The Rumour Thread

this new sylvaneth hero is great and have everything that is missin in the bad dragon sc hero.

have ward.

have utility aura of run and charge

have utility cp to buff allys.

and cost 40 less,it is obvious that the dragon must cost 320 when is so much worse than this new hero lol

and dont get how some batallions are great as sons,kharadrons,goblins and now sylvaneths with great rules and powerfull but then fyreslayers and sc get horribles rules with only monsters rampages 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Beetle tree man is way too cheap for how insanely good he is. He's basically an auto-include in any Sylvaneth army, that's for sure. I mean, Bloodthirsters are reasonably decent in the game right now, and they're only like 20-40 points cheaper than this dude; and Belthanos is waaaaay better than any of the greater daemons.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

20 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Well, most of the people I know who are in to AoS also play the game. 

Most of us are dads, so we only play at events, probably once every month or two.

Because we don't get to play so often, when we do our lists we play are highly tuned. 

Because we don't get to paint as much, we only want to buy and paint units that have value in game.

I would say the majority of people who play this game fit a similar demographic and therefore have a similar attitude to purchasing decisions.

Of course, I've never encountered anyone who buys the models and then does nothing with them. Doesn't paint them, doesn't play with them. 

I would be surprised if that was the majority of their customer base.

Well... in GW stores themselves the largest customer base is mothers of teenagers. There was a podcast on this and 'meta players' certainly aren't the majority of the customer base.

I'm also a parent, full time teacher, etc, etc and play very little. Conversely, when I do play, I don't want to be hunting meta, I want to throw minis down with a narrative behind the force or game and play accordingly. Neither of us are wrong, both are valid. However, expecting battleforces to be meta driven is a hiding to nothing. Chasing the dragon never works - also apt after the dragonwing experiences.

Having played since 1993 and now in my 40th year of existence, life's too short to play anything other than fun. I'll be grabbing new fulgrim because the mini is outstanding and will be an amazing centrepiece. In game terms he's garbage but he'll look stylish regardless :)

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Doko said:

this new sylvaneth hero is great and have everything that is missin in the bad dragon sc hero.

have ward.

have utility aura of run and charge

have utility cp to buff allys.

and cost 40 less,it is obvious that the dragon must cost 320 when is so much worse than this new hero lol

and dont get how some batallions are great as sons,kharadrons,goblins and now sylvaneths with great rules and powerfull but then fyreslayers and sc get horribles rules with only monsters rampages 

Maybe, but take in mind that the Dragon has free MW as their breath and prayer, and one of them can't even be countered. And instead of ward save, has a bodyguard ability. It's not the same, but let's wait and see the whole Army of Renown before start complaining.

Btw, both heroes seems awesome, but I still think that we don't need more MW in the game. But that's another story

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Maybe, but take in mind that the Dragon has free MW as their breath and prayer, and one of them can't even be countered. And instead of ward save, has a bodyguard ability. It's not the same, but let's wait and see the whole Army of Renown before start complaining.

Btw, both heroes seems awesome, but I still think that we don't need more MW in the game. But that's another story

He's got the potential, I'm sure. Fix his keywords, so his Battletome prayers actually have range and we're good to go. Perfect independant operator, doesn't have to babysit anyone, does damage, can chant without counterplay. He good.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sarges said:

Also this picture is relevant once again:

There's something to be said for there being two Order armies of scantily-clad religious-warriors who are trying to resurrect their dead god with model ranges based off singular units from WHFB... but who otherwise receive drastically different amounts of attention from GW.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 4

8 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

There's something to be said for there being two Order armies of scantily-clad religious-warriors who are trying to resurrect their dead god with model ranges based off singular units from WHFB... but who otherwise receive drastically different amounts of attention from GW.

Grimnir has fallen.

image.png.384d06585a49773b8a972241a1d1127d.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 8