The Rumour Thread

37 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

Probably for the best

probably, still the magnitude of changes that the Fusiliers got in the very short time span of the BT life is pretty staggering, the kind of stuff which justifies arguments about "pump and dump" tactics to sell models (which I generally find unconvincing)

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, alyra said:

what the are those changes???

some op armys like khorne big wagh or bones didnt was touched, but others like idonet got utterly deletted????

they were allready among worst army since that absurded came out. only got up with last fuethan change and it got totally deleted now, making even worse than before. AND they deleted the eidolon of sea for unknowns reasons..... i was expecting a -50p on him since he has been useless whole book. dont get why they decided to delete it completly now, making his spell work only to melee.

and kroak build got hit really hard with a hike of around 100p and the removal of 3 summon points per turn and anothers 2-3 more on oponnent turn if they do lot of magic.

and why everyone got 2" on his weapons, but saurus with mace keep with 1" or idoneth eels with spears only 1" too, or bite mechanic of seraphon keep being useless, nedding 1" on every model etc....

and will have to play with this thing untill new edittion LOL

The tactics update is pretty big for Big Waaagh. Idoneth have been doing really well lately - especially shark spam. I tell ya that Deepkin have one of books that’s sort of a miss for third, but these changes you mentioned seem fine.

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, RetconnedLegion said:

Finally, now we can have a break from whinging on every GW social media post.

I think GW is to blame, not the people. For many players this document is far more important than new minis.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

probably, still the magnitude of changes that the Fusiliers got in the very short time span of the BT life is pretty staggering, the kind of stuff which justifies arguments about "pump and dump" tactics to sell models (which I generally find unconvincing)

For how long the Cities book took to come out, it is surprising how half-baked some of the warscrolls and interactions in it were. The Alchemite probably being the worst offender, but the Command Corps, Zenestra, and the Hurricanum were also pretty glaring examples of a lack of care. Not to mention the Hammerers missing their command group rules.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, alyra said:

only got up with last fuethan change and it got totally deleted now, making even worse than before.

Spam lists should be obliterated ASAP, always. Otherwise factions end up in a strange place - at a glance everything seems fine, as the overall winrate is good, but then you dig deeper and, behold, it's always Fuethan Allopex circus. Gross.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Wow what a completely pointless update. Everyone waited all this time for basically nothing.

Lots of changes here, and for most of the factions. Even a new generic battle tactic and new rules for a generic battalion. It's not because your army has not get what you wanted that it is a pointless update for everyone. Many dumb lists are not playable anymore thanks to this battlescroll and it is for the best 

Edited by Vagard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

Sometimes it can feel that way at the end of an edition, normally they are looking for a quick meta shift before the edition end, happens in 40K too

This. Plus I suspect they have been playing the new edition for ages and working on it, so it's weird for them to manage things! 

4 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Wow what a completely pointless update. Everyone waited all this time for basically nothing.

I wouldn't call it pointless.

The points drops were interesting. As were the minor tweaks to some tactics. Also the range increases were cool. In fact it's not a bad update, but it wasn't going to be earth shattering due to the new edition round the corner.

4 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I don't know, they did completely wreck my Cities list. That has to count for something.

I'll give it a A+ then :D 

16 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

this alone makes me want get my old nighthaunt army back up
image.png.77dcdc986157ad27e12e11857e6518f0.png
so i say fairly significant changes

• Like 7