The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, selnik said:

That's a good point. The army box will have some tokens, presumably for tracking the deeds, hopefully they don't create too much clutter.

Yeah, It isn't that I don't like the rules, it just adds another layer of book keeping / toking counting. It works if you have only one hero, but with multiple ones it can get confusing.

Imo, I think it would be much easier with something like this as a battletrait that when a FEC hero kills a model, friendly FEC units wholly within 12" gain an extra attack for the remainder of that turn.

Edited by Tonhel

23 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Would be weird that they put on sale minis from direct sale into a vanguard box. Specially when we know that sooner or later would be retired from the AoS range.

fyreslayers vanguard have the battlesmith who is direct sale per example

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Yeah, It isn't that I don't like the rules, it just adds another layer of book keeping / toking counting. It works if you have only one hero, but with multiple ones it can get confusing.

Maybe. It's just a dice near a hero, so a maximum of 6 dice. A fancy metal dice could look good I think.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Maybe. It's just a dice near a hero, so a maximum of 6 dice. A fancy metal dice could look good I think.

Lol, yeah. That's also a solution, we already use a dice for the wounds, so it can still get confusing 😄 . Maybe I am mistaken, but we have / had rules that are simular but with a big difference. I.e blood tithe, but now the difference is that instead of adding it to one pool. You now have a pool per FEC hero.

37 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Or am I missing something?

A choice to make. We only saw two examples, and there might be more coming, that the deeds can be passive (no points spent) or active (spending points). So:

a) points system adds a strategic challenge i.e. do I keep all my points and keep providing a buff or do I spend them and replenish a unit, and

b) as a resource management system it opens up opportunities for a wider variety of deeds. Otherwise, if they were Command Traits, for example like you suggest, you'd just have to chose one for the whole battle.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Lol, yeah. That's also a solution, we already use a dice for the wounds, so it can still get confusing 😄 . Maybe I am mistaken, but we have / had rules that are simular but with a big difference. I.e blood tithe, but now the difference is that instead of adding it to one pool. You now have a pool per FEC hero.

I'm pretty certain the exact reason why the deed points can never go to a higher value than six, is precisely to allow them to be tracked easily with a D6.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What I love about GA: Death right now is that we have four armies that feel, in lore and rules, pretty different from each other:

Soulblight as endless hordes of corpses and powerful undead wizards

Ossiarch as the disciplined legions of Nagash

Nighthaunt as a ghostly procession that inspires fear

Flesh Eater as the heroic knights that defend the realms.

Really interesting rules. Fortunately I have other hobby projects at the moment, but I would be very interested

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

I personally love these "faction" ressources. Especially used together with summoning/replenishing units they can help make your faction distinct while still being comparable to others.

As a Chaos Player i have had several versions of this over the editions so my thoughts on this Iteration: 

This feels like it is lower impact. 

There is a tendency towards Herohammer, but the gains ( max +6guys) are probably only worth it if you won the fight anyway. And lets not forget the hero has to survive the fight! 

This obviously all depends on the stats/points but i could mostly see this as "activate hero first to get to 6ndp, then activate the feeding frenzied unit closeby. Which is nice but then your opponent gets to activate in between... 

tldr: sounds nice but not broken. I like.

• Like 1

I was curious if the zombie bishop would be an actual priest or if that would be flavoured as delusion too, but I suppose that answers that.  The current ghoul/horror/flayer courtiers are neither priests nor wizards, so I wonder if they will gain one of those roles, or if they've just been replaced wholesale by the new suite of heroes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doko said:

fyreslayers vanguard have the battlesmith who is direct sale per example

Many Vanguards have models that have been put on direct sale or just plain removed from sale after the vanguard was released (probably to reduce in store SKUs as you can still get them via the vanguard box so no need to have another box in the shelf for heroes which you probably only want one of)

Direct only:
Arkanaut Admiral, Slaughterpriest, Loonboss, Chaos Lord, Ogor Tyrant, Scinari Cathallar

Not for sale outside of Vanguard:
Mortisan Soulreaper, Great Bray Shaman, Branchwych, Magister on Disc of Tzeentch, Melusai Ironscale, Knight of Shrouds, Grey Seer, Isharann Soulscryer, Battlesmith

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Koala said:

I personally love these "faction" ressources. Especially used together with summoning/replenishing units they can help make your faction distinct while still being comparable to others.

As a Chaos Player i have had several versions of this over the editions so my thoughts on this Iteration: 

This feels like it is lower impact. 

There is a tendency towards Herohammer, but the gains ( max +6guys) are probably only worth it if you won the fight anyway. And lets not forget the hero has to survive the fight! 

This obviously all depends on the stats/points but i could mostly see this as "activate hero first to get to 6ndp, then activate the feeding frenzied unit closeby. Which is nice but then your opponent gets to activate in between... 

tldr: sounds nice but not broken. I like.

We ofcourse don't know all the rules yet, but it does seem a lot of effort / bookkeeping for giving one or more units a +1 attack solong they fit wholly in 12" and the hero has his 6 deeds counters. The fastest way is to attack asap with the hero, to get the deeds fast, but the unit receiving the +1 will probably be attacked asap too. So it certainly not a strong bonus.

But as others said GW really made great work of make each Death battletome unique and giving each battletome beautiful and cool mini's.

Edited by Tonhel