The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

Kurnothi actually means the sylvaneth/elf/(or even human maybe) worshippers of kurnoth

the fauns and centaurs are the one blessed by kurnoth to resemble some wild beasts 

And some sylvaneth are also considered as kurnothi.

After seeing this I went to lexicanum to find out more! Unfortunately there's a giant advert for meg 2 covering up the info so I didn't learn much 🤣

I saw they've divided them into Kurnothi Aelf, Kurnothi humans are mentioned as are Fawn and Centaurs! I didn't know it was a cult I assumed a new race!

Are we getting a Kurnothi warcry warband?

Edited by CDM

25 minutes ago, CDM said:

After seeing this I went to lexicanum to find out more! Unfortunately there's a giant advert for meg 2 covering up the info so I didn't learn much 🤣

I saw they've divided them into Kurnothi Aelf, Kurnothi humans are mentioned as are Fawn and Centaurs! I didn't know it was a cult I assumed a new race!

Man I hope so!

6 hours ago, novakai said:

It’s like firstborn, people said they would not remove them but it ended up they where doing it slowly 

of course AoS and ToW are two different  system and teams in the end, what happens in Old world doesn’t have any ties with AoS when talking about AoS.

model for the most part going to toW are gone in AoS at least to the AoS design team because it’s not their product any more.

The other thing is that, by and large, removed Firstborn Marines usually get a Primaris equivalent eventually, if they don't already have one - so it's less "they're squatted" and more "they have better rules and better models that play basically the same but have a different name".

So in the case of the Wanderers, I'd be a little less miffed if we had lots of Kurnothi out or clearly on the way, and a *lot* less miffed if we had new aelf units actually in Cities of Sigmar that filled a gameplay role where the old Wanderer models could be easily proxied in.

• Like 1

But all Wanderer models can be proxied now

Rangers - executioners 

Wild riders - cold one knights 

Fariy riders (forgot the name) - dark riders 

Eternal guard - dreadspears 

Same as people saying its a shame there aren't any mixed race units but there can be. 

Put some elves in the new rangers, dwarf as the new cannon crew, humans manning a organ gun, some halflings bringing refreshments to the new gunners, an ogre in the new knight unit, tho he not allowed a horse because he keeps eating them. 

Im looking forward to seeing what people do. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

But all Wanderer models can be proxied now

Rangers - executioners 

Wild riders - cold one knights 

Fariy riders (forgot the name) - dark riders 

Eternal guard - dreadspears 

Same as people saying its a shame there aren't any mixed race units but there can be. 

Put some elves in the new rangers, dwarf as the new cannon crew, humans manning a organ gun, some halflings bringing refreshments to the new gunners, an ogre in the new knight unit, tho he not allowed a horse because he keeps eating them. 

Im looking forward to seeing what people do. 

I mean you can proxy, I feel people just want to have officialness when it comes to their miniature.

like I have Snarlfangs, I can proxy them as spiderfang but I rather they did something as the Snarlfang warscroll so I don’t bother either way.

it really just comes down to it just not the same 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, CDM said:

I think so. I doubt Sylvaneth would get another range expansion with some Kurnothi units. One warband is alright and Sylvaneths are mentioned in latest lore video about Gnarlwood warbands. Happy to be wrong tho 😂

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

I don’t see a place for Darkshards, Bleak Swords and Dreadspears - unless I‘ve missed a synergie they won’t do anything with their 4 (3+), 4+, no rend dmg 1 combined with medium to bad armour.

I’d never underestimate dark shards, even without run and shoot a unit of 20 can still force a lot of saves. 

spears and swords might not have a function beyond being better for blood sacrifice than the black guard. That being said, they’re comparable to steelhelms and slightly better on the offensive than the human equivalent. They also bulk up the number of units for the grand strategy based on the number of banners, and the battle tactic for charging 3 aelf units (probably the easiest battletactic in the tome)

there’s a spell which can make a unit’s melee attacks completely negate armour, which  might help them, however that’s probably better cast on black guard anyway

• Like 3

I'm of the feeling there isn't alot of space for more battletomes (I've made my ideas clear on scrapping battletomes!) 

There likely will be Malerion Umbraneth faction, but other than that I don't see any definates. If they ramp up the expansion to factions outside of battletomes, which to their credit they've done well with recently and is getting better that way in AOS and 40k, then I don't mind the battletome cycle.

2 Warcry boxes and a another underworld band and you've got a mini new faction in Kurnothi. Replacement spider riders in a Warcry box and done.   And these are alongside much needed second waves and we're in a good place.

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, CDM said:

I'm of the feeling there isn't alot of space for more battletomes (I've made my ideas clear on scrapping battletomes!) 

I think AoS has almost reach the limit of wealthy numbers of supported and supportable factions . There is probably still space for the most wanted Malerion elves.

1 hour ago, CDM said:

There likely will be Malerion Umbraneth faction, but other than that I don't see any definates. If they ramp up the expansion to factions outside of battletomes, which to their credit they've done well with recently and is getting better that way in AOS and 40k, then I don't mind the battletome cycle.

2 Warcry boxes and a another underworld band and you've got a mini new faction in Kurnothi. Replacement spider riders in a Warcry box and done.   And these are alongside much needed second waves and we're in a good place.

Sad Chorf noises

• Sad 3

7 hours ago, CDM said:

I think we are getting a Kurnothi and ogor warband next. 

I do hope that we get a couple of more kits though with rules in book 2 or 3 of the dawnbringer crusades. if anything the background and situation following the rite of life makes it the best situation for more Kurnothi models including the return of kurnoth. 

Having had a look through the background of the new cities book it does talk about forest dwelling orruks and flesh eater courts in ghyran which we know will be getting releases. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Azamar said:

They also bulk up the number of units for the grand strategy based on the number of banners, and the battle tactic for charging 3 aelf units (probably the easiest battletactic in the tome)

Fun fact, a dreadlord, drakespawn knights and a chariot unit, a (expensive) way to kill basically anything in the game with a fast and reliable charge happens to be 3 units as well.

7 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I don’t see a place for Darkshards, Bleak Swords and Dreadspears - unless I‘ve missed a synergie they won’t do anything with their 4 (3+), 4+, no rend dmg 1 combined with medium to bad armour.

this book have a problem, all the battlelines are useless.

the steelhelms are skinks but expensiver

the elfs are the same

the dwarf are maybe the best option,but 130 for the battleline tax is expensive.

so the units that you mention have two uses,one use them to give the +2 cast to sorcerer(we gonna play 2 or 3 sorcerers so we gonna need corpses) and second to refill the battleline tax.

yes they are bad,overcosted and useless,but the other option are the steelhelms that are horrible also or pay 40 more points for longbeards.

the darkshards i cant tell you nothing good,they are bad and umplayables,only 6'6 no rend damage for 120 and 10 wounds save5 cost 90/100 and not 120 but i gonna use mine darkshard as bleak swords(i built them as darkshards but i glued in the back the shield with the lance similar style to seaguard of old elfs)

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, dekay said:

Thank goodness for the conditional battlelines then. Should help minimize the tax.

yes,but is hard do mix races list to take the max of the new orders and also battletactics that need human,dwarf,elfs for diferents and same time use the conditional battlelines.

but yes,i have started to do lists and i usually bring allways one tax of stellhems to unlock fusiliers as line and so i can bring 30 fusiliers and not only 20

5 minutes ago, dekay said:

Thank goodness for the conditional battlelines then. Should help minimize the tax.

Battlelines are not bad at all. Steelhelmets don't have good stats (and they shoudn't), but  they have a lot going on (they have Heart of The Legion, ObSec, etc...) and just by being in your lists, they unlock another battleline.

Dwarfs battlelines are expensive, but they have good stats. Ironbreakers have 3+ save with 4+ ward if needed, that's an Elite profile. Longbears can be tooled for attack (-2 rend that can be buffed) or defense.

(I didn't read Aelve warscrolls, can't comment)

And to be honest, Orders seems to be the mechanic that will win games.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Supposedly Gholemkind get another mention as being mercenaries in Greywater Fastness. I haven't found the line myself, but it's another excuse for some speculation about them appearing in model form at some point. 

Mentioned on page 29, last paragraph. No details apart from the fact that they're there. Nice to get a mention, though.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, CDM said:

That's the Idoneth trying to scare to away from discovering other, less terrible, forms of Aelves.

• Haha 1