The Rumour Thread

"Warhammer Commemorative Series – Leagues of Votann: The Ancestors’ Wrath"

What does Commemorative Series mean here? Is this a hint there'll be multiple anniversary models?

Also, provided the cost isn't stupid big I'll be replacing my long lost Rogue Trader rulebook and reliving my adolescent reading.

Edited by EntMan

On 10/7/2023 at 10:58 AM, Daylight Sneak said:

Thanks for calling out. 

It rarely feels good for being jabbed at for liking something that the other does not, even if it's "just a joke". I have a horrifying first hand experience from several years back being regularly subtly bullied and undermined for my choice of Warhammer 40K army and I wish that same for nobody. It can spiral out of control and snowball over time if not called out early enough. Afterall we are all human beings with real feelings here, trying to enjoy a fun, relaxing hobby. ;) 

On 10/7/2023 at 11:13 AM, Vasshpit said:

@Daylight Sneak Tau are awesome!! 🤘😉

Lol my first first thought was Tau as well, but maybe because I main them as well. Next wave seems to be a lot of kroot so woooo they will finally give what the community was begging for for years lol!

Makes me wonder if GW is doing the same with making Cities the new Tau. See people already upset by the lack of diversity and a lot of influencers joking about how racist the faction is now lol.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, EntMan said:

"Warhammer Commemorative Series – Leagues of Votann: The Ancestors’ Wrath"

What does Commemorative Series mean here? Is this a hint there'll be multiple anniversary models?

Also, provided the cost isn't stupid big I'll be replacing my long lost Rogue Trader rulebook and reliving my adolescent reading.

Every limited release model has been "Commemorative Series" for a few years now, e.g.:

Warhammer Commemorative Series - Jakkob Bugmansson XI : Amazon.com.au: Toys  & Games

• Sad 1

Here's hoping for FEC reveals and Dawnbringers 3. 

Anyone have a guess as to whats going in Dawnbringers 3? I feel like the most set up in terms of lore would be Sylvaneth, Cities, Nurgle and Khorne. However not sure if Cities would get any new models that quick. Hard to tell. 

• LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Anyone have a guess as to whats going in Dawnbringers 3? I feel like the most set up in terms of lore would be Sylvaneth, Cities, Nurgle and Khorne. However not sure if Cities would get any new models that quick. Hard to tell. 

Without going into spoilers as we have a thread for it, I think Sylvaneth and Khorne have a very good chance. Maybe even Skaven.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

21 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

if khorne doesn't end up with a new Valkia model by the end of this I will be mildly disgruntled and might even shake my head.

I think Scyla Anfingrimm was mentioned in the books so it could be them who get a new model for Khorne here

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, DinoJon said:

Skaven, Khorne and Sylvaneth seem the most likely shout based off Book II.

It also seems a reasonable assumption The Blacktalons will get rules in one of the books and they were announced a while ago now, so maybe them for III as well? 

That GW haven't un-spoilt either the FEC Ghouls or the Bretonnian Pegasus Lord makes it extremely likely they'll be shown there at the Preview imo (along with the Tomb King equivalent).

As always I'm usually wrong about this stuff though, so just assume the opposite of everything I wrote above.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

I could see book 3 being Order focused with the main Cities release, the Black Talons and a Kurnothi character getting released all together. Then Death in winter with FEC being the focus on book 4 and the unannounced but hoped for book 5 being Chaos focused

48 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Scyla and Valkia are both classic Khorne characters but also finecast models. One or the other, seeing a transition to plastic is always a good thing.

I am still holding out hope we get one iconic champion for each God and that they get the S2D keyword so we can show the Stormcast a Storm of Chaos. I feel like Valkia is the only Khorne model that is capable of standing side by side with Sigvald.

If we can get an updated AOS model in the scale and style of Sigvald that can lead a Slaves to Darkness Army I will gladly get them all and build a themed list for each mark. 

I know it is silly and I know that more original characters is best for the system. Still I think giving Archaon some Lieutenants from each monogod faction will sow discord amongst the worshippers of Chaos. Plus as the ostensible winners of WHFB having some boss level Chaos Champions will give the forces of Death, Destruction and Order the chance to show how far they have come in defeating these heroes of another world.

Edited by Neverchosen

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Without going into spoilers as we have a thread for it, I think Sylvaneth and Khorne have a very good chance. Maybe even Skaven.

Laughing emoji reaction from whitefang for this post.

Edited by Baz
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, EonChao said:

I could see book 3 being Order focused with the main Cities release, the Black Talons and a Kurnothi character getting released all together. Then Death in winter with FEC being the focus on book 4 and the unannounced but hoped for book 5 being Chaos focused

It will be strange if we will not see anything for Slayers other then 1 foot hero. 

12 hours ago, Chikout said:

I'm guessing we'll see cities or book three next. As far as I'm aware the only other unreleased announced product for autumn is Legions Imperialis but I'd be surprised if they stuck to the heresy for two weeks in a row. 

Yes , as far as we know from Valrak that's ToW has been pushed to beginning of 2024 and Legions Imperalis took the November slot instead. 

I believe we will see CoS full range release in the second part of October and Dawnbringers book 3 in the second part of November .

What if Dawnbringers book 3 is order focused, as book 2 was Destruction focused, and we get fyreslayers and kurnothi minis ?

• Sad 2

46 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Yes , as far as we know from Valrak that's ToW has been pushed to beginning of 2024 and Legions Imperalis took the November slot instead. 

I believe we will see CoS full range release in the second part of October and Dawnbringers book 3 in the second part of November .

What if Dawnbringers book 3 is order focused, as book 2 was Destruction focused, and we get fyreslayers and kurnothi minis ?

I would bet Cities next for release on the 4th since they are doing 2 week preorders now, then Legions Imperialis, maybe even for two weeks if they split the launch box and the additional kits. After that we could see Dawnbringers Book 3 but I think Kill Team will come first

Edited by Matrindur

Had a talk the other day on the Skaven AoS Whatssapp group

Bear in mind: this has huge "My uncle works at Nintendo" energies, but I considered interesting enough to share it.

So, there's this guy on the group who told us his friend tried to get a job on GW more than one year ago as a concept artist. He ended up being rejected, but told he was asigned to design skaven related units, and told him they were working on skaven models, but didn't tell if it was for a vs box. (bear in mind, people that work and design minis are completely separated from marketing at gw). Alltho, he also told us this could be more related with the Skabbik underworlds team.

Yeah, like I said, "My uncle works at Nintendo" energies.

Also, shall I supose from that whitefang emoji that there won't be any skavens shown this saturday?

Spoiler

Necromunda
Ruins of Jardlan
Arachni-rigs
Lady of Ash
Outpost
New psychic and worms

Age of Sigmar
Cities Battletome + Infrantry + Cavalry + Foot Marshall + Mounted + the Not-Ogor + Alchemist + Manticore + Fusiliers + Pontifex + Command Group + Cannon
Mistery book Winter
Dawnbringer: 3
Dawnbringer: 4

Warcry
2 Warbands (Order vs Death)
2 Warbands (who knows)

Underworlds
Destro Warband
Rival Deck 2

Horus Heresy
MKIII
MKIII Army box
Deredeo

Assault Squad
Mistery Army
Legion Command Squad
Fulgrim
Lords of War
Horus weapons
Exemplary Book
Traitor Champion

Warhammer 40k
Votann Anniversary Model
Adeptus Mechanicus
Necrons
Dark Angels
Orks
Adeptus Custodes
T'au Empire
Chaos Space Marines

Kill Team 

LotR

Old World
Bretonnian Paladin + Standard Bearer + Unicorn hero + foot Standard Bearer
Tomb Kings Hero

Blood Bowl
Grashnak Blackhoof    

Epic HH
The box
Dire wolfs
Support box (Deredeo, Leviathan, Tarantula & Rapier)
Support Auxilia
Kratos
Baneblade
Rhino
Warhounds
Medusas
New terrain
Fast Attack pack
Drops

Cities, Necromunda and Epic Horus Heresy are the next releases.

Edited by Nezzhil

3 hours ago, cyrus said:

I have the feeling we won't see anything else for FS during Dawnbringers.

• Like 2