The Rumour Thread

19 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

So when The emperor's children get released for 40k, will Fulgrim have 2 deamon models then?

Might be a bad sign for Emperor's Children players.

I know a lot were expecting a Codex in the next few years, but if a big plastic daemon Fulgrim is coming soon why make a resin version?

(The model itself is absolutely stunning. Literal jaw-dropper.)

//

Other thoughts:

• Space Marines were... fine, but a bit boring. (40k and 30k)
  • Ironjawz look amazing. As someone who likes the old Black Orcs, the new 'Ardboyz still blew me away. Weirdboy Wrekkaz too - those masks are wonderful.
  • Trugg deserves his kingly title.
  • Gorgers are gorgeous.
  • Damsel is very pretty.
  • Bloodbowl Vamps are wonderful. 
  • Underworlds... doesn't hit for me.
Edited by LordSolarMach

That was a pretty great preview. The marines were marines but they looked good and it's nice to see all the characters have options. Trugg is awesome. A perfect centrepiece for a Troggoth army. The Ironjawz update is great especially the new Ardboyz. Nice to see a dual build kit too. 

Good to see Ogors get some love. A very solid update to a resin kit that I thought looked awful before and the scenery piece is cool. 

I never would have guessed the Underworlds factions but they are both great warbands and gw continues to prove that they can design amazing pets. 

The old world mini is the first one that I kind of want to buy. Still absolutely no info about launch so I guess October is out. 

The vampire team is cool. It's nice to see them leaning into a classic look.

Finally that Fulgrim model is spectacular. How are they going to top that with the 40k release? They should just do the exact same model in plastic. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 2

This night, we have dined very well my fellow Destruction players.

Trugg, new Ironjawz minis and rules, Gorgers with an astonishing scenery... And that just for Destruction!

The preview had candies for everyone: marines in 30k/40k, new starter for Underworlds (that squid!), vampires in Bloodbowl, and that Fulgrim, wow. A very good preview indeed.

I will sleep tonight as the happiest troggoth in the Mortal Realms.

• LOVE IT! 1

Amazing preview ! ! !

Love the new Ardboyz. They are everything i want Ironjawz battleline to look like. Love the new Weirdbrutes gives Ironjawz some different looking models. Love the blacksmith. Great wave for Ironjawz.

FREE Ironjawz supplement??? This is a great move from GW. 

The Gorgers are gorgeous. Great Warcry set. Also includes a RE.

Need some getting used to the Troggoth. The antlers and giant beard throw me of a bit. Love a massive Troggoth character though. This also solves a few RE.

Underworlds is a pass for me. Squig also includes 2 RE.

10/10 for Destruction this preview.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Someone’s going to need to check on Brodd tomorrow. We might even need to take shifts. 

GW might've killed the man just when they decided to use his namesake in a major campaign....

15 minutes ago, LordSolarMach said:

Might be a bad sign for Emperor's Children players.

I know a lot were expecting a Codex in the next few years, but if a big plastic daemon Fulgrim is coming soon why make a resin version?

(The model itself is absolutely stunning. Literal jaw-dropper.)

//

Other thoughts:

• Space Marines were... fine, but a bit boring. (40k and 30k)
  • Ironjawz look amazing. As someone who likes the old Black Orcs, the new 'Ardboyz still blew me away. Weirdboy Wrekkaz too - those masks are wonderful.
  • Trugg deserves his kingly title.
  • Gorgers are gorgeous.
  • Damsel is very pretty.
  • Bloodbowl Vamps are wonderful. 
  • Underworlds... doesn't hit for me.

To be fair, they also decided to release another Horus model despite already having one in resin, so who knows what GW has up their sleeves?

Destruction easily won the night, first prize goes to Trugg of course, followed by the new Weirdnob Breakers, Ardboys, Gorgers, and brutes. Underworlds was interesting, love to see how the Everwinter is gonna effect lore and gameplay. The Vampires are a must for me, and I will add them to my collection of Undead Teams ASAP alongside a box just for kit bashes. Overall, I'd say this was a pretty good night for everybody but the Xenos, Dawi, Tomb Kings Fans (myself somewhat included) and Non-Space Marine players.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Fulgrim details uploaded, man Can’t wait to see what they do with Angron and Perturabo!!

IMG_3046.png

IMG_3045.png

IMG_3044.png

Just cant help feeling like non AoS players really got jelly of AoS and wanted their own Morathi figure and reskinned her as a primarch.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Just cant help feeling like non AoS players really got jelly of AoS and wanted their own Morathi figure and reskinned her as a primarch.

If anything it'd be the other way around, since Fulgrim has been "sexy snake daemon" in the lore for about as long as daemon primarchs have existed.

37 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

8 rumour engines were solved at least

3 Trogg

3 Ogors

2 Idoneth

IMG-20230830-WA0000.jpg.667e55a6d20d2ec22cb1afa5af71d493.jpg

The AoS unsolved rumours are the FeC, Morghast, Chaos and the Spider one.

Ogors solved 4 i think. 2 weapons and an arm. The three bone spikes seem to be on the back.

• Like 2

Wow all the new Ironjawz models look amazing, especially the new ardboyz, they look so menacing. I should have finished painting my current lot of Ironjawz by the time these get released so I might have to grab a box of the ardboyz and ragerz/wrekkaz when they go up for pre-order.

I'm a bit whelmed by Trugg (mostly due to the face/head I think) but he might grow on me over time.

Those new gorgers look great, might be tempted to grab that mini duel box with them and wildecorps depending on the price. 

The new underworlds set looks pretty nice, I'm always keen to see some new Idoneth models. Hopefully we might see some sort of elite namarti that resembles those two models in the box if/when Idoneth get a second wave.

I was hoping but wasn't expecting to see anything from the FEC so I'm not really disappointed on that front, there's probably still time for at least one more major preview this year.

It's not AOS related but speaking of disappointment, man that Fulgrim model is such a monkeys paw moment, I've been wanting a Fulgrim model (plus anything for emperors children in general) for ages and when it finally happens it's a HH Forgeworld resin kit. It's an amazing looking model but it's a bit marred by the disappointment. 

• Like 1

Great reveal. I even like the Marines.

But let’s cut to the case. Those Ironjaws look like real winners to me. What a range… . Ardboys successfully distinguish themselves from brutes and looks absolutely stunning doing so! Now. If only one could swap the grunta pigs into ones that look like the big pig.

Trogg makes me wanna play troggs is all I can say to that marvelous beast.

Warcry Box doesn’t have a single bad model, which is also chef‘s kiss!

what else? Fulgrim is a banger!

And those underworld demons are a treat!

Short opinion: Finally, it feels like the Era of the Beast. This Ironjawz wave in particular. I hope they set the pattern for how the remaining micro-factions are handled in the future. But the new giant Troggoth and Gorgers are also amazing additions to the Destruction GA.

Also, how nice is it that after the Cities release, normal humans are finally allowed to participate in the setting?

• Like 4