The Rumour Thread

Lovely preview I loved everything! IJ is an amazing release, I really thought the range would never get an update. I hope that book 3 and 4 bring the same amount of cool mini's. Can we hope for a plastic Valkia the Bloody mini? What are the rumours mini wise for book 3 and 4?

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I was kinda dimly aware that Ogors were a pretty new full army at the time, but I still could not help but feel even then that some of their models like the Yhetees and Butchers, were among the worst-looking ones in the GW line up.

The Butcher was and still is the worst mini GW currently produces!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I was kinda dimly aware that Ogors were a pretty new full army at the time, but I still could not help but feel even then that some of their models like the Yhetees and Butchers, were among the worst-looking ones in the GW line up.

Yeah for sure. Ogre Kingdoms was the first new release when I got into the hobby (that’s how I know when they came out), and even then I wasn’t impressed with the models you mention. The army idea was sick though. I remember over a few White Dwarf issues there was a short story of an empire caravan going through the mountains, written as a diary. They’d hired Ogre guides/guards and encountered other tribes on the way. Very cool!

Edited by Still-young
  • Like 5

Anyone know what an "Army of Renown" means for AoS?
I've been reading the old 40k supplements to se what they were for 40k, but they are another type of "sub-faction" with some restrictions (something like Heresy Rites of War but for one faction). But I'm not sure if AoS will follow the same patron because from the WarCom preview, they are going to be allowed for other factions, that means no traits, artifacts and any subfaction bonus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Its interesting back when Ogre Kingdoms released that the GW colour scheme for the army was grey, like elephant skin.

They talked about this, amongst other design choices, in a bunch of white dwarf articles at the time (no warhammer community then, obviously) but that choice was made cos they decided that using human skintones made them look too much like big humans.  Which, to be honest, I quite agree with, and my ogors have grey rhino style skin to this day.  The downside, I suppose, is that it also makes them read as kinda undead at a glance, which I assume is part of why they went back to human skintones for later ogre kingdoms releases.

Edited by Lucentia
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

What does the lore say about Ogor skintones? Does anyone have pictures of the grey studio army? Sorry, been doing a little research about Ogors since these Gorgers.

from 6th ed army book (I think there is a slight green tint from the scans)

image.png.9a52048de7be45b1da75fde948a47565.pngimage.png.3293fea9a4b9ed4791c1b235f110712b.png

the skin recipe on the army book is 

Graveyard earth+ Shadow Grey base. Highlights mixing in Kommando Khaki. Final highlights with Bleached Bone.

Current colors are: Steel Legion Drab, The Fang, Karak Stone and Ushabti Bone.

Edited by Gotz
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, Gotz said:

from 6th ed army book (I think there is a slight green tint from the scans)

image.png.9a52048de7be45b1da75fde948a47565.pngimage.png.3293fea9a4b9ed4791c1b235f110712b.png

the skin recipe on the army book is 

Graveyard earth+ Shadow Grey base. Highlights mixing in Kommando Khaki. Final highlights with Bleached Bone.

Current colors are: Steel Legion Drab, The Fang, Karak Stone and Ushabti Bone.

This might also be interesting:

c2005usp0494-01.jpg.1bc851a022ed1c8c601c7877d762aeca.jpg

From the 2005 complete catalogue and hobby reference.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 8

31 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

They talked about this, amongst other design choices, in a bunch of white dwarf articles at the time (no warhammer community then, obviously) but that choice was made cos they decided that using human skintones made them look too much like big humans.  Which, to be honest, I quite agree with, and my ogors have grey rhino style skin to this day.  The downside, I suppose, is that it also makes them read as kinda undead at a glance, which I assume is part of why they went back to human skintones for layer ogre kingdoms releases.

I went grey initially with my odors but switched it up to an icy blue as I found the grey skin on top of wintery Beasts a little monochromatic. I did love the look of the odors on their own though

1 hour ago, Lucentia said:

They talked about this, amongst other design choices, in a bunch of white dwarf articles at the time (no warhammer community then, obviously) but that choice was made cos they decided that using human skintones made them look too much like big humans.  Which, to be honest, I quite agree with, and my ogors have grey rhino style skin to this day.  The downside, I suppose, is that it also makes them read as kinda undead at a glance, which I assume is part of why they went back to human skintones for later ogre kingdoms releases.

Those were good WD articles. They made the point about not wanting orc-style greenskins or anything wildly fantastical, rather something that you don't see in the RL human variation of skintones but only a little bit outside of it. Something still naturalistic.

It was a nice touch, though I remember it getting a mixed reception at the time and of course when 8th ed rolled around, they went back to big pink humans.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Grungnisson said:

image.jpeg.5d8ad13c4d825a46e7616ba4c6a63b63.jpeg

GW really missed their chance by providing the Troggoth king with multiple hateful bellies in the kit to sow discord and misery in the hobby as should be the duty and priviledge of all gaming companies! I demand extra bits for our noble Troll King, he hates everyone equally (but especially Lumineth - for good reason)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I do wish Ogres/Ogors were still grey to make them distinct from just being BigHumans, although I guess we have the Underguts for that.

Yeah exactly the reason why I still use the old Kaki/Grey scheme. I don't like them to look like big fat humanbeings, or otherwise said, look like my neighbour. The old scheme give them a more distinct, athentic look imho

Edited by Lowki
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, MitGas said:

GW really missed their chance by providing the Troggoth king with multiple hateful bellies in the kit to sow discord and misery in the hobby as should be the duty and priviledge of all gaming companies! I demand extra bits for our noble Troll King, he hates everyone equally (but especially Lumineth - for good reason)

"Nagash wuz here

Sigmar is a loser 💀"

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Hands down my favourite show yet, yes even better than Brodd as there were multiple systems that hit all the notes, even The Old World which I couldnt care less for because @Neverchosen can finally get that Unicorn!!

I am already thinking of ways to implement her into my narratives and missions. I feel like I will proxy her for Astreia Solbright for my Stormcast and as Pontifex Zenestra if I get Cities. 

Of course if I don't find a good trade for my Space Marines, I think having my rose marines lead by Lady El'Johnson on a Unicorn will at the very least force my opponents to rage quit most games due to lore inaccuracies. 

• LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I am already thinking of ways to implement her into my narratives and missions. I feel like I will proxy her for Astreia Solbright for my Stormcast and as Pontifex Zenestra if I get Cities. 

Of course if I don't find a good trade for my Space Marines, I think having my rose marines lead by Lady El'Johnson on a Unicorn will at the very least force my opponents to rage quit most games due to lore inaccuracies. 

If anyone rage quits because of that mate they simply have no style 💅

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1