looking forward to Thunderstrike Liberators, I'm not the biggest fan of them.

I don't think anymore needs to be said about the Handsome Squidward helmets, but the one-handed hammers feel ridiculously big, even by Warhammer standards - closer to Warcraft than anything. I think it's especially jarring when Thunderstrike has tried to give them more realistic proportions, so it stands out more.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Btw, this detachment thing will then mean that master moulders will still be a thing, either with an updated mini, or the old resin ones kept around for a while, like firesights and vespids on the tau army. This brings me more mental peace towards the future of the skaven clans, at least until the armybook releases.

Edited by Garrac
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

but the one-handed hammers feel ridiculously big

They're definitely big, but they don't hold a candle to the old liberators hammers. Those things are monsters! The new ones only look worse because the rest of the model is less chonky. They're actually smaller.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Btw, this detachment thing will then mean that master moulders will still be a thing, either with an updated mini, or the old resin ones kept around for a while, like firesights and vespids on the tau army. This brings me more mental peace towards the future of the skaven clans on the rules, at least until the armybook releases.

I feel like that's a pretty bold jump, my interpretation was that most leaders won't be incredibly restricted on the units they can take in their regiment. For example, I would think a clawlord/lord castellant/killaboss etc. would just be able to take anything from the whole book. I can see it going both ways tbh, with the rat ogors and giant rat mount in the starter box I can see a lot of skaven units being clan agnostic, which is how that would work if master moulder gets cut without a replacement.

56 minutes ago, Freemeta said:

hum what about allies? gone?

no limit to spaming auxliaries units could lead to degenerate list?

They're going to have to have some way to include Gotrek in armies.

Edited by EntMan

25 minutes ago, Ragest said:

My toughts about the weapon unification is that melee “choice” weapons (like you can take swords or spears) are going to be merged, special weapons (like 1 in 5 or 1 in 10 can take big chunky weapon) will stay and shield/pair of weapons will have standarized buffs (like shield +1 save and dual +1 attack)

Still, seeing how we have so many similar units, I was rather hoping we'd see one single profile for Liberators, one for Vindictors, one for Vanquishers, etc. But hey, this is still all very, VERY limited info.

7 minutes ago, Luperci said:

I feel like that's a pretty bold jump, my interpretation was that most leaders won't be incredibly restricted on the units they can take in their regiment. For example, I would think a clawlord/lord castellant/killaboss etc. would just be able to take anything from the whole book. I can see it going both ways tbh, with the rat ogors and giant rat mount in the starter box I can see a lot of skaven units being clan agnostic, which is how that would work if master moulder gets cut without a replacement.

The agnostic clans idea was blown up in the tunnels once GW came up with the clan Verminous idea. Really seems like the generic option will be the good ol' grey seer, unless GW is planning to add grey seer padawans

Edited by Garrac

1 minute ago, EntMan said:

They're going to have to have some way to include Gotrek in armies.

If named characters have special regiment options, maybe gotrek gets to choose and mix KO, FS and dispossessed. Or he just gets put into FS

2 minutes ago, Luperci said:

Heroes will be splitted in "general purpose" with very high possibilities and common abilities and "specialized ones" with a more restrictive list like wizards or combat heroes. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Heroes will be splitted in "general purpose" with very high possibilities and common abilities and "specialized ones" with a more restrictive list like wizards or combat heroes. 

I think you have inside info here, but honestly even in a vacuum I would have expected the system to be less restrictive than the current battleline unlocking mechanics, which already let you run nearly anything you want.

I do wonder how Warcry warbands will work with this. I worry about them getting left behind if too few characters are allowed to take them and they always end up taking an auxilary slot. Trueblades for instance don't fit with any of the Soulblight characters. And when a new warband is released will they just have to change a bunch of commander sheets to specify that the character can take them in their regiment?

2 minutes ago, neaden said:

I do wonder how Warcry warbands will work with this. I worry about them getting left behind if too few characters are allowed to take them and they always end up taking an auxilary slot. Trueblades for instance don't fit with any of the Soulblight characters. And when a new warband is released will they just have to change a bunch of commander sheets to specify that the character can take them in their regiment?

Or they are special regiments by themselves. The recent warbands have clearly been designed as AoS units anyway and are even replacing outdated parts of factions (chameleon skinks, gorgers) so it makes no sense not to give them proper rules.

The FS one already consists of a runefather, droth hunter and droth wrangler heroes, a few berserkers and a kyndledroth. Makes perfect sense as a regiment.

Callis and Toll, Blacktalons and the Gunnar regiments could work the same.

Edited by Snarff

Just now, neaden said:

I expect unit imports from warcry and underworlds will always be auxiliary units, specifically to discourage them mechanically so boxed side game content doesn't impact core game competitive balance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, neaden said:

Probably their own warscroll would specify as well which regiments they can join either by naming the heroes or purely by tags like Vanari or Alarith from the example.

54 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Weren't the Dogs of War also called Regiments of Renown? Or am I mistaken them with the special units from TWW? IMO we have guessed how the allies would work indeed.

Dogs of War were mercenary units that could be either taken in the dedicated Dogs of War army or as mercenaries hired by another army, Regiments of Renown were a specific kind of Dogs of War that essentially were a unique unit with special gimmicks (essentially the unit equivelant of a named character). 

13 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I think you have inside info here, but honestly even in a vacuum I would have expected the system to be less restrictive than the current battleline unlocking mechanics, which already let you run nearly anything you want.

I don't know. Given the way they talked about how much they like people having to make impactful choices with list building my impression was that the system is going to be much more restrictive if you're trying to optimize your list. Sure you can just do anything and have 15 drops, but if you want to get that choice for first or second turn you're going to have to make some very hard decisions. Having a lot of heroes that just open up everything doesn't really jive with that sort of ethos.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sception said:

I expect unit imports from warcry and underworlds will always be auxiliary units, specifically to discourage them mechanically so boxed side game content doesn't impact core game competitive balance.

Disagree. The Wildercorps for example can currently easily be battleline, and even though there is no Wildercorps hero I expect them to stay easy to take. A lot of Warcry units are just regular AoS units functionally.

Underworlds warbands can get deleted for all I care, but they have a perfect setup in this system of just being a self-contained regiment.

Personally I love the new Liberators!! Thunderstrike everything please!!

Though, the Dual Wielded Hammers do look unweildy and there is something off about them.

I also love the Hallowed Knights paint scheme as the poster boys.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Personally I love the new Liberators!! Thunderstrike everything please!!

Though, the Dual Wielded Hammers do look unweildy and there is something off about them.

So did the old ones, so there's not that much change there.

• Like 1

I also love the Hallowed Knights scheme on these. I love Hallowed Knights lorewise in general and always prefer silver over gold for Stormcast so it's nice to see someone other than Hammers of Sigmar being poster boys and girls for a bit.

• Like 7