The Rumour Thread

17 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Yeah, I really dislike the highland miniatures slayers, even though they are clearly better than the WFB slayers for sure. I find them too basic and boring.

WFB proxies in a nutshell... The day 3D printing companies will start doing something unique rather than Warhammer proxies, society will be 100% healed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Yeah I think they will keep the current Fyreslayers and use these types of design to expand the range [which is much needed]. The original slayers have been surpassed by better tech and sculpting but they give GW a basis to build around and this Warcry kit looks to offer a lot of interest and excitement to the range.

• Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

The day 3D printing companies will start doing something unique rather than Warhammer proxies, society will be 100% healed.

bit of an overgeneralisation there.  there's entire lines of very unique stuff (Archvillain, Dragon Trappers Lodge, Claybeast Creations and a lot of Artisan Guild are just the first that come to mind) and then of course there's a lot of 1:1 proxies because that's just how markets with a monopoly/oligopoly work. Of course you're going to find a lot of "Nespresso-compatible" 3rd party capsules but not many "uniquely shaped" ones

Edited by Marcvs
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

WFB proxies in a nutshell... The day 3D printing companies will start doing something unique rather than Warhammer proxies, society will be 100% healed.

Honestly, I'm so happy to have alternative sculpts to choose from. Claybeast, Txarli ogors are so much nicer than the official sculpts. 

And who the hell wants to make an army comprised of the current gutter runners sculpts. 

-- Also it's worth saying that GW has never done dwarf slayers well. With the exception of gotrek and these new warcry sculpts. If the alternative to using these Highland sculpts are the old metal slayers, then I'm so grateful to have them

Edited by Jagged Red Lines
  • Like 1

I don't mind the current Fyreslayer models too much, aside from a couple odd poses in the vulkite berserkers kit. I think it's always been the lack of options or variety that have prevented me buying into them.

A new wave of models akin to the one Ironjawz are getting (hopefully a slightly bigger wave with some new types of droth included) would probably be all I need to dive into them since I've always liked their fiery theme/aesthetic.

Edited by SilentSentinel
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I think it’s a brand new Warscroll for Ardboyz so technically you wouldn’t be able to use the old models. Looks like GW are phasing out some old models in readiness to resell for The Old World. Really curious what this means for Skaven. 

Skavens are not part of TOW on their initial launch, so GW have plenty of time to phase them out from AoS.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Skavens are not part of TOW on their initial launch, so GW have plenty of time to phase them out from AoS.

Same as with Seraphon/Lizardmen, GW will more than likely revamp them for AoS where they're a major player with lots of design space and then use a mixture of those kits plus a few older ones for TOW. Then if Skaven become a focus faction for TOW too they can look at what gaps that it needs that the AoS range currently doesn't fill.

Beastmen/of Chaos will be certainly the opposite. Use TOW to get some new plastics out there for them and use those as the basis for the AoS revamp. It's just an efficient use of resources until you have the time to build them out into their own faction in full.

It really feels like the warcry miniatures are done with the quality you'd expect from the market leader. Some of the regular kits still look... it's hard to explain, but a lot of them don't come close to equivalent 3d printed models as far as quality, despite being priced way higher because GW, or in some cases they're just ridiculous design for designs sake like half the lumineth models. 

The same cannot be said about the warcry stuff. 

Edited by wayniac
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

If it's the case I hope the minis don't look too stiff because they're made for a rank & flank game. Beastmen deserve dynamic poses.

I honestly don't think it will be the case that BoC are going to get TOW sculpts in AoS. GW so far has gone out of their way to keep AoS and ToW separate, which has been positive all around. AoS has been getting their outdated WFB kits replaced by kits which are much more dynamic and which are a way better fit for the mortal realms. Seraphon, the new Ardboyz, StD, SBGL with kits like Lauka Vai and probably soon FeC are great examples of this. Old WFB kits have been removed from the armies or completely reworked for AoS, so they can use the old kits back in the old world.

I'd bet the opposite is what's going to happen. New kits for AoS so they're more dynamic and fit the realms better, and the old kits will remain for TOW.

Besides, most of the so far shown TOW kits have been resin, and I really doubt they're going to put resin kits in AoS.

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I'd bet the opposite is what's going to happen. New kits for AoS so they're more dynamic and fit the realms better, and the old kits will remain for TOW.

Looking at what they reveal for TOW, I think less and less they're going to follow a 30k style of releases (3-4 new plastic kits every few months, with add-on FW releases) and more like a LoTR style of release (living off a basis of 2000s-2010s era plastics, with some plastic releases (characters and units) here and there, with the core of new releases being FW resin and keeping some classic metal sculpts, maybe in made to orders). So them transfering the as of yet current Beasts of Chaos kits as TOW Beastmen to make room for new Beasts of Chaos plastics in AoS makes sense.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Looking at what they reveal for TOW, I think less and less they're going to follow a 30k style of releases (3-4 new plastic kits every few months, with add-on FW releases) and more like a LoTR style of release (living off a basis of 2000s-2010s era plastics, with some plastic releases (characters and units) here and there, with the core of new releases being FW resin and keeping some classic metal sculpts, maybe in made to orders). So them transfering the as of yet current Beasts of Chaos kits as TOW Beastmen to make room for new Beasts of Chaos plastics in AoS makes sense.

The only issue with BoC is that there are barely any kits that are not in desparate need of an AoS-ifying update. Only the Beastlord, endless spells, and Herdstone are actual AoS kits. The rest of the kits could all really use an update.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Snarff said:

The only issue with BoC is that there are barely any kits that are not in desparate need of an AoS-ifying update. Only the Beastlord, endless spells, and Herdstone are actual AoS kits. The rest of the kits could all really use an update.

Don't forget the Tzaangors and Slaangors too. And I think you could keep the Shaman, Dragon Ogres and Gorghon/Cygor even if they're WFB kits.

2 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Don't forget the Tzaangors and Slaangors too. And I think you could keep the Shaman, Dragon Ogres and Gorghon/Cygor even if they're WFB kits.

Agree with the Tzaangors/Slaangors and Shaman for sure, forgot about them. Cygor I could see staying, it's not the prettiest kit but it works. Dragon Ogors though, ehhhhh

• Like 1