The Rumour Thread

If Fyreslayers would get their first sculpts updated to the quality of the warcry band and this character it would become one of the most beautiful armies of AoS, but sadly the playstyle / options would still be a bit limited. They really need more units. I know almost nothing about the Fyreslayers lore or AoS lore in general 😮😉 , but I assume there has to be more monsters / units that can be added.

It has a special vibe to play against a wave of orange haired dudes. 😄 The unpainted StD is my army 😮.

image.png.3506cbafc034f4c59217d0f6f049c823.png

• Like 7

1 hour ago, SirSalabean said:

Especially with small model range armies. FEC got the cryptguard which could have replaced ghouls but they kept the ghouls too to bolster the army range. Iron jaws got their ard boys replaced but arguably it has paid off nicely. 

As the fireslayers are newer than ardboys and ghouls I highly suspect they will be expended on and not replaced. 

I expect the same, and then a later edition can replace Vulkites with some mixed male/female Vulkites with the improved design, and add some upgrade sprues to Magmadroths for runedaughters/fyrequeens and other improved sculpts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If I were GW, I would release a series of three or four Fyreslayer units (golems, droth cavalry, valkyries, pyroslayers, etc) that can potentially be played as their own army (like all IJ pigs). And then in 3-5 years redo the original dwarf sculpts.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Mutton said:

If I were GW, I would release a series of three or four Fyreslayer units (golems, droth cavalry, valkyries, pyroslayers, etc) that can potentially be played as their own army (like all IJ pigs). And then in 3-5 years redo the original dwarf sculpts.

Hell, they could also do: Droth Chariots, a Runed Ballista, port over the flame cannon, and add a droth-mounted flame cannon. Those would spice things up beyond the current foot infantry.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

On 12/27/2023 at 8:05 PM, Neverchosen said:

I am calling it now folks,

On December 31st we will see a 40k reveal showcasing the new Dark Mechanicum range.

On January 31st we shall get the reveal of Chaos Dwarves.

THE PROPHECY IS SPOKEN:
image.png.7a7a9b2b76551bc8ba9303a9431755f6.png

Okay maybe the prophecy was wrong...

But in all seriousness those models are both fantastic and show so much promise for their respective factions. Two armies I have a deep love for but never really high on my priority to collect. If future releases keep up this standard I could imagine some flamming duardin or Tau making it into my collection. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shankelton said:

Im calling skaven for 4th.

No chaos on the warcry docket, so I'm feeling the starter set has to be them. Get a double whammy of a warcry unit, which accompanies their range reset.

I’d probably be guessing the same thing.

although hopes here is is if that truly is a skaven warcry warband, it won’t be the skaven update for 4.0

5 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Okay maybe the prophecy was wrong...

But in all seriousness those models are both fantastic and show so much promise for their respective factions. Two armies I have a deep love for but never really high on my priority to collect. If future releases keep up this standard I could imagine some flamming duardin or Tau making it into my collection. 

Im a sucker for Mechs and love Xenos. Between this model and a Kroot update Id be hard pressed not to start a Tau army.

• LOVE IT! 2

2 minutes ago, Doko said:

is posible get these exclusive store from the online store or any non gw retailer? i would love get this dwarf but i havent any gw store close

Unfortunately not. I'm also still trying to get the KO from last year for a reasonable price.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Gitzdee said:

What is this store mini thing? How does it work? I like this FS model. Might be fun to build a diorama with some Greenskinz.

For 9 days around an official GW store anniversary you can buy these models in person at that particular store. Unfortunately, there's no up to date/correct list of anniversaries, so you have to look it up for each GW store near you and hope you have time in those 9 days.

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I’d probably be guessing the same thing.

although hopes here is is if that truly is a skaven warcry warband, it won’t be the skaven update for 4.0

Absolutely. I'm really pulling for a full refresh, anything else will be pretty painful haha.

Or rather, at least enough of a refresh that the core of the army can be collected without worrying about new stuff replacing it.

That's where i'm at with skaven right now. Attached as my army now, since militant grots isn't in the cards. Have a box of stormfiends to find my colour scheme, but until the refresh I just can't get anything responsibly lol

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Doko said:

is posible get these exclusive store from the online store or any non gw retailer? i would love get this dwarf but i havent any gw store close

There is a great group on Facebook where people sell limited and exclusive GW models at the price GW sell them for. I've managed to get lots of stuff from the group members. Highly recommended. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=share

• Thanks 5

Are we /sure/ we're sure that it's an army of renown for the LoB diplomats to Ushoran, and regiments of renown for each mortarch?  Could the preview article have maybe gotten that backwards?

Because it seems like a regiment of renown would make way more sense for the diplomats (so you could run them alongside FEC army as fits the lore), while armies of renown would make a lot more sense for the mortarchs (ie personal retinues of their own faction, as opposed to running mortarchs cross faction which imo makes way less sense).

On one hand, I am a massive fan of Morghasts, having purchased 4 off of Ebay months ago, and the Hero appeals to me. On the other hand, I have actually begun to assemble my first Morghast, and this thing has so many similar pieces that I have to look carefully at each pieces number and dry fit multiple times to figure out how it fits together. 

I’m surprised we didn’t see the final death hero yesterday if there is one. The current rumour is that Dawnbringers 4 will be out on January 27th. If GW is keeping to its 2 week preorder window, we should be getting an article this coming Sunday. In any case I expect Dawnbringers 4 to be fully revealed before LVO. 
 In terms of announcements, I expect to see a book 5 title reveal along with all the minis connected to that book: Darkoath cavalry for sure, hopefully infantry too, Callis and Toll and probably at least one Chaos hero. 
They’ll probably show off the nighthaunt Lumineth Warcry box and maybe the next underworlds warband too. 
I think they’ll show off one new old world model in order to keep they hype rolling.

For 40k the Dark Angels have already been fully revealed so hopefully it’s Kroot time. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I’m surprised we didn’t see the final death hero yesterday if there is one. The current rumour is that Dawnbringers 4 will be out on January 27th. If GW is keeping to its 2 week preorder window, we should be getting an article this coming Sunday. In any case I expect Dawnbringers 4 to be fully revealed before LVO. 
 In terms of announcements, I expect to see a book 5 title reveal along with all the minis connected to that book: Darkoath cavalry for sure, hopefully infantry too, Callis and Toll and probably at least one Chaos hero. 
They’ll probably show off the nighthaunt Lumineth Warcry box and maybe the next underworlds warband too. 
I think they’ll show off one new old world model in order to keep they hype rolling.

For 40k the Dark Angels have already been fully revealed so hopefully it’s Kroot time. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Sekhar is the only character we get. Like take Dawnbringers II, the release consisted of the Ironjawz update + the King Trugg box. Likewise, Dawnbringers IV could consist of an army update (Flesh Eater Courts) alongside a single box with a new hero (Fangs of the Blood Queen). Isn't the whole Morghast hero stuff just assumption based on a single rumor engine (which though it definitely looks like a Morghast Wing we have no idea when it will be released, everyone just assumed it was Dawnbringers IV)?

3 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Sekhar is the only character we get. Like take Dawnbringers II, the release consisted of the Ironjawz update + the King Trugg box. Likewise, Dawnbringers IV could consist of an army update (Flesh Eater Courts) alongside a single box with a new hero (Fangs of the Blood Queen). Isn't the whole Morghast hero stuff just assumption based on a single rumor engine (which though it definitely looks like a Morghast Wing we have no idea when it will be released, everyone just assumed it was Dawnbringers IV)?

It is based mainly on that RE indeed, but there are a couple of hints leading us to it:

1 - From book 2 seems we are getting a grand alliance-focused book and the 4th one is the death-focused one.
2 - A community post mentioned we would get a RoR for each Mortarch.

As an extra, we are a bit far from the mentioned at least 12 factions getting minis during the narrative series.

Edited by Ejecutor

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

There are still a few codexes inbetween, namely custodes and orks which have been teased what looks like a new mek and terminator champion? We'll probably see them before any stuff for the tau codex

Edited by Luperci

1 hour ago, BarakUrbaz said:

First: We know there are 6 Regiments of Renown coming “One for each Mortarch”. Second, we know for a fact that the Bonereapers are actively attempting to contain New Summercourt, courtesy of Belthanos’ short story on War. Com.. Third, we know that at least 12 factions are getting new things from Dawnbringers, and according to War. Com. “Everything in Death is getting something” (Paraphrased). 

It stands to reason that they will release the rumored Morghast (And that’s absolutely a Morghast’s wing, I cross-referenced my own and aside from the pattern inside the tines, it’s exactly the same), because this is the best possible opportunity to do so. It’s probably not named, but honestly we’re good on named Heroes for a bit and light on actual beatstick options outside the Liege-Kavalos.