The Rumour Thread

@Baron Klatz Thank you. I appreciate that. 

I dont know how they'd portray them on the tabletop though. They seem beyond reasonable miniature size albeit a really cool idea. 

That story bit tells of ironjawz transports. This is definitely something I'd love to see on the tabletop more.

Using Kruleboyz and gitmob as an example I think a gnarly water buffalo for krules and a gnarly plains bison for gitmob would make for wonderful and fun minis as well as new and fun gameplay. One could only imagine many things for other factions. 

Why should the overlords have all the transport fun. 

I've never been a fan of the magically teleporting of units across the tabletop for most armies. Things like Tzeentch, etc I can understand but for the most part it just seem creatively and mechanically lazy. 

Bring on transport beasts!!! 🤘

99811499007_GreatBeastofGorgorothNEW01.jpg.879d9e4bcabc9622b6f9f4d71316ea12.jpg99121466001_WarMumakofHaradNEW02.jpg.97e74a02c124663ae7cb6df791a6b85c.jpg

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 hours ago, Captaniser said:

Please let there be a massive new Moulder monstrosity or a Skrye doomsday weapon. That's all I want I want

Well, look who liked this. Now were talking numbers

(Yeah, this just me heavily coping against the stupid GHR thing from before)

19 hours ago, Whitefang back me up said:

What do you think of Aqshy? Or Indexes? No reason for asking…

Also someone said something about an model called the avatar of the rat god? Thats not correct. 

It’s just the 5th Chaos god - The Horned Rat. 

Okay... The only point I am agree is with indexes. A few books are not avaliable to buy anymore and the number is increasing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

Okay... The only point I am agree is with indexes. A few books are not avaliable to buy anymore and the number is increasing.

I really hope 4th isn’t changing things to the point we need Indexes. Having rulesets thrown out after two editions of 40K has gotten old really quickly.

• Like 2

I agree that Gorkamorka, the chaos gods and Sigmar should never get models but AoS is pretty strongly inspired by Norse mythology. That's a setting where the gods walked among mortals even before Marvel came along. For me it's ok if any of the gods that were formally mortals are in the game. Sigmar being the exception as the whole point of his narrative is that he realised getting directly involved was a bad idea. 

The horned rat was never mortal so it doesn't make sense to do a Horned Rat model. An avatar would be fine though. 

• Like 11

9 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

@Baron Klatz Thank you. I appreciate that. 

I dont know how they'd portray them on the tabletop though. They seem beyond reasonable miniature size albeit a really cool idea. 

That story bit tells of ironjawz transports. This is definitely something I'd love to see on the tabletop more.

Using Kruleboyz and gitmob as an example I think a gnarly water buffalo for krules and a gnarly plains bison for gitmob would make for wonderful and fun minis as well as new and fun gameplay. One could only imagine many things for other factions. 

Why should the overlords have all the transport fun. 

I've never been a fan of the magically teleporting of units across the tabletop for most armies. Things like Tzeentch, etc I can understand but for the most part it just seem creatively and mechanically lazy. 

Bring on transport beasts!!! 🤘

99811499007_GreatBeastofGorgorothNEW01.jpg.879d9e4bcabc9622b6f9f4d71316ea12.jpg99121466001_WarMumakofHaradNEW02.jpg.97e74a02c124663ae7cb6df791a6b85c.jpg

What about a speed freaks like game for AoS? lolz It reminds me to Wacky Races in some way, each faction with its own "racing mount".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 hours ago, RetconnedLegion said:

I really hope 4th isn’t changing things to the point we need Indexes. Having rulesets thrown out after two editions of 40K has gotten old really quickly.

And yet it seems it was the right choice for 40k. Game is much better than that end of 9th ******.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

And yet it seems it was the right choice for 40k. Game is much better than that end of 9th ******.

I dunno, I played by the end of 9th and it was very fun. BA really gave the game a breath of fresh air and it was funny af.

Ive not been excited for a launch box in quite some time.

I love me some Kruelboyz but Skaven being in a starter is just so Warhammer.

Its time the sidelined Factions took centre stage.

Skaven, Ogors and Duardin it is your Edition to shine!!

• Like 10

40k is in a much better spot then it was in 9th. Now the whole tossing out super expensive rule books every couple of years is getting real old but what they did for the state of the game is better.

If they do the same for AoS 4th it wont be as bad as people think. 

Of course if GW would go full digital the transition from edition to edition would be much faster and smoother overall.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, RetconnedLegion said:

AoS has never done an index though, right? The cost of rulebooks is absurd, but I’d be fine with it going either way this summer.

58 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

40k is in a much better spot then it was in 9th. Now the whole tossing out super expensive rule books every couple of years is getting real old but what they did for the state of the game is better.

If they do the same for AoS 4th it wont be as bad as people think. 

Of course if GW would go full digital the transition from edition to edition would be much faster and smoother overall.

Very much hope 4th does something to revamp primary/secondaries and rend/MW/saves. Plus trim a lot of the bloat that's been going on. Don't mind more interesting sub-factions but there are layers upon layers of rules which just makes the game tedious... Not to mention the fantastic idea of introducing more and more markers/counters to keep track of. 

Personally I am a huge fan of the 40k detachment rules since it doesn't demand you play X faction in this way only. A side note, selling off your army (like some people apparently did) because of something like that sounds really odd to me since everybody knows there is no way in heck GW is going leave SM players hanging for long. I got a feeling they're going to regret that choice very soon.

Edited by pnkdth
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, pnkdth said:

Very much hope 4th does something to revamp primary/secondaries and rend/MW/saves. Plus trim a lot of the bloat that's been going on. Don't mind more interesting sub-factions but there are layers upon layers of rules which just makes the game tedious... Not to mention the fantastic idea of introducing more and more markers/counters to keep track of. 

Personally I am a huge fan of the 40k detachment rules since it doesn't demand you play X faction in this way only. A side note, selling off your army (like some people apparently did) because of something like that sounds really odd to me since everybody knows there is no way in heck GW is going leave SM players hanging for long. I got a feeling they're going to regret that choice very soon.

Imho, never buy minis for the rules. They change, a lot.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, pnkdth said:

That reminds me of the video of someone burning a whole Dark Elves army when WHFB "died". Just nuts.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, dmorley21 said:

AoS has never done an index though, right?

It did, twice

The first time was when AOS rules launched and they indexed every WHFB army, and the second time was with the Grand Alliance books that updated the WHFB armies into AOS armies. They had a Grand Alliance index book for each grand alliance.

image.png.447a234fc9837efc3f5cfb86529274e1.png

They even included some warscroll battalions in each of the books.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PJetski said:

It did, twice

The first time was when AOS rules launched and they indexed every WHFB army, and the second time was with the Grand Alliance books that updated the WHFB armies into AOS armies. They had a Grand Alliance index book for each grand alliance.

image.png.447a234fc9837efc3f5cfb86529274e1.png

They even included some warscroll battalions in each of the books.

I don’t think launching a brand new game is at all the same as an index. Obviously all the models that came over got different rules for a completely different game.

4 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

That reminds me of the video of someone burning a whole Dark Elves army when WHFB "died". Just nuts.

One of the most insane things Ive ever seen regarding Warhammer. GW has your money already, youre just hurting yourself.

I wonder if theyre interested in TOW...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

56 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

One of the most insane things Ive ever seen regarding Warhammer. GW has your money already, youre just hurting yourself.

I wonder if theyre interested in TOW...

They‘ll definitely cry a second time if TOW gets DE again, although they could use them already. 🤭

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Imho, never buy minis for the rules. They change, a lot.

Completely. If you like a mini but his rules are trash now, it is very likely that you would have it built and painted for the time when is the next OP thing 😅

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Completely. If you like a mini but his rules are trash now, it is very likely that you would have it built and painted for the time when is the next OP thing 😅

These days GW seems to release a faq to nerf new OP things as a way to mark the end of the pre-order period 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3