The Rumour Thread

38 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Would they not be saving those for 4th edition? It seems odd to debut new liberator models now when we know the new edition's launch box will feature Stormcast. 

We saw jump pack primaris in the first space marine trailer months before they were revealed for 10th edition. 

I'd be very surprised if the new Dawnbringers models for Stormcast were the faction's core troops. 

Seconded. i wonder if the Regiment / Army of Renown for SCE is more Drake related. Thats clearly where the Tome (in whatever state its in) points to now, i could see a Dragon based Regiment/ Army of Renown

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

image.png.6b59e699da8df09d896b501a782a5fed.png

Ok, but what's the rush?  I'm sure these will disappear by the end of third edition but should we be wanting GW to replace start collecting with more expensive boxes that usually have a worse discount percentage? 

Bring back the £50 start collecting set!

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Ok, but what's the rush?  I'm sure these will disappear by the end of third edition but should we be wanting GW to replace start collecting with more expensive boxes that usually have a worse discount percentage? 

Bring back the £50 start collecting set!

I hate to see boxes become more expensive, but I still highly prefer new models even if it means a price increase . Otherwise they'll just keep price hiking old models so we have outdated expensive models instead of better, updated, expensive models

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Disciples of Tzeentch right? I can't remember the source of the leak but it wasn't anything more than just saying the faction name right?

The earliest screenshot of the game, from an investors report, showed SC fighting an ogroid thamateurge

• Like 3

Seeing those chunky guys go will be like the end of an era. I wonder if they'll update the big statue? Maybe go back to a Spess Muhreen?

More importantly, we may now begin the endless speculation as to which Oldcast will get updated and how long it will take for them to refresh the range. As much as other lines might need the attention more, I think updates over even more redundant units is the best way to get our obligatory SCE releases

(Gw pls new dracoth riders. They didn't even look good when you first released them)

• Like 2

On the Tzeentch Realms of Ruin stuff the magic relic they find after the NightHaunt battle.

it’s a crystal with 9 parts to it. 

If that’s not a hint then I don’t know what is.

1 hour ago, jhamslam said:

Seconded. i wonder if the Regiment / Army of Renown for SCE is more Drake related. Thats clearly where the Tome (in whatever state its in) points to now, i could see a Dragon based Regiment/ Army of Renown

Hopefully then both the new narrative book & a free short story will have the draconith perspective on things. They have conversations in the battletome and small quips in Soulbound but novel-wise so far they hadn’t any real focus. Would be nice to get some of dragons to comment about events and seeing another empire trying to rise from it’s own ashes like theirs.

6 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

I wonder if they'll update the big statue? Maybe go back to a Spess Muhreen?

I’m sure they’ll keep it for many years & editions to come. Even the beaky marine didn’t go when it was outdated decades out and just moved to the back lot when the Liberator replaced it.

The Liberator Stormcast designs are just as integral to the new generations of Stormcast as the beaky marine was to even the design cues of the newer Primaris stuff despite being more refined. So there’s little point in changing it when it’s the anchor to the whole origins of a new franchise.

Edited by Baron Klatz

48 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

As much as other lines might need the attention more, I think updates over even more redundant units is the best way to get our obligatory SCE releases

I hope they streamline the units too. E.g let's not have 3 warscrolls for paladin variants... especially now we're have annihilators to add to the mix. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

I love that the mask-helms look closer to the Protectors now! I always thought that design needed more love with how “medieval alien” it could go and it fits defensive type Stormcast so well!

image.jpeg.8c15511086fe8db4341fb94943fa1334.jpeg

I wonder if the game will have anymore surprises in store for the models. 🤩

They have lot of CoS like scenery, so maybe they are based as well in new kits?

1 hour ago, DinoJon said:

I'm curious if this is also why the 4th faction hasn't been shown. 

Lady of Ruin and marauders arriving and being in the new game would make a lot of sense. 

It creates me lot of questions now. Tzeetch models were leaked time ago, but if it is them, why so much secret?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KriticalKhan said:

Seeing those chunky guys go will be like the end of an era. I wonder if they'll update the big statue? Maybe go back to a Spess Muhreen?

More importantly, we may now begin the endless speculation as to which Oldcast will get updated and how long it will take for them to refresh the range. As much as other lines might need the attention more, I think updates over even more redundant units is the best way to get our obligatory SCE releases

(Gw pls new dracoth riders. They didn't even look good when you first released them)

What do you mean by the big statue? The Sigmar one?

Edited by Ejecutor

3 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Screenshot_20231013-201914_WH AoS.jpg

Now one that's actually exclusive to and has synergy with Fyreslayers. A Grimnir on Vulcatrix model would be really cool too, especially if the Fyreslayers narrative shifts more towards the Vulkazharr and Vulcatrix.

• Like 1