The Rumour Thread

53 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Well, I don't know... Aren't there librarians in 40K?

22 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Good strategy and heroism wins battles

Good logistics wins wars

9 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Logister Chamber, best chamber (probably the best to talk about business).

Whatever, nerds. Have fun figuring out the logistics of not getting stuffed into lockers. I'll be over here RUINATING stuff.

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Interesting how GW summarise the Darkoaths history via images referencing all their appearances: Chris Thursten Interview – Getting to Write Gunnar Brand after Years of Painting Darkoath - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

This is a good piece and hits interestingly on the tension between how the Darkoath see themselves and what they know about the gods they’ve oathed to (in-universe, as opposed to the less interesting birds eye view of the reader). Also on the larger questions of the Reclaimed of the realms vs Azyrite conquest. More interesting and more grey areas, that tension that makes interesting stories.

They offer a contrary perspective on what it means to survive in a world of gods and monsters, which hinges on the notion that you can bargain with the gods while retaining control of your own destiny. Rather than present the Darkoath as villains, I wanted to ensure that they too, in their own ruthless way, embody the themes of heroism, strife and hope that underpin the Age of Sigmar.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, cyrus said:

47 Skaven !

So, we could have :

- 20 clan rats

- 10 Stormvermins

- 1 clawlord

- 1 mounted clawlord

- 1 warlock ingenieer 

- 3 weapon teams

- 1 new push fit weapon

- 3 rat ogors and 2 packmasters 

- 1 new moulder’s horror

- 3/5 wolfrats

- …

• Like 1

I still have my doubts on the master moulder, GW clearly hates now having two units that come on the same box, or units that only serve to boost other units. I love moulder guys, but it seems like an idea that GW will work out on a design and rulewise level.

52 minutes ago, Lucien 2L said:

So, we could have :

- 20 clan rats

- 10 Stormvermins

- 1 clawlord

- 1 mounted clawlord

- 1 warlock ingenieer 

- 3 weapon teams

- 1 new push fit weapon

- 3 rat ogors and 2 packmasters 

- 1 new moulder’s horror

- 3/5 wolfrats

- …

My take on Stormcast :

Lord-Ruinator on Azyrite steed 

Knight-Ruination

Knight Vexillor with banner of ruin 

10 new liberators in thunderstrike armour 

3 new Retributors in thunderstrike armour

3 new prosecutors in thunderstrike armour

5  brand new Ruinators  💀

Let's do 4th edition box bingo ! 😉

Edited by cyrus
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, cyrus said:

My take on Stormcast :

Knight-Ruination

Azyrite Steed? A plan horse? Or something fancier?

If we got berserk ruinator stormcast, i think its gonna be a unit of three rather than five ? And on the same level of power than annihilators.

Edit: like less armoured but with lightning missile weapons or capacity.

Edited by rattila

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Azyrite Steed? A plan horse? Or something fancier?

Stormcast are not allowed to ride horse 😃

I think Stormcast have already anykind of mount : dracoth, stormdrake, tauralon, gryph charger, dracoline, stardrake !!!

We hope for something fancier !  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, cyrus said:

I think Stormcast have already anykind of mount : dracoth, stormdrake, tauralon, gryph charger, dracoline, stardrake !!!

I do hope they unify the Stormcast mounts if they're redoing the line. Like give them the flying stormdrake and maybe a non winged version for the ground? Basically make the dracoth look closer to the flying drakes. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, cyrus said:

I was hoping for a bulkier horse, similar in a way to how the Darkoath ones feel bulkier than the Cavaliers one, but even bulkier.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I was hoping for a bulkier horse, similar in a way to how the Darkoath ones feel bulkier than the Cavaliers one, but even bulkier.

Like STD ones? 

I would be a bit disappointed if they release simple horses after all the effort they did past version to create new mounts to avoid them

Edited by Vagard
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

I do hope they unify the Stormcast mounts if they're redoing the line. Like give them the flying stormdrake and maybe a non winged version for the ground? Basically make the dracoth look closer to the flying drakes. 

Hard disagree. The menagerie of different creatures is one of my favourite things about the Stormcast. I hope we see another unique mount added to the range. 

• Like 8

Totally gonna change the subject but talking about who the OBR will be facing in the next Warcry box :

- Sylvaneth are hinted at in books as specifically facing OBR in the Gnarlwood and GW is really hinting at Kurnothi rn.

- IDK because of some dubious RE and because TGA really wants it to happen.

I do think it’s gonna be Sylvaneth…

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Totally gonna change the subject but talking about who the OBR will be facing in the next Warcry box :

- Sylvaneth are hinted at in books as specifically facing OBR in the Gnarlwood and GW is really hinting at Kurnothi rn.

It’s going to be the Idoneth because GW wants to make it impossible for me personally to split a box. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grungnisson said:

O

Of course we're nerds. We play Warhammer, mate.

You don’t have to be a nerd to play Warhammer, just at least a little autistic.

i say this as someone who has more than a little touch of the tism myself

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

image.jpeg.b70c268a9f85c3d5e8047e3f3f7116d1.jpeg

@Vasshpit hehehe

I'd prefer something for mainline AoS but I'll take a hobgrot underworlds band. Hope it's sizable like Zarbags if that's the case. 

Edit: and for the record I'm hoping hobs go to 20s. 🤘

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

59 minutes ago, cyrus said:

My take on Stormcast :

Knight-Ruination

We also need to consider that there were quite a few SCE kits released after Dominion, and we may be getting a lot of the Oldcast updates and/or Ruination units that way.

My take on launch box (what I 100% think will be in it) :

10 liberators, 20 clanrats, 1 grey seer, 1 clawlord, new leaked weapons team

Other which I think will happen but I don’t wanna be more specific else I’m gonna be wrong :

SCE melee hero, SCE caster, SCE elite unit, SCE centerpiece (can be a big hero or a monster), Skaven “elite” unit, Skaven centerpiece (monster or war machine).

2 hours ago, sandlemad said:

This is a good piece and hits interestingly on the tension between how the Darkoath see themselves and what they know about the gods they’ve oathed to (in-universe, as opposed to the less interesting birds eye view of the reader). Also on the larger questions of the Reclaimed of the realms vs Azyrite conquest. More interesting and more grey areas, that tension that makes interesting stories.

They offer a contrary perspective on what it means to survive in a world of gods and monsters, which hinges on the notion that you can bargain with the gods while retaining control of your own destiny. Rather than present the Darkoath as villains, I wanted to ensure that they too, in their own ruthless way, embody the themes of heroism, strife and hope that underpin the Age of Sigmar.

Yeah the Darkoath have been one of those interesting corners of AoS that they've been teasing at for years with just enough models and lore to get us hooked on them and it feels like Thursten gets what is so interesting about them. My only complaint is that I'm worried they'll replace the generic Chaos Marauders in other stories in a way that completely loses their flavour. Personally I'm hoping we get stories about Darkoath tribes straddling that line between friend and enemy with other grand alliances. Yes they're Chaos worshipers to a certain degree but you can potentially reason with them, unlike with someone sworn to one of the Gods or a Nighthaunt swarm.

26 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

It'll be Sylvaneth based with a swampy watery feel that will lead to TGA over reacting and imploding over the idea that both the Satyr and Centaur Kuronethi and the IDK are both being cancelled and removed from the game.

• Like 2